Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Games
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 12:37 AM   #1
lilyWhite
The Sinistral of Squee

lilyWhite has a golden reputationlilyWhite has a golden reputationlilyWhite has a golden reputationlilyWhite has a golden reputationlilyWhite has a golden reputationlilyWhite has a golden reputation
2013 Video Game Wish List

With 2012 coming to a close, it's time to look forwards to a new year of video games (provided that the Reapers don't arrive on the 21st... ). I'm wondering what games people are looking forwards to in the new year, what releases we're all especially excited for.

The game on top of my list is definitely Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, and seeing Lightning's new default outfit has only made me more eager. (And as soon as a cleaner picture of it comes out, will probably become my avatar on most of the sites I use.)

And I've recently found a Nerd Appropriate article on Fuse, a new game from Insomniac Studios for the PS3 and Xbox 360. From the information and trailer on the page, it looks like a combination between Mass Effect and Borderlands. Plus Jennifer Hale and Ali Hillis are the voices for the two female player characters. =^_^=
Old 12-19-2012, 01:20 AM   #2
Shadow Dragon
the philosophical pegasus

Shadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolness
Watch Dogs and Last of Us are probably the two I'm most looking forward to next year.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:42 AM   #3
Her Dark Star
practical experience, FTW

Her Dark Star is on a distinguished road
Lightning Returns is definitely up there, even though ffxiii and 2 are not my favourite of the franchise, they are such beautiful games I'm eager for more (and the hd remaster of ffx!). Last of Us looks awesome, hadn't heard of Fuse but just looked at the link and it does look intriguing. Not heard of many RPG's in the works though and that's where my interests lie really. Hopefully they'll be some good stuff that I just haven't heard of yet :-)

- Albert Einstein -
Her Dark Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:06 AM   #4
Sophia
AW Moderator

Sophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Dragon Age III, for me, which may be out in autumn 2013. I'm keeping my expectations for it very, very, very low, but still, it's my gaming event for the upcoming year.
Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:15 AM   #5
KateSmash
[Insert something witty here]

KateSmash leaves trails of profuse coolnessKateSmash leaves trails of profuse coolnessKateSmash leaves trails of profuse coolnessKateSmash leaves trails of profuse coolnessKateSmash leaves trails of profuse coolness
Ni No Kuni, Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us for sure. Still really on the fence about DA3, so I'll reserve enthusiasm until there's more/better information out there.
KateSmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #6
Anjasa
Fantasy Smut? Yes please!

Anjasa is on a distinguished road
I'm most excited for Pikmin 3 Most other games I'm looking forward to probably won't be out until end of 2013, early 2014. I'm sure I'll buy more games in 13, but Pikmin is top o' the list!

Playing Nintendo Land gave me such nostalgia for it.

Anjasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:43 PM   #7
J.W. Alden
Fire and Blood

J.W. Alden is a glorious beacon of lightJ.W. Alden is a glorious beacon of light
Looking forward to Watch Dogs, The Last of Us, GTA 5, Dragon Age 3 and Bioshock Infinite.

Read me:

"The Unworthy" in Fantasy Scroll Magazine
"Child Soldier" in Daily Science Fiction
"Item Not As Described" in Unidentified Funny Objects 2
J.W. Alden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:33 AM   #8
BigWords
Geekzilla

BigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Beyond: Two Souls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbielleRose View Post
Dude, I am not that flexible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
The SFF Review Educational Supplement is now open. I'll be listing books, podcasts, online courses and anything else that aims to help the SFF writer improve their skills, provided they're free. (the books, podcasts, online courses and anything else, not the writers)

The British Comics Database is growing. Or mutating. I'm not quite sure which, yet.
BigWords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:55 PM   #9
JimmyB27
Dazed & Confused

JimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Dishonored 2?

"Having been an English literary graduate, I've been trying to avoid the idea of doing art ever since. I think the idea of art kills creativity. I think media are at their most interesting before anybody's thought of calling them art, when people still think they're just a load of junk."
Douglas Adams
JimmyB27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #10
DeleyanLee
Writing Anarchist

DeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Chalk up another one for Watch Dogs. It looks interesting.

I'm seriously hoping there is not another Assassin's Creed next year. The franchise needs a rest, as much as I adore it.

Flamechild, the first anthology in the Children of the Vortex series, is now available here.
Stonechild is a free intro story to the Children of the Vortex series, now available here
DeleyanLee is offline   Reply With Quote