Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Now We're Cookin'!
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2012, 08:59 PM   #1
alleycat
Here I come to save the day...
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Wine Jelly

I haven't tried this recipe, but it looks interesting and easy enough to do. It's from America's Test Kitchen.

I don't know that I would buy wine just to make the jelly, but if you had some leftover wine or have a bottle or two of (cheap) wine given to you that you're not going to use otherwise, it might be worth a try.

http://www.americastestkitchenfeed.c...ke-wine-jelly/

http://www.americastestkitchenfeed.c...de-wine-jelly/

Last edited by alleycat; 05-08-2012 at 07:09 AM.
alleycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #2
jennontheisland
the world is at my command

jennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Wine jelly is definitely worth a try. I've never made it, but I've bought it, and it was holy yum.

Eat This.
jennontheisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:44 PM   #3
EarlyBird
Grinding it out

EarlyBird is a shiny, shiny jewelEarlyBird is a shiny, shiny jewel
I've had it. It's pretty tasty.

Mostly, though, I like it because it sounds so exotic.

"Oh, Brigitte, you just have to try the wine jelly. Would you like red or white?"

Three and a half novels to paper. More in the pipeline.
EarlyBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:47 PM   #4
alleycat
Here I come to save the day...
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm wondering what it would be like to make it with sangria.

alleycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:06 AM   #5
Lady MacBeth
Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.

Lady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthood
I've never heard of wine jelly. Sounds good!
Lady MacBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:18 PM   #6
Mandy-Jane
venturing ever further into the unknown

Mandy-Jane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMandy-Jane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMandy-Jane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMandy-Jane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMandy-Jane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMandy-Jane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMandy-Jane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMandy-Jane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMandy-Jane is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sounds amazing! I might try it!

Mandy-Jane is offline   Reply With Quote