Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Sports and Fitness
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 11:16 PM   #276
Bebop
Self-Banned

Bebop has earned our admirationBebop has earned our admirationBebop has earned our admirationBebop has earned our admiration
I'm gutted.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:18 PM   #277
mirandashell
I was only joking! Honest!

mirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm not surprised, drinking whisky with Chinese food!
Old 11-10-2012, 11:36 PM   #278
Bebop
Self-Banned

Bebop has earned our admirationBebop has earned our admirationBebop has earned our admirationBebop has earned our admiration
No, you got it all wrong! The whisky was for after the Chinese food. You have your wine, I have my whisky, Only seems fair. Plus I'll need something to bring me down from such great, euphoric heights.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:37 PM   #279
mirandashell

mirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
OOoh, you old flatterer!
Old 11-10-2012, 11:39 PM   #280
Bebop
Self-Banned

I'm just getting started.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:25 PM   #281
Shadow Dragon
the philosophical pegasus

Shadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebop View Post
Who do the Ravens have this week? Coming up here, they'll have the Steelers, which means the Steelers will have them, two out of three weeks!
Raiders and it's in Baltimore. For the games between the Ravens and Steelers, I'm thinking they split them. Steelers will win in Pittsburgh and the Ravens will win in Baltimore.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:35 PM   #282
Bebop
Self-Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Dragon View Post
Raiders and it's in Baltimore. For the games between the Ravens and Steelers, I'm thinking they split them. Steelers will win in Pittsburgh and the Ravens will win in Baltimore.
I was thinking the same thing. Then I'd say the Steelers have to win all but one of their other games to have a good shot at getting into the playoffs.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:08 PM   #283
thothguard51
A Gentleman of a refined age...

thothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The only good news I can think of today for the Skins is that its a bi week for them... (I know, cruel. But it the truth. They need to get some guys healthy and back on the field.)

Today is a day I will be cheering for the Eagles to turn things around and beat the Dallas Cowgirls. Go Eagles.

There is also the Giants against the Bengals. I am hoping the Bengals wake up and beat the Giants. The NFC East could see a lot of changes today...

Currently working on...

From, The Tales of Netherron,
Book 1, A Game of Pawns
Book 2, Pawn takes Queen,
Book 3, Pawn's Gambit,

In the pipeline,
Children of Netherron, follow up trilogy
Guardians of Netherron, prequel trilogy

http://nickanthony51.wordpress.com (on hiatus)

Nick Anthony
thothguard51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:07 PM   #284
mirandashell

What the heck is going on at the Saints?
Old 11-12-2012, 12:34 AM   #285
Bebop
Self-Banned

I've just been watching. Wow! Good to see them winning. 24 seconds to go, 4th and 1 for the Falcons-- Ohhh dropped ball by tony Gonzales would have given them a first- Saints win it! I'd like to see the Saints make a go of it for a playoff berth

Some shockers today- Now Bills have a shot with the Pats!

OHHHHHH Interception- game over- Pats win!

Last edited by Bebop; 11-12-2012 at 12:44 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:54 AM   #286
mirandashell

But how did they win? Were the Falcons bad?
Old 11-12-2012, 01:03 AM   #287
Bebop
Self-Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirandashell View Post
I only caught the end of the game. Ryan threw for over 400 yds, 3 tds, they're saying a late int lost it for them. Sounds like Saints def played well in the red zone.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:58 AM   #288
Bebop
Self-Banned

Quote:
As for Vick, hmmmm.... I don't know. Yes he is athletic but he won't stay that way for very long if he keeps getting hit like this.
Vick knocked out of the game early.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:04 AM   #289
thothguard51
A Gentleman of a refined age...

thothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Giants lost...I guess they want to keep the NFC east close.

Now if the Eagles can get momentum and beat the Cowgirls, my day will be made. As far as football is concerned...

Currently working on...

From, The Tales of Netherron,
Book 1, A Game of Pawns
Book 2, Pawn takes Queen,
Book 3, Pawn's Gambit,

In the pipeline,
Children of Netherron, follow up trilogy
Guardians of Netherron, prequel trilogy

http://nickanthony51.wordpress.com (on hiatus)

Nick Anthony
thothguard51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:00 AM   #290
Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolness
Quote:
Falcons turned the ball over a few times and the Saints offense is looking like they used to again. They've actually won four of the last five and now have a shot of getting a playoff spot. Not a great shot, but at the rate they're going, it could happen.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:11 AM   #291
Shadow Dragon

This was a bad week for NFC division leaders. Falcons lost to Saints, 49ers tied with Rams, Bears lost to Texans, and the Giants lost to the Bengals.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:28 AM   #292
mirandashell

Oh...my boys. What did you do?

As for our backup QB, I see skill there but he needs more play to get sharp. Some of his decision making was a tad dodgy. And he can pack it in with the lateral passes as well

As for our receivers..... oh dear, oh dear.

But fair play to the Texans, that was great defence.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:48 PM   #293
Bebop
Self-Banned

Well, em, uh, oh hell I don't know. Just when I've come to accept Todd Haley and his new offense- Hey, look, a torrential downpour, I know let's throw the ball all night. Big news last night though, Ben and his sprained right shoulder. We'll see. One up note, Wallace's touchdown catch, I swear he caught that ball with his knees. Leftwich came in- God, he's worrisome. No way we can win with him. He took a helmet to helmet shot on I think the first play but he survived it. Bad, but not as bad as what I saw Jay Cutler take. That ball had left his hands when defender launched into him. Don't these guys know they're cracking down on that kind of thing?
Old 11-13-2012, 09:52 PM   #294
Shadow Dragon

It seems Big Ben might be out for a game or two. Maybe a little longer. I kind of feel bad for the Steelers, this is literally the worst time for him to get injured. Two of the next three against the division leader and main rival, and at least one of them without your starting quarterback.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:06 PM   #295
Bebop
Self-Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Dragon View Post
It seems Big Ben might be out for a game or two. Maybe a little longer. I kind of feel bad for the Steelers, this is literally the worst time for him to get injured. Two of the next three against the division leader and main rival, and at least one of them without your starting quarterback.
Yeah, I haven't read the paper yet this morning. But Ryan Clark went out too. There have been hints that we were getting Polamalu back, it's been hard enough without him. I donno, Leftwich isn't ready for this. Charlie Batch, our 2nd string QB has been out all season, I don't think we have another QB on the roster. Might have to bring one up. It does not look good for the 2012 Steelers. Hockey anyone?
Old 11-13-2012, 11:31 PM   #296
mirandashell

That was an odd game though. Some of those penalties were.... odd. Cussing the ref? Five man dance formation? Eh?

About the celebration... 15 yards is a bit harsh, isn't it?
Old 11-16-2012, 10:23 PM   #297
Bebop
Self-Banned

So Ben's injury is potentially life threatening...

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...injury-662035/

I'll still be in my favorite, football watching chair on Sunday night, enjoying the first match up with our division leaders, The Baltimore Ravens. It would be nice if at least it's not a blow out. Read where Todd Haley will not expect Byron Leftwich to just drop into a Big Ben offense- word is, they will adapt.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...ftwich-662353/
Old 11-16-2012, 10:51 PM   #298
mirandashell

Looks like Cutler is out for Monday.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,7068686.story
Old 11-16-2012, 11:06 PM   #299
Bebop
Self-Banned

But Alex Smith is playing. I was glad to see they fined Dobbins for that hit on Cutler.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:10 PM   #300
Bebop
Self-Banned

Anybody still bet football? I'm wondering what the line is on the Ravens/ Steelers game.