Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Music and Songwriting
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #8301
Alpha Echo
The Future is Bright

Alpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sugarland - These Are The Days
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible"
T.H Lawrence

Alpha Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:50 PM   #8302
WillSauger
The Crazy Man in the Sun. Feel me.

WillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Rembihnutur by Sigur Ros

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn" -- Alvin Toffler.

"The heights of great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night" -- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
WillSauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:33 PM   #8303
druid12000
You're out of your tree...

Location: The dark side of the moon, making sinister plans...
druid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The opening guitar for Alice Cooper's School's Out is doing a loop thru my mind. I love the song but I swear it's as bad as Manamana for sticking power. So, I'm going to kill it now with...

Aenima - Tool
" My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know. Everybody you see. Everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake and they live in a state of constant total amazement." ~ from 'Joe vs the Volcano'
druid12000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:46 AM   #8304
Ralph Pines
In Search of the Throne of Stars

Ralph Pines has a spectacular auraRalph Pines has a spectacular aura
The Reckoning by the Machine Vandals
Neither Here nor There....

Short Story Collections Online:

Changing of the Seasons
U/F: Wizards' World War
Sci-Fi:The Gate

Contributor to NERD TREK (user name Rafael):

http://nerdtrek.com

And on Twitter:

RafaWriter (original it ain't, but it works for me!)
Ralph Pines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:50 AM   #8305
WillSauger

WillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
In The Quiet Absence of God by Blue Sky Black Earth

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn" -- Alvin Toffler.

"The heights of great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night" -- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:52 AM   #8306
druid12000
You're out of your tree...

Location: The dark side of the moon, making sinister plans...
druid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Possum Kingdom - The Toadies
" My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know. Everybody you see. Everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake and they live in a state of constant total amazement." ~ from 'Joe vs the Volcano'
druid12000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:05 AM   #8307
Ralph Pines
In Search of the Throne of Stars

Ralph Pines has a spectacular auraRalph Pines has a spectacular aura
The Music from the Cosmos TV Series by Vangelis
Neither Here nor There....

Short Story Collections Online:

Changing of the Seasons
U/F: Wizards' World War
Sci-Fi:The Gate

Contributor to NERD TREK (user name Rafael):

http://nerdtrek.com

And on Twitter:

RafaWriter (original it ain't, but it works for me!)
Ralph Pines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:16 AM   #8308
WillSauger

Alligator Pie by Dave Matthews Band

Old 11-10-2012, 03:17 AM   #8309
Aurelee
figuring it all out

Aurelee is on a distinguished road
Grow by Rae Morris
Aurelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:34 AM   #8310
RookieWriter
practical experience, FTW

RookieWriter is on a distinguished road
Guns N' Roses - Sorry
RookieWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:51 AM   #8311
WillSauger

Cry Freedom by Dave Matthews Band

Old 11-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #8312
Chris P
Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred

Chris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ballad of Mott the Hoople - Mott the Hoople

It's a 70s kind of day

Click here to see a video of my two years in Uganda with the Peace Corps

Resingled Needs another round of betas. Interested?
Nyasaland Undergoing major repairs.
WIP: Cloak of Iron. WWI Sci-fi. It's got tanks. And holograms. 43,000 words.
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #8313
RookieWriter

RookieWriter is on a distinguished road
Guns N' Roses - Knocking on Heavens Door
RookieWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #8314
WillSauger

Movements by Blue Sky Black Death

Old 11-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #8315
Chris P

Chris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Tommy Guerrero - And the folklore continues

Old 11-10-2012, 10:54 PM   #8316
WillSauger

Love What Happened Here by James Blake

One of my favorite songs. I really love how James Blake dabbled in good dubstep and said, "I dun like it," and moved on with post-dubstep and wrote some amazing things.

*Eagerly awaiting his next album*

Old 11-10-2012, 11:18 PM   #8317
Chris P

Fleet Foxes - He doesn't know why

I really, really love this band. They remind me of the trippier stuff from the Moody Blues from way back when.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #8318
DarkSongofErrin

DarkSongofErrin is on a distinguished road
No quarter - Tool
Old 11-11-2012, 04:15 PM   #8319
WillSauger

Transition 1 by The Dear Hunter

Old 11-12-2012, 01:48 AM   #8320
Blinkk
Driving cross country to CA!

Blinkk is a candidate for sainthoodBlinkk is a candidate for sainthoodBlinkk is a candidate for sainthoodBlinkk is a candidate for sainthoodBlinkk is a candidate for sainthoodBlinkk is a candidate for sainthoodBlinkk is a candidate for sainthoodBlinkk is a candidate for sainthood
Think About It - Flight Of The Conchords
Makin' me laugh.

Blinkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:52 AM   #8321
Foley
ever decreasing circles

Foley is a shiny, shiny jewelFoley is a shiny, shiny jewel
laughter, huh, I remember that.

Sigur Rós - Bíum Bíum Bambaló
Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #8322
thebloodfiend
Cory

thebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Taylor Swift's version of Santa Baby. Kill me now.

Eartha Kitt >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Madonna >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Taylor Swift.
thebloodfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #8323
night-flyer
flying about searching for cows

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sweet Child O' Mine- by Guns N' Roses

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

night-flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #8324
WillSauger

The Pull by Now, Now

Great album from this year. In my Top 20.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #8325
Chris P

Teleradio Donoso - Amar en el campo.

No, I don't speak Spanish. Why do you you ask? And FreeMusicArchive.org is a great place to find creative commons tunes online!