Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Rejection and Dejection
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 08:47 PM   #17201
kellion92
A cat may not look at a king

kellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yay for Elisabetta dropping some history-talking stuff on us and Clovia's early mythological schooling. Some smart folks on here...

Glad your dinner with Kiddo #2 was good, Rick. You and Lynne must being doing something right -- I think this development is way ahead of schedule for most families.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:48 PM   #17202
Calla Lily
On deadline for the next year or so
AW Moderator

Calla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Rick, we're getting to the end of our stupid period with College Boy. It's lovely. However, where kiddo's concerned, we magically become dumber than a bag of hammers.

I admit to being a wee bit tired of it.

Haupe, my machineness falters when it comes to dusting and vacuuming. I'm doing laundry today, too, but it's the dust that mom sees. *sigh*
Old 11-10-2012, 09:02 PM   #17203
Little1
Hakuna Matata

Little1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good afternoon all

Awesome wordage Moon

It's gloomy so its purfect for writing

Um.. Pekachu and Hello Kitty should NOT be doing that!!!! LOL
Old 11-10-2012, 11:49 PM   #17204
charmingbillie
Are we there yet?

charmingbillie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscharmingbillie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscharmingbillie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscharmingbillie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscharmingbillie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscharmingbillie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscharmingbillie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscharmingbillie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscharmingbillie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Afternoon all!

Repped as I went.

Working on revisions to book 3 this weekend (and for several weekends to come). Should be doing some yardwork right now, but I'm typing this instead. Then I will go at least look at the yard. It's 75 and supposed to snow tomorrow.

Have a lovely day, purgies!

Oh, yeah, what are you going to do? Release the dogs? Or the bees? Or the dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark they shoot bees at you?
--Homer Simpson
Old 11-11-2012, 12:39 AM   #17205
Maryn
You, too?
AW Moderator

Maryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Won't the snow sort of take care of all the yard work in its own special way?

Maryn, practical
Old 11-11-2012, 12:51 AM   #17206
OL
Still a beach bum...

OL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
LOVE Elisabetta's new avi!
Old 11-11-2012, 12:52 AM   #17207
Dragonstar
a wishin' and a hopin'

Dragonstar is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonstar is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonstar is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonstar is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonstar is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonstar is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonstar is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonstar is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonstar is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonstar is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonstar is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hi, the thinking paid off. I've now figured out how to get to where I was going. I'm not Nano-ing. Just writing.

Grats to Nano-ers on wordage.

Rick, glad you aren't stupid anymore. (Not that I thought you were.)

Elisabetta, yes, I remember when I was on my serious history kick how many eras had men being the fancy dressers.

I forget what else...sorry.

*goes back to writing*
Old 11-11-2012, 12:56 AM   #17208
moonfairee
practical experience, FTW

moonfairee has a spectacular aura
Thank you Kellion, Cheeky, Rick, and Little1 for your kind words! (BTW, Cheeky, that cover for the English Three is TO DIE FOR *drools*)

And thank you to everyone for the NaNo encouragement!

Lily!! That is AWESOME about your son's SAT. Go him! *hands you many espressos*

Elisabetta, that post about the history of men dressing fancy is rocking my freaking socks off! Love it!

Best of luck to everyone working on NaNo! No words yet today, because I am Interneting, but I'm going to get started right.... Now!

Okay, Now!...

Website Twitter Facebook
Old 11-11-2012, 01:48 AM   #17209
Calla Lily
AW Moderator

Calla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Progress has been made. Pies are baked. Used extra crust for apple dumplings. Cupcakes are baked and frosted. Pot roast in the oven for tonight's supper. Laundry washed, dried, and folded. Last of the herbs snipped--the parsley, marjoram, and oregano were still good. Only the basil succumbed to the frost.

The house, alas, is neither dusted nor vacuumed. I shall resign myself to being thought a slovenly housekeeper by my mother.

The kitten just fell asleep on the piles of folded laundry. I couldn't get a pic because he tried to change position and rolled off the clothes onto the rug. Yes, I chuckled.

I may also have spent half an hour watching illicitly recorded live production numbers from the Broadway Scarlet Pimpernel musical, inspired by everyone's discussion of men primping and dressing fancier than women.

Wordage?

Erm...

Look! A cupcake!
Old 11-11-2012, 02:20 AM   #17210
K. Taylor
Bah Humbug

K. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hee, kitties are graceful until they're....not. Scrapper is spectacular at falling off things.

BEAGLE AVI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lily, early Thanksgiving?

Still sick. That's all I got.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:42 AM   #17211
Calla Lily
AW Moderator

Yes, early Thanksgiving. It's really a combo late birthday celebration (Mr. Lily and kiddo), but because it's so close to the holiday--and we're not traveling--we're doinng the whole turkey thing tomorrow.

We'll do it all again on Thanksgiving Day, too.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:48 AM   #17212
Kasey Mackenzie
Cover Karma - 3 for 3 KICK@$$!

Kasey Mackenzie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKasey Mackenzie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKasey Mackenzie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKasey Mackenzie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKasey Mackenzie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKasey Mackenzie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKasey Mackenzie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKasey Mackenzie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKasey Mackenzie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*does a drive-by post* Shopping for a baby's funeral is really effing depressing; that's all I can say about that.

On the plus side, the funeral home has donated their services and a casket/vault thingie for my nephew, so the only thing we have to pay for is the burial plot. My husband and I are covering that because you have to pay for it up front and then we're hoping that we can raise enough money to reimburse us for that; and have some left over to help my sister and brother-in-law because things are really rough for them right now. On the double plus side, burial plots in the boonies where they live are WAY cheaper than I expected.

And wow, I am probably a thread killer talking about all this.

Um, I got b@d@$$ new shoes to wear tomorrow - there! That's about as cheerful as I get today.

Hope that everyone else is doing well. I am skimming everyone's news but don't have the energy to be polite and respond to people individually. But I appreciate all the hugs and prayers/thoughts and am sending it right back to you all.

Black-Hearted Betrayal - Penguin/Ace June 26, 2012.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:04 AM   #17213
Calla Lily
AW Moderator

{{{Kasey}}} You are wonderful.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:10 AM   #17214
JennW
Hangin' with my writing peeps

JennW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
{{{Kasey}}}

rick -

cheeky - feel better!

Also, I'm sneaking over to lily's for some of those goodies she's making.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:48 AM   #17215
kellion92

kellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
(((Kasey)))
Old 11-11-2012, 07:02 AM   #17216
Dragonfly45
Purveyor of the Sparkly

Dragonfly45 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonfly45 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonfly45 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonfly45 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonfly45 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonfly45 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonfly45 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonfly45 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonfly45 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
(((((kasey))))))))))

Chain of Command-from Stairway Press, Jan. 2013
tT- coming June 2013 from Stairway Press
CB- on sub
PbN- WIP
Old 11-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #17217
xiaotien
bedazzled /bootay shaker!!

xiaotien is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsxiaotien is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsxiaotien is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsxiaotien is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsxiaotien is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsxiaotien is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsxiaotien is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsxiaotien is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsxiaotien is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsxiaotien is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsxiaotien is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
YA in the Sun went really
well according to everyone. i was
running around too much to
truly gauge, but we had 100 or
so attendees.

wish we had more teens tho.

it was lovely to see gretchen.

kasey, hugs!!

Silver Ph0enix (Greenwi11ow: 4/09)

Fury of the Ph0enix (Greenwi11ow: 3/11)

Diverse 3nergies anthology (Tu B00ks: 10/12)

visit my website :
paint & prose

my brush art at etsy!

Last edited by xiaotien; 11-11-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #17218
OL
Still a beach bum...

OL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Moving = hate.

Gahhhhh...
Old 11-11-2012, 12:31 PM   #17219
firedrake
practical experience, FTW

firedrake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsfiredrake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsfiredrake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsfiredrake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsfiredrake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsfiredrake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsfiredrake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsfiredrake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsfiredrake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsfiredrake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsfiredrake is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by OL View Post
Moving = hate.

Gahhhhh...
((((Hugs))))Could be worse. Could be a transatlantic move! I hope I never have to do that again. I hate moving.

(((Kasey)))
Old 11-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #17220
Bogna
A Scottish Ginger Cat

Bogna has a spectacular auraBogna has a spectacular aura
I am moving from Oregon to New Hampshire next August and I am not looking forward to it.

Now back to refreshing my inbox.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:13 PM   #17221
OL
Still a beach bum...

Yeah, it's not quite a transatlantic move but it is a long-distance move. I wish I'd had a little more time. I would have tossed more. But I'm at the, "Oh, f***, throw it in a box" place.

Love the avi, Bogna!
Old 11-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #17222
sammyig
Vampire Connoisseur

sammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Morning all.

Maryn- I did go see Bond. This one was nicely done, I thought. Javier Bardem plays such a good bad guy.

I walked a serious ton yesterday, but I am extremely happy that my feet do not hurt this morning like they had in the past.

My biggest yay- This is the first day since May that I've woken up and my heart wasn't hammering in my chest. I am overjoyed about this.

((Kasey))

Sorrow's Point- Crescent Moon Press- Release Date: October 15, 2013

Constructing Marcus- Eirelander Publishing- Release Date: August 30, 2013

My Blog/Website Twitter Facebook
Old 11-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #17223
K. Taylor
Bah Humbug

K. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
yay for a good morning, Sammy.

Veteran's Day today. Tell someone thank you.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:02 PM   #17224
Rick
"Thriller" Apprentice

Rick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRick is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good morning Purgies!

(((Kasey)))

(((Cindy)))

(((Lisa)))

Sammy - Yay! for no hurting feet or hammering heart!

We had a Purgy meet-up last night - biggest one I've been to - 6 Purgies. Ink was in town for work, so we took the opportunity to round up the local Purgies - Clovia, Rosie, Lela, Lwalker, and me. I had a great time, and noob me continues to learn more stuff about the wacky literary world. * shakes head in amazement *

Anyway, back to revising the opening to Purgy Pandemonium. It's coming along well.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:11 PM   #17225
kellion92

The stars were aligned with big Purgie meetups on both coasts!

(((Cindy))) sorry you're feeling so discouraged. What a path we have chosen ...

Sammy, glad you're feeling better.

Hello Bogna. Sympathy for the move, and more for OL.

Going on a Brownie hike today, then going to see my baby niece.
Closed Thread