Happy Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Discussion > Beta Readers, Mentors, and Writing Buddies
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2012, 11:44 AM   #26
ThatKnight64
D.R. Grant

ThatKnight64 is on a distinguished road
Please add me for MG/YA as well. I'm new around here but I would definitely like to get involved.

WIP:
Book 1: YA Contemporary Fantasy (62,000 Words) Revising (With a chainsaw)
First Chapter Here
ThatKnight64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #27
WriteMinded
Derailed

WriteMinded is better than ice cream with hot fudgeWriteMinded is better than ice cream with hot fudgeWriteMinded is better than ice cream with hot fudgeWriteMinded is better than ice cream with hot fudgeWriteMinded is better than ice cream with hot fudgeWriteMinded is better than ice cream with hot fudgeWriteMinded is better than ice cream with hot fudge
I like the group email idea. If that's what you're doing, add me to the Fantasy list.

No Facebook for me.
WriteMinded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:40 PM   #28
Rowan
Wielder of the Witchblade

Rowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by WriteMinded View Post
I like the group email idea. If that's what you're doing, add me to the Fantasy list.

No Facebook for me.
Yes, Ma'am.

"There is something Pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything." - Lord Byron
Old 12-15-2012, 11:48 PM   #29
simonalexander2005
Reflectric

simonalexander2005 is on a distinguished road
If people don't mind feedback from a noob writer (although avid reader) of sci-fi/space opera, sign me up
simonalexander2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:57 PM   #30
Reziac
Resident Alien

Reziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonalexander2005 View Post
If people don't mind feedback from a noob writer (although avid reader) of sci-fi/space opera, sign me up
Not to worry; sometimes the best feedback is from the n00bs!
Old 12-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #31
Xaenyth
Crooked

Xaenyth is on a distinguished road
This sounds like fun! Would you mind adding me to the fantasy group?
Old 12-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #32
Ergodic Mage
Neophyte Writer

Ergodic Mage is well-respected
Good idea. Please add me to the SciFi/Fantasy list.
Ergodic Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:07 AM   #33
Rowan

Rowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I still need some e-mail addresses. If your name is in red below, please send me your e-mail address ASAP. Thanks!

YA:
  • heyheymse
  • Bing Zabriskie
  • Ellielle
  • Trisha
  • Krissy Reynolds
  • A. C. Thomas
  • Rowan
  • ThatKnight64
  • Mike_Gasaway

Commercial/Mainstream:
  • Bushrat
  • Bing Zabriskie
  • Hankleton

Mystery/Crime Drama/Police Procedural:
  • Rowan
  • Bushrat
  • Chase
  • Hankleton

Fantasy & SciFi:
  • Rowan
  • Reziac
  • Ellielle
  • WriteMinded
  • Xaenyth
  • simonalexander2005
  • Ergodic Mage

Children's Literature (MG):
  • A. C. Thomas
  • ThatKnight64

"There is something Pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything." - Lord Byron

Last edited by Rowan; 12-18-2012 at 03:18 PM.
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:23 AM   #34
Reziac
Resident Alien

Reziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
<goes off, makes mailbox specifically for this kind of nonsense>

Sure is nice to have a couple thousand mailboxes, hahaha
Old 12-18-2012, 05:49 AM   #35
Mike_Gasaway
figuring it all out

Mike_Gasaway is on a distinguished road
I'm late to the party and EXTREMELY new to AW but this is exactly what I've been looking for. Sign me up for YA.

MG Fantasy Novel - trimming and revising

www.gasmangroup.com/blog
twitter: @00gasman00
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1114031/
www.youtube.com/user/00gasman00
Mike_Gasaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:39 PM   #36
Rowan

The Commercial and Mystery/Crime Drama groups are all set. I'll send out introductory e-mails in a few minutes.

I'm still waiting on a few e-mail addresses for the YA, MG & Fantasy/SciFi groups. If I don't hear back from the remaining YA and Fantasy/SciFi members, I'll go with what we've got thus far.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:08 AM   #37
JayD
Recovering Lurker

JayD is on a distinguished road
Coming in a little late here, but would you mind adding me to the Scifi & Fantasy group?
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:29 AM   #38
Rowan

Updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
I still need some e-mail addresses. If your name is in red below, please send me your e-mail address ASAP. Thanks!

YA:
  • heyheymse
  • Bing Zabriskie
  • Ellielle
  • Trisha
  • Krissy Reynolds
  • A. C. Thomas
  • Rowan
  • ThatKnight64
  • Mike_Gasaway
  • Holy_Shiitake

Commercial/Mainstream:
  • Bushrat
  • Bing Zabriskie
  • Hankleton
  • Holy_Shiitake

• Rowan
  • Bushrat
  • Chase
  • Hankleton

Fantasy & SciFi:
  • Rowan
  • Reziac
  • Ellielle
  • WriteMinded
  • Xaenyth
  • simonalexander2005
  • Ergodic Mage
  • JayD

• A. C. Thomas
  • ThatKnight64

Pending groups:
Erotica:
Historical Fiction: heyheymse, Bushrat
Romance: Hankleton
Horror
Memoir: Bushrat

Last edited by Rowan; 12-19-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:05 AM   #39
Reziac
Resident Alien

<looks in mailbox>
Eeeep, they're HERE!!
Old 12-19-2012, 07:16 AM   #40
holy_shiitake
KB1VWJ

holy_shiitake is on a distinguished road
Sign me up for the YA and Mainstream groups, please! I'll be messaging you my email in a minute.
holy_shiitake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:37 PM   #41
Allison Kelsey
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Allison Kelsey is on a distinguished road
Hmm. Romance group is still pending. I guess that's a sign I should join.

I'm working on a contemporary romance with a chick lit tone. Right now, I'm piecing the mess together into one (hopefully) coherent manuscript, so I don't need critiques, but brainstorming help may come in handy.

Thanks! PM with my email is coming.
Allison Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:13 AM   #42
WriterWho
Edit . . . Edit . . . Edit . . .

WriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sign me up for fantasy/paranormal, new adult, romance, and erotica. Please. And thank you.
WriterWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:06 AM   #43
NewKidOldKid
diplomat

NewKidOldKid has a spectacular aura
I don't have a Facebook account anymore, so if that's the only option, it wouldn't work for me. If it's an email group, I'm in! Romance and horror, please.

Thanks for doing this!
Old 12-20-2012, 05:16 AM   #44
Rowan

If your name is in red, that means I still need your e-mail address. Groups will be limited to 10 members. If there's enough interest, new groups can be added for each genre.

YA: - CLOSED (If Trisha/heyheymse opt out, that will result in a vacancy)
heyheymse
Bing Zabriskie
Ellielle
Trisha
Krissy Reynolds
A. C. Thomas
Rowan
ThatKnight64
Mike_Gasaway
Holy_Shiitake
ConnieBDowell
Almondjoy

Commercial/Mainstream:
Bushrat
Bing Zabriskie
Hankleton
Holy_Shiitake
I_Love_Coffee

Rowan
Bushrat
Chase
Hankleton
ConnieBDowell

Fantasy & SciFi: - CLOSED
Rowan
Reziac
Ellielle
WriteMinded
Xaenyth
simonalexander2005
Ergodic Mage
JayD
WriterWho
TorontoGirl
phantasy

A. C. Thomas
ThatKnight64
Almondjoy

Romance:
Hankleton
NewKidOldKid
WriterWho
Allison Kelsey
TorontoGirl

Pending groups:

Erotica: WriterWho
Historical Fiction: heyheymse, Bushrat, ConnieBDowell
Horror: NewKidOldKid, TorontoGirl
Memoir: Bushrat
New Adult: WriterWho

Last edited by Rowan; 12-30-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:08 AM   #45
TorontoGirl
Write on, write on...

TorontoGirl is on a distinguished road
Wait for me! Fantasy & SF, Romance and Horror

TorontoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:14 AM   #46
ConnieBDowell
figuring it all out

ConnieBDowell is on a distinguished road
I'd like to join the mystery group and the historical group. If there's ever a vacancy or enough interest for a second group I'd like to do YA as well. This is an exciting idea!
Old 12-24-2012, 09:35 PM   #47
I_love_coffee
that's what it's all about....

Location: The Hokey Pokey Clinic ( it's the place to turn yourself around)
I_love_coffee is on a distinguished road
love this idea, thank you for pulling it together! Please add me to the commercial/mainstream group! will send you my email
Old 12-26-2012, 02:09 AM   #48
phantasy
Let me tell you a Story...

phantasy is a shiny, shiny jewelphantasy is a shiny, shiny jewel
Please put me down for fantasy and sci fi. I would love to crit some plot and story structure. Sending you my email. Thanks!
phantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:09 AM   #49
Almondjoy
Keep moving forward <3

Almondjoy is on a distinguished road
If there's still room, I'd like to join in on YA/MG! I'm a teen, so I'm thinking that perhaps if people need to bounce ideas off about realistic issues and such, I could be of use. =)

Thank you for putting this fantastic idea together, Rowan! I think it's going to be so useful to have someone to just talk to about some issues, rather than a more strict critique group.

(Also, if there isn't any more room for me, is it possible to put me in a new group? I know that we're waiting on Trisha, but if she decides to join in, then I'd love to be put in a new group with some other people.)
Almondjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:21 AM   #50
benluby
practical experience, FTW

benluby has a spectacular aurabenluby has a spectacular aura
I am a fan of sci-fi/fantasy and good horror.
benluby is offline   Reply With Quote