Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Discussion > AW Roundtable > AW Regional Meet and Greet
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #476
Pinguicha
Has the cutest cat in the world!

Pinguicha is on a distinguished road
I wish I could join you guys, but I'm poorer than poor at the moment (cats got sick, bank account got drained and I'm still a student, so, no income) and there's probably no way I have money to fly over.

Would love to discuss books over drinks with everyone, though!

Wish Upon A Star (Contemporary YA): 56k - Revising

The Road to Hell (Epic Fantasy YA): 9546/100k+

Pinguicha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:54 PM   #477
Shara
Fix it in the Rewrite

Shara is a glorious beacon of lightShara is a glorious beacon of light
If everyone's happy with the George, our writing group still meets there and I am happy to book it for that day.

Usually they want us out by 5pm, though, because they are doing comedy nights on Saturdays now and they say they need time to set up.

What time do we want to start?

Shara

MY BOOKS:

Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #478
seun
Horror Man

seun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
It's probably been mentioned already but where's the George?

My site My twitter My facebook
seun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #479
JimmyB27
Dazed & Confused

JimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by seun View Post
It's probably been mentioned already but where's the George?
It was mentioned in the date poll thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylander View Post
The George, opposite the Royal Courts of Justice on the Strand

ETA: http://www.capitalpubcompany.com/our-pubs/the-george/

"Having been an English literary graduate, I've been trying to avoid the idea of doing art ever since. I think the idea of art kills creativity. I think media are at their most interesting before anybody's thought of calling them art, when people still think they're just a load of junk."
Douglas Adams
JimmyB27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:08 PM   #480
crunchyblanket
the Juggernaut of Imperfection

crunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
As long as no cheeky Cockney types pick my pocket and Jack the Ripper doesn't carve me up, then I'm happy.

You spoil all my fun.

My short story "When Charlie Sleeps" is in Best British Horror 2014. Buy it. It'll make you happier and sexier.

crunchyblanket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:55 PM   #481
Shakesbear
knows a hawk from a handsaw

Shakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthood
Quote:
As long as no cheeky Cockney types pick my pocket and Jack the Ripper doesn't carve me up, then I'm happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyblanket View Post
You spoil all my fun.

Crunchy d'you really think Seun would notice being picked and carved?

About meeting time - lunch time? 12ish? 1ish?

And my large kingdom for a little grave,
A little little grave, an obscure grave . . .

Shakesbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:52 PM   #482
crunchyblanket

crunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Crunchy d'you really think Seun would notice being picked and carved?
I'm hoping he won't, otherwise the day's entertainment is scuppered.

12/1sh sounds good to me.

My short story "When Charlie Sleeps" is in Best British Horror 2014. Buy it. It'll make you happier and sexier.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:28 PM   #483
Shakesbear

Shakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthood
Quote:
I'm hoping he won't, otherwise the day's entertainment is scuppered.
Do you want to pick or carve?

Quote:
12/1sh sounds good to me.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:03 PM   #484
crunchyblanket

Quote:
Do you want to pick or carve?
I'm a Cockney. We're all about the picking

Old 11-09-2012, 11:06 PM   #485
JimmyB27
Dazed & Confused

JimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
12 is terrible for me. I propose 12:13

"Having been an English literary graduate, I've been trying to avoid the idea of doing art ever since. I think the idea of art kills creativity. I think media are at their most interesting before anybody's thought of calling them art, when people still think they're just a load of junk."
Douglas Adams
JimmyB27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:21 AM   #486
Shakesbear

Quote:
I'm a Cockney. We're all about the picking
Hmmm interesting. (You are not one of those strange Cockneys born in Bermondsey are you?) I too am a Cockney - but will settle for the carving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyB27 View Post
12 is terrible for me. I propose 12:13
Fine with me!

Old 11-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #487
seun
Horror Man

seun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I sat through a whole episode of EastEnders once. Does that make me Cockney?

Old 11-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #488
Shakesbear

Quote:
I sat through a whole episode of EastEnders once. Does that make me Cockney?

Nope. Probably made you brain dead.

Old 11-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #489
crunchyblanket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakesbear View Post
Hmmm interesting. (You are not one of those strange Cockneys born in Bermondsey are you?) I too am a Cockney - but will settle for the carving!
....I was born in Bermondsey. Have you been stalking me again?

Old 11-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #490
Mr Flibble
They've been very bad, Mr Flibble

Location: We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the mess?
Mr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Damn, missed out on picking and carving seun.

12ish sounds good to me.

"Fade to Black is a dynamic and original introduction to a world and character that promise further exciting stories". British Fantasy Society

The series has grown in complexity since the beginning, reaches a profoundly moving conclusion that is both unexpected and entirely satisfying - Publisher's Weekly

Twitter
Mr Flibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:52 PM   #491
Shakesbear

Quote:
....I was born in Bermondsey. Have you been stalking me again?
nah . . . not stalking . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Flibble View Post
Damn, missed out on picking and carving seun.

12ish sounds good to me.
I am sure that there is enough of Seun to share with you . . . is that an ambiguous statement?

Old 11-11-2012, 12:46 AM   #492
Mr Flibble
They've been very bad, Mr Flibble

Location: We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the mess?
Mr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I am sure that there is enough of Seun to share with you . . . is that an ambiguous statement?
Are we talking catering already? Cos I'm not sure seun is suitable for vegetarians or people with nut allergies.

"Fade to Black is a dynamic and original introduction to a world and character that promise further exciting stories". British Fantasy Society

The series has grown in complexity since the beginning, reaches a profoundly moving conclusion that is both unexpected and entirely satisfying - Publisher's Weekly

Twitter
Mr Flibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:56 AM   #493
crunchyblanket

Quote:
Are we talking catering already? Cos I'm not sure seun is suitable for vegetarians or people with nut allergies.
On the plus side, you wouldn't need to shave him much....

Old 11-11-2012, 01:26 AM   #494
Shakesbear

Quote:
LOL! Maybe not suitable for vegetarians - but surely there cannot be anyone here with a nut allergy - we is all nuts!

Quote:
True . . .

Old 11-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #495
Priene
Out to lunch

Priene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
How do you know Seun's nuts aren't hairy?
Old 11-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #496
crunchyblanket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priene View Post
How do you know Seun's nuts aren't hairy?
Ah, that'd be telling.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #497
seun
Horror Man

Best. Thread. Ever.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:45 PM   #498
seun
Horror Man

Anyone want to take charge of this and get it organised? Someone with more of an idea about London than me would be a good idea.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #499
Shakesbear

I thought we had agreed to April 27 at the George in the Strand. About 12ish?

Old 01-14-2013, 02:11 PM   #500
seun
Horror Man

Quote:
I thought we had agreed to April 27 at the George in the Strand. About 12ish?
Cool. Didn't realise it was definitely on.