Happy Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Music and Songwriting
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 10:38 PM   #8326
Blinkk
is currently without internet

Blinkk is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBlinkk is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBlinkk is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBlinkk is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBlinkk is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBlinkk is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBlinkk is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBlinkk is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Kite by U2

Blinkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:08 AM   #8327
WillSauger
The Crazy Man in the Sun. Feel me.

WillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Open Your Heart by The Men

Easily one of the best songs of the year. Ex-Dreams is also phenominal from the same album.

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn" -- Alvin Toffler.

"The heights of great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night" -- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
WillSauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:12 AM   #8328
Blinkk

Blinkk is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBlinkk is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBlinkk is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBlinkk is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBlinkk is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBlinkk is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBlinkk is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBlinkk is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Carry on my Wayward Son by Kansas

Old 11-13-2012, 04:01 AM   #8329
Foley
ever decreasing circles

Foley is a shiny, shiny jewelFoley is a shiny, shiny jewel
it's not personal Blinkk, but I came here to log the music I'm listening to as part of my daily regimen of self-flagellation, when I noticed how it was again synchronous with your afternoon's post.

Jack Haley/Ray Bolger - If I Only Had a Brain
Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #8330
WillSauger

WillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Nothing It Can by Helios

Keith Kenniff is spectacular. Foley, you like Sigur Ros, you might like this.

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn" -- Alvin Toffler.

"The heights of great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night" -- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:33 PM   #8331
Chris P
Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred

Chris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Fleetwood Mac - Wish you were here.

Awesome song, love Kristine McVie's voice!

Click here to see a video of my two years in Uganda with the Peace Corps

Resingled Needs another round of betas. Interested?
Nyasaland Undergoing major repairs.
WIP: Cloak of Iron. WWI Sci-fi. It's got tanks. And holograms. 43,000 words.
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:56 PM   #8332
kkbe
Huh.

kkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Lovely Rita - The Beatles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_AQZf-Q6XM&feature=related
/my little blog/

kkbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:05 PM   #8333
WillSauger

The Pimp and the Priest by The Dear Hunter, live acoustic from Vinyl Sessions

Old 11-14-2012, 04:40 AM   #8334
Foley
ever decreasing circles

Not sure if I've posted any Recoil before - Alan Wilder ex. Depeche Mode, too many words for writing, but I'm on a break [I'M ALLOWED BREAKS, RIGHT!! SHEESH]:

Recoil - Luscious apparatus
Old 11-14-2012, 05:19 PM   #8335
WillSauger

Pig by DMB

Old 11-14-2012, 10:04 PM   #8336
Blinkk

Map of the Problematic - Muse

Old 11-15-2012, 01:27 AM   #8337
DarkSongofErrin
practical experience, FTW

DarkSongofErrin is on a distinguished road
San Quentin - Johnny Cash
Old 11-15-2012, 01:31 AM   #8338
WillSauger

Monday Morning by Morning Parade

Meh. A low meh (that's a scientific music rating figure people!) This album doesn't really thresh any emotion, nor does it entertain much. Right now, it's just noise.

Old 11-15-2012, 02:00 AM   #8339
Foley
ever decreasing circles

woops, scratch all of that, Derbys. was not this: heh! Time for a nap, fole.

Chromabox - Little Ants

Last edited by Foley; 11-15-2012 at 02:14 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:35 AM   #8340
LJ Hall
For I am a Rain Dog too

LJ Hall has a spectacular aura
Dear God, I Hate Myself by Xiu Xiu

It's actually quite soothing.
LJ Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #8341
WillSauger

Building Steam with a Grain of Salt by DJ Shadow

On of the greatest albums to rear up. One of the greatest hip hop/instrumental albums ever.

Too bad he could never hit this hard ever since.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:52 PM   #8342
WillSauger

This hasn't been bumped in forever!

3055 by Ólafur Arnalds

Absolutely phenomenal composer/producer.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:29 AM   #8343
kkbe
Huh.

kkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Nazareth - Son of a

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyXz6eMCj2k
/my little blog/

Old 11-16-2012, 02:21 AM   #8344
Foley
ever decreasing circles

kk-bee buzzes.

Here I've just passed NaNo halfway, so it's time for a little Motör:

OVERKILL!
Old 11-16-2012, 02:38 AM   #8345
kkbe
Huh.

Perfect, Foley, how did you know?
/my little blog/

Old 11-16-2012, 07:39 AM   #8346
folkchick
Not a new kid

folkchick has a golden reputationfolkchick has a golden reputationfolkchick has a golden reputationfolkchick has a golden reputationfolkchick has a golden reputationfolkchick has a golden reputation
Quote:
Fleetwood Mac - Wish you were here.

Awesome song, love Kristine McVie's voice!
Me too : ) Love her.

For me tonight . . . Neil Young: On the Beach—whole album

blog & twitter

folkchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:41 AM   #8347
WillSauger

Spiritual by Johnny Cash

Old 11-16-2012, 08:55 AM   #8348
strawberryblondie
not quite dying

strawberryblondie is a splendid one to beholdstrawberryblondie is a splendid one to beholdstrawberryblondie is a splendid one to behold
"Gingerbread Coffin" - Rasputina
strawberryblondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #8349
thebloodfiend
Cory

thebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The Black Eyed Peas suck so much.

And I don't claim to have the best taste in music. I mean, I listen to a lot of Rhianna for chrissake. But this:

My Humps. The Time (Dirty Bit). Imma Be.

Seriously. Horrible. Almost as bad as that horrible fluff of a song *cringes* Call Me Maybe.

My Humps. Who the fucking hell thought that was a good idea?

Oh, yeah. People actually liked Milkshake and Laffy Taffy. Those people.

I just finished listening to those three songs and I'll say this -- I'm so glad their contemporaries -- The Roots and Outkast -- did not follow that path. The Fugees were close, but Lauren broke off from the disaster that would become Wyclef and The Refugee Allstars.
thebloodfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:47 AM   #8350
TheKoB
Smooth Operator

TheKoB is on a distinguished road
Roots Manuva - Witness the Fitness
...to satisfy your need for a juicy beat.
TheKoB is offline   Reply With Quote