Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Rejection and Dejection
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 06:21 AM   #20376
Rick
"Thriller" Apprentice

Rick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRick is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congratulations, Mrs. B!!!

Jo - well done with the bra-finding powers. Male Purgies need bra-unfastening powers, however. Congrats on Mr. Jo's bosses recognizing his talent and hard work, and WOOT! for your book on a review site. Fingers crossed for a fantastic review!

KT - congrats on Mr. KT's success at work too! And for the nice Christmas gifts and bonuses. And (((KT's feet))) to help warm you up. I hope the adoptable cat is Chase - that would indeed be a Christmas miracle!

WD - good luck on the revision!

Lily - well done on your Google-fu!

Tas - I suck at names, but how about Charles K. Tasmin? (I like Tasmin Charles too, but seems kinda backwards. Maybe that's a good thing, though.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryn View Post
As you may recall, I'm on Facebook with all of 3 friends, on purpose--it's just a family connector, and I won't add you all even if you bat your eyelashes real pretty when you ask. (Although I'd like to see Vandal, Rick, and Steve do that, just for the entertainment value.)
Be my Friend, please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayqueen View Post
Between my sibling and I, I'm definitely the workaholic type-A perfect student. She's always been far more laid back and less academically-inclined. She's absolutely brilliant, maybe smarter than me, but definitely not nearly as primed on external validation. : ) Or at least not as motivated to kill herself at the academic grind. I'm the younger one, too, which seems contrary to every other sibling relationship like this one that I know.
Sounds just like kiddos 2 and 3. Kiddo #2 is incredibly smart and doesn't have to work hard at anything. She knows that and... doesn't work hard at anything. (She's turning it around in college, thankfully.) Kiddo #3 on the other hand has a slight learning disability (an auditory processing issue of some sort) and as a result has to work really hard and do a lot of repetition to learn stuff. But she busts her butt and is doing really well.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:35 AM   #20377
JoNightshade
has finally arrived

JoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Someone please save me from the energizer toddlerrrrrrrrrr...

Courting Greta has been released into the wide world!
I have also entered the world of self-pubbing with a short story, Christmas in the Californios, 1833.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:57 AM   #20378
raburrell
Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee

raburrell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsraburrell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsraburrell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsraburrell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsraburrell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsraburrell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsraburrell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsraburrell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsraburrell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsraburrell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsraburrell is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Evening, all
KT, I hope you get your miracle!

Lily, lol - poor College Boy.

I have to give a shout-out to Clovia, who went above and beyond to finish a beta read for me yesterday. I was able to get everything finished up and set off to the agent this afternoon, and I feel a tiny bit better about it too. Guess we'll see what the agent has to say after the holidays.

Have a good night, purgs, and a big to Phoenix just 'cause.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:22 AM   #20379
K. Taylor
Bah Humbug

K. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
They closed at 5 and D. didn't get home until 6. Traffic radio says the entire county was gridlock. That's after working late and stopping at Starbucks, then he stopped at B3st Buy for Xmas dvds for his mom. His official quit time is 2:30.

Showed him the listing, so he's going tomorrow when they open at 10. It's his weekend.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:34 AM   #20380
Clovia
Flying blind on a rocket cycle.

Clovia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsClovia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsClovia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsClovia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsClovia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsClovia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsClovia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsClovia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsClovia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsClovia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsClovia is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yeah, the power's back on in time for the apocalypse!

What'd I miss?
Old 12-21-2012, 10:06 AM   #20381
Cricket18
Gnawing my hairless tail

Cricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thread killa! The end is nigh....

You wanna have a drink?

Old 12-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #20382
Dragonstar
a wishin' and a hopin'

Dragonstar is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonstar is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonstar is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonstar is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonstar is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonstar is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonstar is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonstar is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonstar is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonstar is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonstar is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Two drinks, please? I just spent the last 2 hours trying to fixing the coding I accidentally deleted from our St@r W@rs fansite. Fortunately, one of the guys figured out what I needed and gave me the code to restore it, but not until I'd spent said 2 hours trying to figure it out on my own. I thought I was on my own site and deleting something from there, but my stupid dashboard had not loaded and I was still on the fansite. I now have a crashing headache. May I have three drinks, pretty please?
Old 12-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #20383
Clovia

Clovia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsClovia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsClovia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsClovia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsClovia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsClovia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsClovia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsClovia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsClovia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsClovia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsClovia is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm making cinnamon sugar pecans and coffee-chocolate cookies.

*passes plate*
Old 12-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #20384
Cricket18
Gnawing my hairless tail

Cricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*pours three drinks for Dragon while using free hand to snack on cookies and pecans*
Old 12-21-2012, 12:09 PM   #20385
Clovia

Looks like the condo was actually sold at auction on the 13th. I hope the new owner gets in touch with us soon.

I feel kinda bad for my landlord--he filed some actions with his lawyer to try and stop the sale, and doesn't seem to yet realize it wasn't successful. On top of foreclosure, he has to pay a lawyer.

Wince.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:14 PM   #20386
OL
Still a beach bum...

OL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Fingers crossed for the kitteh, KT...

Greetings from, er...Los Angeles? Someplace. I forget.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:16 PM   #20387
Little1
Hakuna Matata

Little1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Gm all! Reaped as I went. Well, this concludes my first week at new job. I am absolutely loving it! I am learning so much and having fun I actually LIKE my job
Old 12-21-2012, 03:43 PM   #20388
raburrell

raburrell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsraburrell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsraburrell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsraburrell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsraburrell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsraburrell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsraburrell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsraburrell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsraburrell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsraburrell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsraburrell is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Morning all
Fairly certain that neither husband nor son have actually stopped talking since they got up. Gah.

Hope everyone has a good Friday
Old 12-21-2012, 04:04 PM   #20389
ink wench
ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine

ink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Morning, all. How's the apocalypse coming for everyone?

Also, Happy Solstice!!!

Up at the usual work time because Mr. Wench has to work, and I basically do too - making lots of cookies and wrapping gifts. Will try to pop back in later.

An0ther L1ttle P1ece 0f My Heart
(Harlequin Teen)- December 2013

Twitter * Website
Old 12-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #20390
Calla Lily
On deadline for the next year or so
AW Moderator

Calla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Morning.

Happy Solstice!

Snow here, finally. They're saying 4 pm today - 4 pm tomorrow.

Of course, CB is driving to the GF's parents tomorrow (75 miles) and kiddo has Driver's Ed.

I am changing my hair color. Why, you ask? Because Mr. Lily said I look like my mother. So, out with the red and back to the brown.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #20391
raburrell

Pictures, Lily!! (And grrr to Mr. Lily)
Old 12-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #20392
Calla Lily
AW Moderator

Calla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Getting the tresses dyed tomorrow. I will smile pretty for the camera afterwards.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:01 PM   #20393
Brandy
I swear by my pretty floral bonnet

Brandy is better than ice cream with hot fudgeBrandy is better than ice cream with hot fudgeBrandy is better than ice cream with hot fudgeBrandy is better than ice cream with hot fudgeBrandy is better than ice cream with hot fudgeBrandy is better than ice cream with hot fudgeBrandy is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Good morning all!

Lot's to do today but then I'm off for 5 days !!!! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little1 View Post
Gm all! Reaped as I went. Well, this concludes my first week at new job. I am absolutely loving it! I am learning so much and having fun I actually LIKE my job
This is the best thing ever! So happy for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by callalily61 View Post
Getting the tresses dyed tomorrow. I will smile pretty for the camera afterwards.
I'm sure you'll look beautiful!

Shiny- My Blog!
Twitter

Old 12-21-2012, 05:10 PM   #20394
sammyig
Vampire Connoisseur

sammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssammyig is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Morning all.

My hair needs dyed. I have the dye, but I'm just too damn lazy to do it. On another note, I actually cleaned my bathtub yesterday, I bought my dad a taco ornament for the tree, and I tried caramel smothered bread pudding. THe bread pudding is to die for.

I'm trying to see if we actually get the snow being called for before finishing my video card. If we get the snow, the outside lights will look so pretty.

And.... yeah.... writing right now isn't working for me either. So, to hell with it.

Sorrow's Point- Crescent Moon Press- Release Date: October 15, 2013

Constructing Marcus- Eirelander Publishing- Release Date: August 30, 2013

My Blog/Website Twitter Facebook
Old 12-21-2012, 05:26 PM   #20395
sunna
practical experience, FTW

sunna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssunna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssunna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssunna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssunna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssunna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssunna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssunna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssunna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssunna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssunna is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
G'morning, purgs! Almost ready for a week off now, providing nothing else blows up at work today. Holy gods, I forget every year how crazed this one week is.

Had lovely Indian food last night at my sister's, and did a pre-travel present exchange (the 3rd one this month, actually: SunnaFam is nothing if not extreme). Mr. Sunna got me a Keurig.

Off to catch up, but first, happy solstice to you all, and blessed Yule to any celebrating purgs.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #20396
dystophil
Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe

dystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Happy Apocalypse Day, everyone!

Sunna, happy shiny new coffee maker for you! (I got mine at the beginning of the month and am loving the thing to bits. )

Lily, Mr. Lily deserves a smack for that comment... Still, looking forward to pictures.

Survived day one of four crazy pre-Christmas days. Working retail has turned me into the ultimate misanthrope, I swear. Going to cuddle up in bed with my electric blanket, possibly on its highest setting, because I'm bloody freezing. There might be a cup of hot cocoa in it for me, too.

Have a good Friday, all!

Old 12-21-2012, 06:06 PM   #20397
Calla Lily
AW Moderator

{{{dys}}} I don't miss retail. Much sympathy to you.

sunna and all Purgs who celebrate, Blessed Yule.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:20 PM   #20398
Clovia

Blessed Yule, a Bright Solstice, and Happy Friday!

Dys, retail is. Just. Awful. This time of year. It's not great any time of year, but this time of year is a nightmare. It's like it brings out the tiny worst in everyone. Enjoy your hot chocolate.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:27 PM   #20399
dystophil
Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe

dystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdystophil is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Seriously. It doesn't help that my job generally just perpetuates people's laziness and stupidity.

Honestly, I'm just ready to be done. I honestly probably wouldn't feel any better if I actually got to spend Christmas with my family, because for some reason it tends to depress me no matter what. Oh well.

I opt for hot chocolate in bed and a good book.

/end grump

Last edited by dystophil; 12-21-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:28 PM   #20400
sunna
practical experience, FTW

sunna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssunna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssunna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssunna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssunna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssunna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssunna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssunna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssunna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssunna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssunna is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ah, purgies: every belltower in town rang 27 times, so close to simultaneously it was like hearing an echo roll from one end of main street to the other. Most of my building emptied out into the parking lot to listen in total silence. Sad and strange and lovely.

Have I mentioned today how fabulous you all are?

Well, you are.
Closed Thread