Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Now We're Cookin'!
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 01:11 AM   #26
Ken
and friends . . .

Ken is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
... mixing veggies in with scrambled eggs ain't a bad option.
just use olive oil instead of butter or a nonstick pot.
and very little salt if any. go for pepper instead.
and with the eggs, just 2 yolks.
if you want more, go with the whites.
they even sell it like that in containers.
g'luck.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:31 AM   #27
sunandshadow
Impractical Fantasy Animal

sunandshadow leaves trails of profuse coolnesssunandshadow leaves trails of profuse coolnesssunandshadow leaves trails of profuse coolnesssunandshadow leaves trails of profuse coolnesssunandshadow leaves trails of profuse coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince524 View Post
What seasonings are good on zucchini? Last night I baked some. I put a little olive oil on them then sea salt and oregano since it was out for my main dish. I didn't care for the oregano on it.
If you baked the zucchini by itself with no bread, cheese, or tomatoes I'm not sure any spices could make that taste good. Unless you like spicy foods, then you might try horseradish or dijon or jalapeno or chipotle. Maybe A1, that can overwhelm anything and it's not as spicy as the others. I've had thousand island dressing on zucchinis and that was good but it was in a sandwich with bread and tomatoes and cheese, so I dunno about by itself. I had a white wine, tarragon, and dijon cream sauce one time that was good over other bland veggies and pasta, so it might work well with zucchini. But zucchini are bland by themselves, they're just better paired with something flavorful that has a little mass of its own to alternate with the zucchini. Plain zucchini is kind of like pasta, would you serve pasta with just olive oil and spices? If so, try the spices you would use for that.
sunandshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:52 AM   #28
Liralen
Miss Conceived

Liralen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLiralen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLiralen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLiralen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLiralen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLiralen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLiralen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLiralen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLiralen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLiralen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLiralen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Penzey's makes a seasoning called Northwoods that's good on pretty much anything -- I'd say it would even make zucchini okay, lol.

Moroccan seasoning (even McCormick makes one) is another one that's good for vegetables.

Can you find the Pitbull?

WIP ~ The Black Dog Dialogues: At the raw, dark fringes of exhaustion, there is The Black Dog
Liralen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:36 AM   #29
Yorkist
Banned

Yorkist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYorkist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYorkist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYorkist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYorkist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYorkist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYorkist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYorkist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYorkist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYorkist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYorkist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Greek salad dressing is a good marinade/sauteing agent for zucchini, squash, tomatoes, and all sorts of veggies. Quick and easy.

Vince, I posted a bunch of my favorite veggie recipes here.
Yorkist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:40 AM   #30
Unimportant
but appreciated anyway...

Unimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Tonight I very-very-briefly sauteed matchstick-cut zucchini with toasted flaked almonds in a splash of olive oil, then topped it with chopped mint. My partner said the mint was too weird, but I found it quite addictive.
Unimportant is offline   Reply With Quote