Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Sports and Fitness
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 11:11 PM   #301
mirandashell
I was only joking! Honest!

mirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebop View Post
But Alex Smith is playing. I was glad to see they fined Dobbins for that hit on Cutler.
I think they should have put him out of the game. It's not like the fine will make him poor!
Old 11-16-2012, 11:14 PM   #302
Bebop
Self-Banned

Bebop has earned our admirationBebop has earned our admirationBebop has earned our admirationBebop has earned our admiration
Yeah, that was late, it was helmet to helmet, and it was on a QB who'd already released the ball.

To try to see it from Dobbins view. He was unsure whether Cutler would throw the ball or keep it, so he was primed to launch into him.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:15 PM   #303
mirandashell

mirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Pffft.......
Old 11-16-2012, 11:16 PM   #304
Bebop
Self-Banned

Bebop has earned our admirationBebop has earned our admirationBebop has earned our admirationBebop has earned our admiration
There you go, got me laughin' again when I'm trying to fight off happiness.

You're a tough cookie, Miranda.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:18 PM   #305
mirandashell

Well you didn't really expect me to agree with that, did you?
Old 11-16-2012, 11:19 PM   #306
Bebop
Self-Banned

No, I guess not. But I'm such an empathetic soul.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:26 PM   #307
Shadow Dragon
the philosophical pegasus

Shadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolness
Before the games start, I want to call one upset I think will happen. The Browns will beat the Cowboys. Romo has played horribly at home, and a good run game, that the Browns have thanks to Richardson, can quiet the home crowd.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:42 PM   #308
Bebop
Self-Banned

Wouldn't be surprised. I've got Browns/Cowboys or Packers/Lions this morning. My second game is Broncos/Chargers. Looking forward to the Ravens/Steelers tonight. I'm masochistic like that. Really though, just hoping for a competitive game. Might turn out to be too much to ask.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:57 PM   #309
Bebop
Self-Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Dragon View Post
Before the games start, I want to call one upset I think will happen. The Browns will beat the Cowboys. Romo has played horribly at home, and a good run game, that the Browns have thanks to Richardson, can quiet the home crowd.
For the sake of sport, I'll take the Cowboys, even though the Browns are threatening as I type. I'll take the Packers and I'll take the Broncos. And I'll take the Steelers...

... with the point spread! Seriously, have no idea what the spread is, but in Balto it will be more than in Pgh. Do you know?
Old 11-18-2012, 10:01 PM   #310
Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolness
I just looked it up. Point spread is 3.5. And yeah, I'm going with the Broncos and Packers winning their games as well.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:07 PM   #311
Bebop
Self-Banned

Quote:
I just looked it up. Point spread is 3.5. And yeah, I'm going with the Broncos and Packers winning their games as well.
Yeah, 3.5 is not nearly enough. Especially in light of what you birds did to the Raiders last week. Ravens 4-0 against Steelers when Ben's not playing, it could be ugly. Let's just hope the Steelers can stay in the game. Right?
Old 11-18-2012, 10:10 PM   #312
Shadow Dragon

I think it depends on the Steelers offensive line. Leftwich has a slow release, which means Suggs will have time to get to him. If they can keep him upright, the Steelers offense has the chance to keep them in it.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:13 PM   #313
Bebop
Self-Banned

Right? No, just laughing. Gonna check in on the games, and on breakfast. Enjoy the games.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:16 PM   #314
thothguard51
A Gentleman of a refined age...

thothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The Skin's are playing a rookie QB in his first start, but they do not have a good record against rookie QB's going all the way back to 1950.

So far though, the skins defense looks like its stepped up, with two INTs...

And I is rooting for the Browns today as well...

Currently working on...

From, The Tales of Netherron,
Book 1, A Game of Pawns
Book 2, Pawn takes Queen,
Book 3, Pawn's Gambit,

In the pipeline,
Children of Netherron, follow up trilogy
Guardians of Netherron, prequel trilogy

http://nickanthony51.wordpress.com (on hiatus)

Nick Anthony
thothguard51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:02 PM   #315
Bebop
Self-Banned

Quote:
I think it depends on the Steelers offensive line. Leftwich has a slow release, which means Suggs will have time to get to him. If they can keep him upright, the Steelers offense has the chance to keep them in it.
Leftwich looks like he's throwing a javelin back there. He does not inspire confidence. And he's not very mobile. Yes, our OL needs to show up in a big way today. Haley turned Ben's game into a lot of quick, short passes in an attempt to keep Ben healthy this season. That didn't work out very well. Supposedly Steelers will run a different kind of offense to adapt to Leftwich. Not exactly sure what that will look like, but you'd think with his vulnerability it will include trying to give him some time back there. We'll see. On the other side of the ball, we will have to give Flacco some fits if we're to have any chance of keeping the game close.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:06 PM   #316
thothguard51

thothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I like both the Raven's and Steeler's so its a toss up on who I am rooting for though I tend to root for the Ravens a little bit more since they are just up the road from DC...

Currently working on...

Book 1, A Game of Pawns
Book 3, Pawn's Gambit,

In the pipeline,

Nick Anthony
Old 11-18-2012, 11:16 PM   #317
Bebop
Self-Banned

Just to add a thought- For me, all 16 games are just about getting into the playoffs. If you get into the playoffs, you've had a successful season, even if you get eliminated in the first game. I think Ben's injury could damn near be a season ender, for him and for the team. He is one of the two most important guys on the team. The other is Polamalu and we haven't had him for weeks. We might get both back before the end of the season. We might get neither. Troy's injury is a pulled calf muscle. I've never had one, but as minor as that sounds, I've heard that they just don't heal.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:41 PM   #318
Shadow Dragon

Wow. The Cardinals actually showed up for this game and are threatening to upset the Falcons. If the Falcons lose and the Bucs win, there'll only be a two game difference between them in that division.

And the Jags are beating the Texans. The Texans, while favored to win the division, aren't guaranteed it. They lose and the Colts win, there'll only be a one game difference.

Last edited by Shadow Dragon; 11-18-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Shadow Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:48 PM   #319
thothguard51

The Colts win against the Patriots?

I don't think so even though LUCK is having a good rookie season, better than RGIII in many aspects.

Currently working on...

Book 1, A Game of Pawns
Book 3, Pawn's Gambit,

In the pipeline,

Nick Anthony
Old 11-19-2012, 02:00 AM   #320
Shadow Dragon

Three teams blew double digit leads. Sadly, the Browns were among them, so I got that pick wrong. Still, the Cowboys struggling at home against the Browns, isn't a good sign.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:01 AM   #321
mirandashell

I see the Lions let me down again......
Old 11-19-2012, 02:44 AM   #322
thothguard51

Quote:
Three teams blew double digit leads. Sadly, the Browns were among them, so I got that pick wrong. Still, the Cowboys struggling at home against the Browns, isn't a good sign.
Good for the Redskins though. Should be an interesting Thanksgiving in my household as my son and his family are big time Cowgirl fans...

Currently working on...

Book 1, A Game of Pawns
Book 3, Pawn's Gambit,

In the pipeline,

Nick Anthony
Old 11-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #323
Shadow Dragon

Ravens won, no thanks to their offense. If Steelers want to win the division, they have to win in Baltimore now, where the Ravens have won 15 straight. I think they're stuck with a wildcard spot.

And, it was great seeing the Ravens defense step up and actually play like the Ravens defense again.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:19 PM   #324
Bebop
Self-Banned

Turns out that 3.5 would have been enough, just enough. My thoughts on the game from the Steeler perspective: Defense was damn near immaculate. Why oh why we have abandoned our run game the past two weeks I just can't figure, especially yesterday when we had a sub QB who on top of everything else, seemed to be in pain. It's true the Ravens defense looked good last night. I had no idea that they had fallen so far in the rankings, but a run game has to be established. Gotta pound it in there till it softens up. No word on what was ailing BL, even in this morning's Pgh paper, but he sure missed some open receivers, mostly by underthrowing them.

Shadow Dragon, I think you're being a little too kind and optimistic re Pgh's chances at a post season appearance. I said it yesterday and I'll say it again: I just don't think we can win with BL. Now if they throw Charlie Batch in there, maybe. Haven't seen him in quite some time, so have no idea what is his state, above or below the shoulders, but if it were me, I'd give him a chance. At least Batch is a little more dependable. BL is the kind of QB that is a disaster just waiting to happen.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:46 PM   #325
Shadow Dragon

The Steelers are a bit lucky in that, among AFC teams, them and the Colts are the only teams, besides division leaders, with a winning record. The next best team is the Bengals at 5-5. The Bengals are a threat to do it, but only if they can beat either the Ravens or Steelers at the end of the year, something they normally have a lot of trouble doing.