Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Horror
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 06:36 PM   #15751
soapdish
writing

soapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Agreed.

Morning, Dan. Two days in a row you're here? It's amazing.

Well, I'm off to take ready the little soaps for school.

Be back later. Maybe.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:33 PM   #15752
andreea
Yeeeesss??

andreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdish View Post
You pour it in a glass?

Do you mean how do you make it? Or how do you serve it?
I have no idea how you make it. I just get it from the store.

How you serve it...
I put it in coffee. Or put 7Up in it sometimes. You can use it as a mixer, too. Whiskey is good in it. Um... I can't think of anything else. Normally, though, you just have it plain. Like milk. But it's pretty rich. Really only all I can tolerate is about a splash. My stomach does flip flops with more than that.
I was hoping someone would have a recipe for eggnog. We don't have it here so I cannot follow your 'example' and buy it from the store...

Nonsense can be found here.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:50 PM   #15753
TedTheewen
President of the Cray Fan Club

Location: In the Land of Make Believe, where unicorns play and women are attracted to me.
TedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I face yet another full day in a bad place. Oh well, at least I'm not a Chicago Bear Offensive Lineman--those guys are really bad.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:24 PM   #15754
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Location: A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible things lurk just beneath the surface of reality
FOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ya' know... alligator's pretty tasty too - and the best meat comes from the tail...

Dragons are somewhat related to alligators.

Just sayin'...
Old 11-20-2012, 10:29 PM   #15755
TedTheewen

Location: In the Land of Make Believe, where unicorns play and women are attracted to me.
TedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I need a new computer. This thing has gotten so slow and every anti-bot/clean-up program I run doesn't help.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:54 PM   #15756
soapdish
writing

soapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedTheewen View Post
I need a new computer. This thing has gotten so slow and every anti-bot/clean-up program I run doesn't help.
Back up your files. Wipe. Reformat. That's the only thing that works for me.

If you can't afford to upgrade to a newer operating system even reinstalling your old one could help.

Memory sticks are reasonably priced, too, I think. You know, little boosters to help the thing run faster.

Some options instead of getting an entirely new computer.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:59 PM   #15757
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

LaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
My desktop is a 2003.

It crawls through the internet. I only use for work though, so it's not really that big of a deal. For any actual internetting I use my laptop.

You might be able to find a good deal this weekend, Ted. Amazon, BestBuy, and Office Depot have all hit my inbox this week with sale emails. I haven't looked at them, so I can't say what exactly is on sale though.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:24 PM   #15758
AbielleRose
Crazy Cat Lady

AbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hope you can figure something out, Ted. I got mine off QVC so I could pay for it on a monthly payment plan. It worked for me at the time.

Stained Glass in the Night Blog / Twitter

Among the Stars in Sci Fi/Fantasy SYW
Old 11-21-2012, 02:11 AM   #15759
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Location: A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible things lurk just beneath the surface of reality
FOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
<serves up round of eggnog "additive" for all the Hounds>

Technically, you pour the eggnog in one glass, the additive in another, set the one with the eggnog aside, and actually drink the other.

Old 11-21-2012, 02:15 AM   #15760
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

I need to add a 4GB memory stick (I have 2 plus a 2 GB and will have another 8, 16, or 32 this weekend - I have around a terabyte of storage space available as well and might pick up a 1 or 2 TB portable drive this weekend) to my desktop at work and let the desktop use it as virtual memory. I keep forgetting you can do that.

They gave me administrator privileges on my computer at work too so I now have GIMP on that machine as well (and will soon have Dragon Naturally speaking as soon as I can find the disk for it).

My boss's goal, which he informed me about today, is for me to have all the time studies and setup forms for Tge machine shop updated in 5-6 weeks. Oh, joy.

Old 11-21-2012, 05:56 AM   #15761
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOTSGreg View Post
Ya' know... alligator's pretty tasty too - and the best meat comes from the tail...

Dragons are somewhat related to alligators.

Just sayin'...
We're eating Night's tail?

I get busy for a few days and this is what happens??

Sheesh.

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 11-21-2012, 05:58 AM   #15762
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I think my parents are going to be in a similar boat. I gave them my old iBook when I upgraded (Dad doesn't need anything faster or fancier, and by the time he needs to upgrade, so will I - so he'll get this one), and while it was running fine, my niece's stellar POS of a live-in baby daddy spilled an ice tea all over it.

I am taking it to the Mac store in Pittsburgh tomorrow, largely for the formality of having it declared DOA.

... And as an excuse to hit what has been promised to be a very awesome tea shop.

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 11-21-2012, 08:07 AM   #15763
TedTheewen

You know, I've had Microsoft send me 3 updates in 72 hours. I loaded all of them. After the last one, I rebooted and ran a bot killer, which came back clean. Now it's running okay. I still have no idea what program is constantly loading stuff. I've run all the cleaning/anti-bot apps I can find.

If I can get a boot disk, I'll be doing Soapy's option because it basically all I can afford right now. I can't wait until I win the lottery.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:42 AM   #15764
night-flyer
flying around in the pumpkin patch

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Someone is eating my tail? You could've at least tapped me on the shoulder first or something...sheesh.

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:01 AM   #15765
ASC McLaren
Intended for mature audiences

ASC McLaren is a glorious beacon of lightASC McLaren is a glorious beacon of lightASC McLaren is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
We're eating Night's tail?

Hehehehehehe
Old 11-21-2012, 10:08 AM   #15766
TedTheewen

Quote:
Originally Posted by night-flyer View Post
Someone is eating my tail? You could've at least tapped me on the shoulder first or something...sheesh.

Dragon tails are edible? This changes everything!

Old 11-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #15767
night-flyer

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
This changes nothing. Put that knife away, Ted.

Quote:
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #15768
ASC McLaren
Intended for mature audiences

ASC McLaren is a glorious beacon of lightASC McLaren is a glorious beacon of lightASC McLaren is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Want to say soooooooo much, but fears you all will think less of me.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #15769
night-flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASC McLaren View Post
Want to say soooooooo much, but fears you all will think less of me.
Yes, we all will. Be quiet, ASC.

Quote:

Old 11-21-2012, 10:32 AM   #15770
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

CDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I liked the turkeydragon
Old 11-21-2012, 10:34 AM   #15771
night-flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDaniel View Post
I liked the turkeydragon

Dan...

good to have you back.

Quote:

Old 11-21-2012, 10:35 AM   #15772
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

CDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Night!

Whatcha ya doing here this late?
Old 11-21-2012, 10:38 AM   #15773
TedTheewen

*pets Night's tail*

Old 11-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #15774
night-flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDaniel View Post
Night!

Whatcha ya doing here this late?
I'm always up late, cowboy. But I'll probably be heading out soon. I have a long day tomorrow.

Quote:
*pets Night's tail*
*bites off a couple of Ted's fingers*

you should never touch the tail of someone who is almost out of coffee...

Quote:

Old 11-21-2012, 10:59 AM   #15775
TedTheewen

Quote:

*bites off a couple of Ted's fingers*

you should never touch the tail of someone who is almost out of coffee...
*pets Night's tail with bloody stumps*

Closed Thread