Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Horror
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 08:06 AM   #15476
TedTheewen
President of the Cray Fan Club

Location: In the Land of Make Believe, where unicorns play and women are attracted to me.
TedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hi folks

Another day at the funhouse is over.

Hope everybody is doing well, or at least getting some writing done. I hope to get a bunch done tonight.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:10 AM   #15477
soapdish
writing

soapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I guess we're fun. Sometimes.

No writing for me tonight. Maybe, *maybe* a little tomorrow.

Hope you're productive tonight, Ted.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:15 AM   #15478
night-flyer
flying around in the pumpkin patch

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yay, you go Ted! Happy writing to you!

I think tonight for me will be movie night, tomorrow night I'll see what I can accomplish in other things. I just can't seem to get into the spirit of writing lately. I may concentrate on my artwork for a while.

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:26 AM   #15479
TedTheewen

Location: In the Land of Make Believe, where unicorns play and women are attracted to me.
TedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Artwork is good. I'm struggling to avoid distractions, like Ghost Adventures and the Dead Files. Even though I can't stand Zac Bagans and every episode I watch I keep hoping he gets gang-possessed by a bunch of spirits until he cries for his mommy.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:36 AM   #15480
soapdish
writing

soapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Anything creative, right? You'll get back into writing when you're ready, Night.

I'm watching the Amazing Spider-Man. It's terrible.
And market shopping on Duotrope.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #15481
ASC McLaren
Intended for mature audiences

ASC McLaren is a glorious beacon of lightASC McLaren is a glorious beacon of lightASC McLaren is a glorious beacon of light
Still at work....
Old 11-10-2012, 08:43 AM   #15482
soapdish
writing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASC McLaren View Post
Still at work....
That's so wrong.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:47 AM   #15483
TedTheewen

I'm munching on dinner and surfing. It takes me a bit to get work out of my head.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #15484
soapdish
writing

Now I'm heading to bed.

Night, hounds.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:54 AM   #15485
TedTheewen

But I just got here...awww.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:41 AM   #15486
ASC McLaren

ASC McLaren is a glorious beacon of lightASC McLaren is a glorious beacon of lightASC McLaren is a glorious beacon of light
Just got home. Three day weekend!!!!!

Old 11-10-2012, 09:50 AM   #15487
TedTheewen

I wish I had a 3-day weekend. My company doesn't believe in those.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #15488
ASC McLaren

I think I used to work there....
Old 11-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #15489
TedTheewen

Quote:
I think I used to work there....
Do you come home with a sore butt and deflated sense of self-worth?

Old 11-10-2012, 11:09 AM   #15490
ASC McLaren

I have, in the past, left work and found myself at a shooting range. Once there I dissipated my stress by expensively punching .45" holes in paper.

But, at my current job, I have a diminished sense of self worth and I sometime (especially after I've been written up, again, for bullshit reasons) find that I have no interest in any of my hobbies and find that my only hope is in winning a massive lottery.

I fucking hate my job.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #15491
ASC McLaren

Ted, my friend, when I worked for Trim Systems, I was treated better by cancer then my employer.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:21 PM   #15492
TedTheewen

I used to think the lottery was for me. Now I just figure I can write my way of out this. Seriously, I think fate has lined up only one scenario and it is me writing until I can be a pro full-time.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:33 PM   #15493
night-flyer

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdish View Post
Anything creative, right? You'll get back into writing when you're ready, Night.

I'm watching the Amazing Spider-Man. It's terrible.
And market shopping on Duotrope.
I kind of alter between writing, drawing, and reading. Sometimes I do them during the same period of time, but usually it's one or the other.

Quote:
Just got home. Three day weekend!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedTheewen View Post
Do you come home with a sore butt and deflated sense of self-worth?
This, except replace butt with feet and back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedTheewen View Post
I used to think the lottery was for me. Now I just figure I can write my way of out this. Seriously, I think fate has lined up only one scenario and it is me writing until I can be a pro full-time.
I'm thinking the same thing, but leaning more to the art side, I don't think I'm a very good writer and probably won't make it that way.

Quote:
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:33 PM   #15494
Rhoda Nightingale
Vampire Junkie

Rhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
What up, y'all?

Currently kickin' it at VA Beach's second annual "Blood at the Beach" horror con. I got to meet Zack Ward, Anthony Micheal Hall, Verne Troyer, Alex Winter and Jack Ketchum whom I completely flailed over (although not as badly as I probably could have, at least I hope not).

I will blog in greater detail about this at the end of the day.

See ya!

Blog: http://glitter-n-gore.livejournal.com/
Old 11-10-2012, 11:40 PM   #15495
night-flyer

PICS!! or it didn't happen...

sounds great, Rhoda! And Jack Ketchum...wow. Super cool! Nice line-up there. *is jealous*

Quote:

Old 11-10-2012, 11:50 PM   #15496
Rhoda Nightingale
Vampire Junkie

Rhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
^My camera's dead, but this is the website for the event.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:05 AM   #15497
night-flyer

Whoa...that's one hell of a guest list! It must be way exciting to be there. Too bad you can't take pics. :/

Quote:

Old 11-11-2012, 12:19 AM   #15498
Rhoda Nightingale
Vampire Junkie

I could take pics with my phone I guess, but most of the celebs are charging for photos, even if you use your own camera. I know, it sounds like an excuse, but that's just how it's going.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:44 AM   #15499
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Location: A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible things lurk just beneath the surface of reality
FOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdish View Post
I like how they advise that you should steer clear of the brain because of CJD.
Kuru Fever anyone?

Old 11-11-2012, 01:12 AM   #15500
night-flyer

No brains for me, pizza just got here. I haven't bought pizza in almost a year. Can't afford it, but I'm soooooooo f***ing hungry. And my car won't get me anywhere. Anyways who needs electricity?

Quote:

Closed Thread