Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 08:53 PM   #9701
Shadow_Ferret
Ferret Untombed

Shadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
You actually want fake honey? That's sick, Ferret. All you have do is warm up your old honey. Stuff lasts forever.
Of course it lasts forever. It's bee vomit.

And is still like to know what the fake stuff is. Better living through chemistry.

Like Twinkies.

I love words but I dont like strange ones. You dont understand them and they dont understand you. Old words is like old friends, you know em the minute you see em. -- Will Rogers

"Blame it on my ADD, baby." -- AWOLNATION
Old 11-19-2012, 09:34 PM   #9702
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_Ferret View Post

Quote:
And is still like to know what the fake stuff is. Better living through chemistry.

Like Twinkies.
I'm SRSLY thinking about writing up a blog post about it. If I do I'll post all the details I can find out and I'll let you know. In the meantime, cogitate on this.

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

Old 11-19-2012, 11:13 PM   #9703
Shadow_Ferret
Ferret Untombed

Shadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
What about the generic bear bottles? I can't say I've ever even seen Winnie the Pooh the pooh?

And I've always thought the honey in those little restaurant tubs tasted odd.

I love words but I dont like strange ones. You dont understand them and they dont understand you. Old words is like old friends, you know em the minute you see em. -- Will Rogers

Old 11-19-2012, 11:37 PM   #9704
Chase
Can I hear you now?

Chase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

Ha ha ha, the bee vomit is stark but true. According to the Oregon apiarists association, you can almost be sure of fake honey if the label says "a product of China."

They say Asian chemists are good at overcoming the previous ban of fake honey by engineering another to pass the current tests.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:06 AM   #9705
JoeBear
Thick-skinned, but I shoot back.

JoeBear is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoeBear is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoeBear is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoeBear is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoeBear is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoeBear is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoeBear is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoeBear is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoeBear is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoeBear is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoeBear is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
What about the generic bear bottles?
On those bear bottles, it's not real honey unless it says, "Inspected by Joe Bear" on the label.

Sami has a "Winnie the Pooh" toy in her crib, and every time I get her out of bed in the morning or after her nap, it occurs to my how appropriate that toy is.

Also available at Barnes & Noble.

To truly know someone else, one must read between the lines. JoeBear
Old 11-20-2012, 01:57 AM   #9706
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Have we outlived new twinkies ... I mean I know we can't outlive the ones already sitting around somewhere ... but are they going to stop making new ones?

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo
The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it - Porter Starr Byrd
Yield to temptation, it may never come again - unknown
Old 11-20-2012, 02:20 AM   #9707
JoeBear

JoeBear is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoeBear is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoeBear is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoeBear is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoeBear is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoeBear is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoeBear is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoeBear is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoeBear is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoeBear is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoeBear is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterStarrByrd View Post
Have we outlived new twinkies ... I mean I know we can't outlive the ones already sitting around somewhere ... but are they going to stop making new ones?
Twinkies fans should be okay; they will always be displayed along with other antiquities from Egyptian dig sites, Stonehenge, Moundville, AL, Mayan pyramids, etc.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:09 AM   #9708
Shadow_Ferret
Ferret Untombed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterStarrByrd View Post
Bite your tongue! Someone has to buy the rights to make them! Someone has to keep producing them! I can't live in a world without Twinkies!

Old 11-20-2012, 09:49 AM   #9709
SRHowen
Erotica is not a four letter word!

SRHowen has a double-platinum reputationSRHowen has a double-platinum reputationSRHowen has a double-platinum reputationSRHowen has a double-platinum reputationSRHowen has a double-platinum reputationSRHowen has a double-platinum reputationSRHowen has a double-platinum reputation

Ingredients

This recipe yields 12 full-sized Twinkies, or 24 minis.

Cake:
16-ounce box golden pound cake mix
4 egg whites, beaten until stiff
2/3 cup (160mL) water

Filling:
1/4 cup (57g) non-hydrogenated shortening or coconut oil
1/4 cup (57g) margarine
1 cup (125g) powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract

The Rest:
Twinkie Molds (aluminum foil will do in a pinch)
Non-stick cooking spray
Old 11-20-2012, 06:24 PM   #9710
Shadow_Ferret
Ferret Untombed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRHowen View Post

Ingredients

This recipe yields 12 full-sized Twinkies, or 24 minis.

Cake:
16-ounce box golden pound cake mix
4 egg whites, beaten until stiff
2/3 cup (160mL) water

Filling:
1/4 cup (57g) non-hydrogenated shortening or coconut oil
1/4 cup (57g) margarine
1 cup (125g) powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract

The Rest:
Twinkie Molds (aluminum foil will do in a pinch)
Non-stick cooking spray
No. No. No. Those aren't Twinkies. They won't taste the same. Won't have the same sticky gooey texture. Even the other packaged angel food cake imitations dont taste like Twinkies. ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #9711
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
No. No. No. Those aren't Twinkies. They won't taste the same. Won't have the same sticky gooey texture. Even the other packaged angel food cake imitations dont taste like Twinkies. ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES.
No. Those would actually taste good. You need that imitation crapola coursing through your little ferret veins, don't you?

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 11-20-2012, 06:55 PM   #9712
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Crap is never artificial ...

The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it - Porter Starr Byrd
Old 11-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #9713
Shadow_Ferret
Ferret Untombed

Quote:
No. Those would actually taste good. You need that imitation crapola coursing through your little ferret veins, don't you?
Blasphemer!

I won't settle for good. Twinkies are EXCELLENT and can't be made at home. Angel food is just angel food, but a Twinkie is filled with warm childhood memories.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:02 PM   #9714
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

yes

Old 11-20-2012, 07:35 PM   #9715
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:
Blasphemer!

I won't settle for good. Twinkies are EXCELLENT and can't be made at home. Angel food is just angel food, but a Twinkie is filled with warm childhood memories.
Warm childhood memories? Well, they've probably been on the store's shelf since your childhood.

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 11-20-2012, 08:14 PM   #9716
Shadow_Ferret
Ferret Untombed

Wow. I hope I don't lose touch with my childhood and become so cynical when I reach your advanced age, Haggis.

:p

Old 11-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #9717
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

haggis has no memory ... but he makes up some nice ones

Old 11-20-2012, 08:47 PM   #9718
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:
Wow. I hope I don't lose touch with my childhood and become so cynical when I reach your advanced age, Haggis.

:p
Warm childhood memories? Those were Hostess cupcakes, my friend. Not Twinkies.

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 11-20-2012, 09:54 PM   #9719
JoeBear

Quote:
Warm childhood memories? Those were Hostess cupcakes, my friend. Not Twinkies.
All we had was grits with molasses dribbled over them.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:29 PM   #9720
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBear View Post
You had molasses? All we got were some rocks.

And dirt.

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 11-20-2012, 11:01 PM   #9721
Michael Myers
Oh, puh-leeze.

Michael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
On the farm, the standard treat after chores was a casserole of egg noodles, diced pork, and sweet corn cut off the cob. Peas out of the garden when in season; diced potatoes. All smothered in canned mushroom soup and slow cooked in the oven.

It always comes down to trust.
But trust doesn't live forever.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:43 AM   #9722
Lavern08
When All Else Fails, Lavern It

Lavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

You rang?

Kylabelle:
Laverning is how I get through the long days... (Don't ask about the long nights, just don't)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiddlywinks View Post

Whoo-hoo! I got Laverned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailD View Post
You haven't lived 'til you've been Laverned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
We've all been Laverned and we love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Rob View Post
Okay! I confess! I was Laverned in the library with the lead pipe!
Old 11-21-2012, 03:55 AM   #9723
JoeBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Myers View Post
On the farm, the standard treat after chores was a casserole of egg noodles, diced pork, and sweet corn cut off the cob. Peas out of the garden when in season; diced potatoes. All smothered in canned mushroom soup and slow cooked in the oven.
Our big dinners were always fried chicken. Of course, I grew up on a chicken farm, tens of thousands of them every nine weeks. I don't eat chicken much anymore, except sometimes from KFC with fake honey.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:04 AM   #9724
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:
Our big dinners were always fried chicken. Of course, I grew up on a chicken farm, tens of thousands of them every nine weeks. I don't eat chicken much anymore, except sometimes from KFC with fake honey.

Back when I was finishing school in Buffalo, I bartended to pay the bills. The bars there used to serve a sandwich (still do I understand) that consisted of a hand carved roast beef, sliced from a steamship round, and served on a special roll called kummelweck. Kummelweck is kind of like a kaiser roll, but made with kummel (a german caraway seed based liquor with an umlaut [the word "kummel" not the liquor itself]) and topped with kosher salt (the roll, not the liquor). We served it with horseradish and a dill pickle on the side. The bartenders carved the beef. I got so I could cut it so thin you could almost see through it.

Every Friday about a minute before midnight, the Catholics flocked to the bar. I always started slicing ahead.

Eventually I got so sick of roast beef I couldn't eat it for a couple of years after I finally left that job. I'm better now.

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 11-21-2012, 06:24 AM   #9725
Ol' Fashioned Girl
Irish to my roots & an
AW Moderator

Ol' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Whew! What a day! This gettin' older is haaaaaaard work. I'm gonna slip into the corner over here where it's quiet and see if I can take a nap...

Click us... come on! Click us. You want to. You know you do.
Closed Thread