Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Poetry
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 09:16 PM   #8676
zanzjan
has the hiccups
AW Moderator

zanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Let's procrastinate?
I swore I'd write a novel,
but instead: haiku!
zanzjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:45 AM   #8677
onestepp
practical experience, FTW

onestepp is a glorious beacon of lightonestepp is a glorious beacon of lightonestepp is a glorious beacon of light
but instead, haiku
westerly wind written ruins
spaces inbetween
onestepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:28 AM   #8678
kdnxdr
One of the most important people in the world

kdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskdnxdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
spaces inbetween,
concealing my thoughts of you;
my love unspoken

Here is our new website for culinary classes and tours:

http://www.rolandparny.com

Blog: Food For Thought http://www.rolandparny.com/food-for-thought.html
kdnxdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:20 PM   #8679
kkbe
Huh.

kkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
my love unspoken.
kiss my mouth, imagining
sweet lips on mine. once.
The flour in Albertís hair donít last ten minutes. I end up trick-or-treating with a red-haired kid got a black dot on the end of his nose, wearing a giant bloody tee shirt. Albert don't care, he's having fun.

I admit, so am I.
/my little blog/

Avie attrib.: Pedro SŠnchez

Last edited by kkbe; 01-10-2013 at 04:08 PM.
kkbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:19 PM   #8680
zanzjan
has the hiccups
AW Moderator

zanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sweet lips on mine, once,
Remember'd honey; now I
taste only dry dust.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #8681
kkbe
Huh.

kkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
taste only dry dust.
was it only a dream, boy?
dream something juicy.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #8682
zanzjan
has the hiccups
AW Moderator

Dream something juicy--
hot and sensual, smooth, raw--
dance your heart to sleep.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:27 AM   #8683
kkbe
Huh.

Dance your heart to sleep.
Don't ever dream about him.
Neither, possible.
The flour in Albertís hair donít last ten minutes. I end up trick-or-treating with a red-haired kid got a black dot on the end of his nose, wearing a giant bloody tee shirt. Albert don't care, he's having fun.

I admit, so am I.
/my little blog/

Last edited by kkbe; 01-13-2013 at 03:04 AM. Reason: can't help it
Old 01-13-2013, 01:12 AM   #8684
zanzjan
has the hiccups
AW Moderator

Neither possible:
that you should win back my heart,
or be cleansed away.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:10 AM   #8685
kkbe
Huh.

Or be cleansed away.
Or swept away in silence.
Neither pleases me.

Last edited by kkbe; 01-13-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:39 AM   #8686
onestepp

onestepp is a glorious beacon of lightonestepp is a glorious beacon of lightonestepp is a glorious beacon of light
Niether pleases me
chosen sunsets, sunrises
creative world camped
Old 01-13-2013, 05:43 PM   #8687
theDolphin
Aquarius

theDolphin is on a distinguished road
creative world camped
in the railway yard, eating
beans with the hobos.

sparrow in the treetop - tweet, tweet!

Jennifer Rockwell on Goodreads

A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song.
Maya Angelou
theDolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:30 PM   #8688
B.D. Eyeslie

B.D. Eyeslie leaves trails of profuse coolnessB.D. Eyeslie leaves trails of profuse coolnessB.D. Eyeslie leaves trails of profuse coolnessB.D. Eyeslie leaves trails of profuse coolnessB.D. Eyeslie leaves trails of profuse coolness
Beans with the hobos
or caviar with the kings--
a lunch is a lunch.
B.D. Eyeslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:29 PM   #8689
zanzjan
has the hiccups
AW Moderator

A lunch is a lunch,
but if plotting coups by soup,
order dessert first.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:45 AM   #8690
onestepp

order dessert first
dawns early walk escapes sun
stepping stones anew
Old 01-14-2013, 08:14 PM   #8691
zanzjan
has the hiccups
AW Moderator

Stepping stones, anew
with emerald moss, have too
forgotten the flood.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:33 PM   #8692
B.D. Eyeslie

B.D. Eyeslie leaves trails of profuse coolnessB.D. Eyeslie leaves trails of profuse coolnessB.D. Eyeslie leaves trails of profuse coolnessB.D. Eyeslie leaves trails of profuse coolnessB.D. Eyeslie leaves trails of profuse coolness
Forgotten, the flood
seeped past the guards at the wall
as they counted stars.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:59 PM   #8693
theDolphin
Aquarius

theDolphin is on a distinguished road
as they counted stars
Love flickered into being
though left unspoken

sparrow in the treetop - tweet, tweet!

Jennifer Rockwell on Goodreads

A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song.
Maya Angelou
theDolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #8694
zanzjan
has the hiccups
AW Moderator

Though left unspoken,
our words hang in heavy air.
Thunderstorms, regret.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:11 PM   #8695
TRINITY225
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

TRINITY225 is on a distinguished road
Regret is futile
when there is so much to learn
From every instance.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:02 PM   #8696
kkbe
Huh.

From every instance,
blind. Or set to blind. To see
Or not to see, Yorick.

ETA: Sorry about that. eek.

I admit, so am I.
/my little blog/

Last edited by kkbe; 01-16-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:22 PM   #8697
B.D. Eyeslie

quick correct on syllable count:

Not to see Yorick,
but when I turn broken soil,
I get the giggles.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:01 AM   #8698
onestepp

I get the giggles
mornings dew touches feet
quiet whisperings
Old 01-17-2013, 08:20 PM   #8699
zanzjan
has the hiccups
AW Moderator

Quiet whisperings;
the pines anticipate spring,
but hold winter fast.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:22 PM   #8700
Paddlefish
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Paddlefish is on a distinguished road
But hold winter fast:
Quiet, waiting, building strength
For spring's explosion
Paddlefish is offline   Reply With Quote