Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > AW History; Questions and Discussion > Remembrances
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 10:16 PM   #1
Siri Kirpal
Swan in Process

Siri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
RIP Ravi Shankar

Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Just to let you know that Ravi Shankar, the great exponent of Indian music, died on December 11 at the age of 92.

I remember attending one of his concerts in my first year at UCSC back in the very early 1970s. Wonderful cascades of sound!

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal
Old 12-12-2012, 10:19 PM   #2
Mclesh
It's too hot

Mclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I just read about his passing. Very sad. He brought Indian music to us here in the west. Really an amazing musician. I especially love his influence on George Harrison.

Facebook Twitter Website

Check out Grandma Susie's book of love poems on Createspace!

Mr. Katz is a Zombie is now available! Eeep!
Mclesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
Whistle_White
Young folk

Whistle_White is on a distinguished road
Found out yesterday - sad to say I only got into his music a few years ago, after George Harrison's passing. His piece in the Concert for George was fantastic, and I'll be listening to it for a few days to come.

Excellent musician, at least we still have his two talented daughters.
Whistle_White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #4
shakeysix
blue eyed floozy

shakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Bruno, a college classmate from Kerola state in India, had all of us hooked on Ravi Shankar's music. This was in 1970. I remember that Bruno's father in India used to make him play his sitar in the garden because he could not stand his playing. --s6
shakeysix is offline   Reply With Quote