Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Freelance & Work for Hire > Paying Markets
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 09:53 PM   #1
shadedpen
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

shadedpen is on a distinguished road
New editor - ShadedPen journal [$20/5k words]

Hello all.

My name is William, and I'm one of the founders and the editor of ShadedPen, a literary journal in the launch phase. Our inaugural issue is scheduled for March, 2013. I'm also a writer of literary fiction, which is why I created ShadedPen.

We're looking for short literary fiction with edgy, dark (comedy or drama) themes no longer than 5,000 words. We do not charge reading or submission fees, and we will offer a small royalty payment upon acceptance. Responses to submissions through Submittable will normally take four weeks. Deadline for the March release is 02/01/2013.

Please refer to our website at www.shadedpen.com for details on our submission guidelines and our newsletter.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here and bouncing ideas back and forth to help everyone achieve their goals.

Regards,

William Cutter
Editor
ShadedPen
PO Box 25894
Fayetteville, NC 28314
www.shadedpen.com
editor@shadedpen.com
Old 12-12-2012, 11:24 PM   #2
regdog
Kreon Barricade
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Moving to Paying Markets

My Blog-Updated on 10/9/14 An Open Letter To Hasbro

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
Old 12-18-2012, 06:00 PM   #3
Debbie V
Mentoring Myself and Others

Debbie V leaves trails of profuse coolnessDebbie V leaves trails of profuse coolnessDebbie V leaves trails of profuse coolnessDebbie V leaves trails of profuse coolnessDebbie V leaves trails of profuse coolness
Hi William,

Thank you for posting this. I have been looking at your guidelines and wanted to point out what I think is an error. A royalty implies a certain percentage of each sale will be paid over time. A one time payment would be the opposite. I am assuming that it is a one time fee of $20 per story. Is that correct?

Btw, payment amounts are supposed to be in the initial post in this forum. I know the mod moved you here, but you may want to add it above for clarity.

I may be sending you something shortly. Good luck with this new venture.

-Debbie
Old 12-21-2012, 02:28 AM   #4
shadedpen
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

shadedpen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie V View Post
Hi William,

Thank you for posting this. I have been looking at your guidelines and wanted to point out what I think is an error. A royalty implies a certain percentage of each sale will be paid over time. A one time payment would be the opposite. I am assuming that it is a one time fee of $20 per story. Is that correct?

Btw, payment amounts are supposed to be in the initial post in this forum. I know the mod moved you here, but you may want to add it above for clarity.

I may be sending you something shortly. Good luck with this new venture.

-Debbie
Hello Debbie,
Your observation is correct - this is a one time payment. We look forward to your submission!
Old 02-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #5
AgathaChristieFan
proud writer

AgathaChristieFan is well-respected
For anyone who submitted to this magazine, I checked the website last night and it's down. The link goes to a GoDaddy site where you can purchase The Shaded Pen domain name...
Old 02-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #6
regdog
Kreon Barricade
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thanks for the update, I'll close the thread

Old 02-18-2013, 07:12 PM   #7
CaoPaux
Mostly Harmless
SuperModerator

CaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*slips note under door*

It's actually a "parked" page, not a "for sale" page; which could just mean they're in the process of revamping the site. But, yeah, not the best impression.
I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

2013: II2014:
Old 02-23-2013, 01:14 PM   #8
regdog
Kreon Barricade
AW Moderator

Thanks, CaoPaux. I'll check the site no and then and if it returns, I'll reopen

Closed Thread