Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Romance/Women's Fiction
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2011, 03:02 AM   #276
Rose English
practical experience, FTW

Rose English is a glorious beacon of lightRose English is a glorious beacon of light
Can I have a cookie to go with the Tollhouse baking chocolate chips (with a whitish bloom on them) I just pigged out on? It's been a groundhog kind of day.

I know, there goes the diet. I'm going to hate myself in the morning.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:35 AM   #277
Karen Junker
Live a little. Write a lot.

Karen Junker is a candidate for sainthoodKaren Junker is a candidate for sainthoodKaren Junker is a candidate for sainthoodKaren Junker is a candidate for sainthoodKaren Junker is a candidate for sainthoodKaren Junker is a candidate for sainthoodKaren Junker is a candidate for sainthoodKaren Junker is a candidate for sainthood
Yes, you deserve a cookie. Here...white chocolate craisin tollhouse cookies...
Karen Junker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:29 PM   #278
paperbackwriter
Paperbackwriter

paperbackwriter is well-respected
Ok, yesterday a neighbor's dog attacked a nest of feral kittens killing all but one. Horrible. My daughter saved the last one, black and white, one week old kitten. We fed it every three hours around the clock. The vet says it's healthy and will live. I'm sooooooooo tired. Can I have a cookie?
paperbackwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:49 PM   #279
Soccer Mom
Crypto-fascist
SuperModerator

Soccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh, how horrible for you. You can have a whole plate of cookes.

Join us for the Absolute Write-in #AWritein

Marguerite Says...Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge

I also Twitter & Facebook

People think Iím disciplined. It is not discipline. It is devotion. There is a great difference ~Luciano Pavarotti
Soccer Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:15 AM   #280
parumpdragon
Flappy bat

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Everyone deserves a cookie sometime.

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
parumpdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:35 AM   #281
JMC2009
Your friendly neighborhood Chat Op
AW Moderator

JMC2009 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJMC2009 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJMC2009 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJMC2009 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJMC2009 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJMC2009 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJMC2009 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJMC2009 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I have to be up in 5 hours, at work in 7 for a 12 hour day.

<zanzjan> JMC is made of awesome

*preens*

Quote:
AbbielleRose: Everyone, do welcome our new queen,

QUEEN JMC!

SLCBoston: Um, who??

Have you chatted lately? Come join the fun! http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...d.php?t=178738
JMC2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:51 AM   #282
mugwort

mugwort is on a distinguished road
Before I give you a cookie I need to know what kind. Hope it perks up your mood. I'm feeling down and discouraged since nobody is reviewing my writing. Of course I realize, at least I hope, members here have outside lives. Heck so do I. Just telling my feelings. Not saying their justified.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:31 PM   #283
Write_Askew

Write_Askew is well-respected
I quit my job two months ago because I was miserable and my lovely wife said I should focus full-time on my writing. I've busted tail and I finally submitted, just a few moments ago, my MS to Avon in response to the NaRoWriMo call for submissions. I am an absolute nervous wreck.

Can I have a cookie?
Write_Askew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:54 PM   #284
shameless
Superlative Type A

shameless has earned our admirationshameless has earned our admirationshameless has earned our admirationshameless has earned our admiration
Quote:
Originally Posted by Write_Askew View Post
I quit my job two months ago because I was miserable and my lovely wife said I should focus full-time on my writing. I've busted tail and I finally submitted, just a few moments ago, my MS to Avon in response to the NaRoWriMo call for submissions. I am an absolute nervous wreck.

Can I have a cookie?
Here's a whole tray. Enjoy. And good luck!!

The Bottom Line and Signed, Sealed, Delivered on sale now!
Sealing the Deal ~ coming soon from Grand Central Forever Yours!

My website!
shameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:23 AM   #285
Write_Askew

Oh, Shameless, you know how to make friends. Do you want one? I'll share....
Old 12-04-2012, 04:09 AM   #286
shameless
Superlative Type A

shameless has earned our admirationshameless has earned our admirationshameless has earned our admirationshameless has earned our admiration
Quote:
Originally Posted by Write_Askew View Post
Oh, Shameless, you know how to make friends. Do you want one? I'll share....
Thanks, but I ate a lot of batter already.

My website!
Old 12-07-2012, 07:42 PM   #287
cameomac
Geek girl since 1977

cameomac is well-respected
I finally got rid of my writer's block. Can I have a cookie?
cameomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #288
Write_Askew

You can have all the cookies you want, as long as you keep writing!

When the block comes back (it always does, doesn't it???) and the Muse is fickle, I'll be waiting here with cookie dough and some tasty beverages...
Old 01-15-2013, 12:16 AM   #289
shameless
Superlative Type A

Need a cookie and a hand hold please!!

My new book released today--The Impetuous Amazon. I'm utterly TERRIFIED. The first book in the series sold so well, it's now Carina Press's #1 fantasy romance. But now...there's not special pricing so I'm so worried the new book will crash and burn.

Am I the only one who worries about this stuff??

Where's the flippin' chocolate???

My website!
Old 01-15-2013, 02:03 AM   #290
KVL

KVL has a spectacular auraKVL has a spectacular aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by shameless View Post

I have a bar of dark chocolate if you want some. It's been staring me in the face and making comments under its breath about how January diets are a most terrible idea, so you'd be doing me a favor by eating it.

Good luck with the new release!

This Twitter thing.
KVL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:58 AM   #291
shameless
Superlative Type A

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVL View Post
I have a bar of dark chocolate if you want some. It's been staring me in the face and making comments under its breath about how January diets are a most terrible idea, so you'd be doing me a favor by eating it.

Good luck with the new release!
Thanks, but I'm in the same boat!! Damn New Year's Resolution... grumble, gripe, complain.

My website!
Old 01-15-2013, 03:58 AM   #292
ap123
Twitching

ap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

My new book released today--The Impetuous Amazon. I'm utterly TERRIFIED. The first book in the series sold so well, it's now Carina Press's #1 fantasy romance. But now...there's not special pricing so I'm so worried the new book will crash and burn.

Congratulations! take a deep breath, it will sell

Have an oatmeal cranberry chocolate chip cookie. Oats are fiber, and good for cholesterol, dark chocolate is good for ummm anti-oxidants, and cranberries are Vit C. Pfft, take 2, they're health food!

Try it, you might like it. Blogging life in the big city with Mrs Fringe.
ap123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #293
shameless
Superlative Type A

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap123 View Post
Congratulations! take a deep breath, it will sell

Have an oatmeal cranberry chocolate chip cookie. Oats are fiber, and good for cholesterol, dark chocolate is good for ummm anti-oxidants, and cranberries are Vit C. Pfft, take 2, they're health food!

Thanks!! Sounds like a great "fix" for my chocolate problem!!

My website!
Old 01-16-2013, 05:06 AM   #294
Tifferbugz
Doing Pirate things...

Tifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

You are not the only one who worries about such things, believe me. I had a release yesterday, too, and am having a tough time staying off of Amazon and Goodreads and such. Gah.

Hugs and chocolate may be the only cure. I can share one of these , but I already ate the chocolate.

Website & Blog
Twitter
My Books

Tifferbugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:47 PM   #295
shameless
Superlative Type A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifferbugz View Post
Hugs and chocolate may be the only cure. I can share one of these , but I already ate the chocolate.
Thanks, Tiffany!!

My website!
Old 01-16-2013, 03:31 PM   #296
Ann_Mayburn
Smutty McTitters

Ann_Mayburn has earned our admirationAnn_Mayburn has earned our admirationAnn_Mayburn has earned our admirationAnn_Mayburn has earned our admiration
Got a very prompt, and very nice, pass on a MS from Random House because they have a book series very similar to what I submitted coming out already.-sniff- However, the managing editor invited me to submit to her with anything else I have so that's pretty awesome. Gotta find that silver lining, peeps.

Ann_Mayburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:32 PM   #297
Ann_Mayburn
Smutty McTitters

Ann_Mayburn has earned our admirationAnn_Mayburn has earned our admirationAnn_Mayburn has earned our admirationAnn_Mayburn has earned our admiration
Shameless- The more successful a first book is the more I dread writing the second. :P I have this terrible fear that I'll let everyone down, they'll hate me, it was a one hit wonder, it will suck, etc etc etc. Glad to see being neurotic comes with the territory.

Ann_Mayburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:37 AM   #298
shameless
Superlative Type A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann_Mayburn View Post
Shameless- The more successful a first book is the more I dread writing the second. :P I have this terrible fear that I'll let everyone down, they'll hate me, it was a one hit wonder, it will suck, etc etc etc. Glad to see being neurotic comes with the territory.

It's so great to know I'm not alone!!! Thanks!

My website!
Old 01-17-2013, 12:39 AM   #299
shameless
Superlative Type A

Quote:
Got a very prompt, and very nice, pass on a MS from Random House because they have a book series very similar to what I submitted coming out already.-sniff- However, the managing editor invited me to submit to her with anything else I have so that's pretty awesome. Gotta find that silver lining, peeps.

That's what my agents call a "good rejection."
Have a nice cookie!!!

My website!
Old 01-17-2013, 02:33 AM   #300
Tifferbugz
Doing Pirate things...

Tifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

Stinks to get the rejection, but as far as rejections go, that is a great one.

Website & Blog
Twitter
My Books

Tifferbugz is offline   Reply With Quote