Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Sports and Fitness
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 02:18 AM   #326
Bebop
Self-Banned

Bebop has earned our admirationBebop has earned our admirationBebop has earned our admirationBebop has earned our admiration
Hey, you never know.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:46 PM   #327
Shadow Dragon
the philosophical pegasus

Shadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolness
And with that bad loss, the Bears no longer control the division. You can bet that plenty of teams will be trying to trade for Kaepernick after the season is over. That's assuming he doesn't end up as the 49ers starting quarterback by the time of the playoffs.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #328
Bebop
Self-Banned

Bebop has earned our admirationBebop has earned our admirationBebop has earned our admirationBebop has earned our admiration
This guy's unbelievable. I don't follow college so he's news to me. He's got it all on the field, and off the field, during the post game interview he seems to have it all in the right perspective. Yeah, I like Alex Smith but I hear you- I just don't know...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2162664.html
Old 11-20-2012, 11:03 PM   #329
mirandashell
I was only joking! Honest!

mirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sigh........

I'm embarrassed to show my face in here.

What the feck was that? What the feck is wrong with our O line? Two don't deserve to be in the team after that performance. How the feck can you be pushed over again and again by a man half your size?

I felt so sorry for Campbell. He didn't get a chance. He's not good anyway but give the kid a break, boys!

And what happened to the defence? They were all ends up in the 2nd quarter. Like they left their brains in the locker room.

God, I'm so fed up I could be a Raiders fan.......
Old 11-20-2012, 11:44 PM   #330
Bebop
Self-Banned

Nah, don't be. You weren't calling the offensive plays, were you? I'll tell you though, SF will be a force to be reckoned with in the post season. This new QB they have is the real deal. I have a hunch he will get the nod as starter. And don't feel too bad, 'cause SF would have beaten a whole lotta teams last night. I don't see it so much as what the Bears did wrong as what SF did right. I look for them to go deep into the playoffs.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:53 PM   #331
mirandashell

mirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yeah, I guess you're right. That just wasn't the Bears I've got used to this year. And the memories of last year are haunting me. I just hope Cutler is back next week.

And yeah, I bet Alex Smith is lying awake at night.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:57 PM   #332
Bebop
Self-Banned

Nobody expected that. His first start?! Not your everyday debut. Trust me when i tell you this guy has phenomenon written all over him. As far as the Bears OL, the Niners DL is so good at going around those big beefy types. Speed beats brawn.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:57 AM   #333
Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolness
It was a combination of good passrushers with bad offensive line play. The problem is, the Bears will face a handful of other teams that are good at getting to the quarterback (2 games against Minnesota, Seattle, and Arizona). I think they're record is too good right now not to make the playoffs as a wildcard (or maybe division winner if they beat the Packers) but there's also the chance for a really bad losing streak. Combined with the Bucs and Saints trying to make it run, the pressure is on.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:17 AM   #334
Bebop
Self-Banned

Gonna step away from the keyboard for a few days guys. Got pressing issues. Please carry on without me. Thanks for all the input, and Shadow Dragon, can't tell you how impressed I am with your football IQ. Much higher than mine is. Thanks!
Old 11-21-2012, 02:14 AM   #335
Shadow Dragon

Alright. Later Bebop.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:43 AM   #336
mirandashell

See you later Bebop. Good luck with what ever the issues are.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:37 AM   #337
Shadow Dragon

With that win, RG3 puts the Redskins in a position to win the division. All they need is for the Giants to lose to the Packers (which isn't just possible but probably) and then the Redskins and Giants will face each other for control of the division next week.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:04 PM   #338
mirandashell

Who won last night's game?
Old 11-23-2012, 11:24 PM   #339
Shadow Dragon

Patriots won, 49 to 19.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:08 AM   #340
robeiae
AW's Foremost Intellectual (AWFI)

robeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirandashell View Post
Who won last night's game?
Not Mark Sanchez...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbuwVWY_JZQ

Learning to run, T'ai Chi style--blogging about running and Eastern philosophy
Ponds of Happenstance--blogging about politics, economics, and history
Sailor on the Ponds--tweeting about everything

The Internet doesn't serve enough crow

Breathing during a run: find your center and run from within
More on the Altra Zero Drop shoe
robeiae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:27 AM   #341
mirandashell

Thanks Shadow.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:31 AM   #342
mirandashell

Quote:
Not Mark Sanchez...

Old 11-25-2012, 08:21 PM   #343
thothguard51
A Gentleman of a refined age...

thothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Dragon View Post
With that win, RG3 puts the Redskins in a position to win the division. All they need is for the Giants to lose to the Packers (which isn't just possible but probably) and then the Redskins and Giants will face each other for control of the division next week.
Hurray for the Redskins, its the first time they won a Turkey Day game against the Cowboys since 1973? The Cowboys still own the record and Romo has never lost a Thanksgiving day. Well, there is a new Sheriff in town boys... I remember a lot of those games from the 70's and 80's that made the Cowboys and Redskins a Thanksgiving tradition. Nice to seem it has resumed...

I will be rooting for the Packers tonight. The Skins need the Giants to fall another notch. Manning has not been on fire the past four games and the Packer defense is a top five and know how to get to the Quarterback. I read on line that they are blaming Manning's poor showing on a tired arm.

I can only hope Manning's arm falls asleep when he meets the Redskin's next Monday night. Mean while, the skins will have 10 days to rest up and prepare. The Giants won the first game, 27-24, so its not like they whipped up on the Skins. It was a close game and neither team looked on fire at the time. There is also the fact that the Giants lost both games to the Redskins last year and we knew they would come in that first game wanting revenge. They got it and now its the Redskins who have something to play for that means something.

Now that Garcon is back, and Moss and Robinson are on fire, RGIII now has the receivers he needs. Couple that with Morris and his running ability to eat up the clock and the Redskins should be able to walk away with another win. It's been a long time since we had 3 in a row. I think the last time was the first year under Jim Zorn when we won 5 or 6 at the beginning of the season and then went into a slide...

Currently working on...

From, The Tales of Netherron,
Book 1, A Game of Pawns
Book 2, Pawn takes Queen,
Book 3, Pawn's Gambit,

In the pipeline,
Children of Netherron, follow up trilogy
Guardians of Netherron, prequel trilogy

http://nickanthony51.wordpress.com (on hiatus)

Nick Anthony
thothguard51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:43 PM   #344
Shadow Dragon

Wow, this is definitely the first time I'm seen this happen. The Vikings vs Bears game was really one sided going into halftime, so my fox network, during halftime, decided to switch to another game, specifically the Bucs vs Falcons.

You know you're day isn't going well when you play so badly that the network decides to take you off the air.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:38 AM   #345
Shadow Dragon

Hell of a win by the Ravens. Did nothing through the first three quarters and then suddenly play great during the fourth and overtime.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:40 AM   #346
Bebop
Self-Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebop View Post
Now if they throw Charlie Batch in there, maybe. Haven't seen him in quite some time, if it were me, I'd give him a chance. At least Batch is a little more dependable...
Old 11-29-2012, 04:02 AM   #347
thothguard51

thothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Wow...Manning sure did not look like he had a tired arm against the Packers and I kept wondering, where in the hell is the packers Defense?

I think the Skins will have their hands full come Monday Night. Hopefully we can run the ball, pass and catch the ball, and keep RGIII safe...

Currently working on...

Book 1, A Game of Pawns
Book 3, Pawn's Gambit,

In the pipeline,

Nick Anthony
Old 11-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #348
mirandashell

Yeah.... what the hell did happen to the Packers? Wasn't expecting that at all.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:07 PM   #349
Ken
and friends . . .

Ken is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
... good luck to all of your teams. Hope they make a good showing this season. Let the best team win.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:49 PM   #350
thothguard51

Sometimes, the team that wins is not always the best team...

Currently working on...

Book 1, A Game of Pawns
Book 3, Pawn's Gambit,

In the pipeline,

Nick Anthony