Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > FAQs
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 07:47 PM   #351
Wilde_at_heart
Shameless attention-whore...

Wilde_at_heart has a golden reputationWilde_at_heart has a golden reputationWilde_at_heart has a golden reputationWilde_at_heart has a golden reputationWilde_at_heart has a golden reputationWilde_at_heart has a golden reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by christwriter View Post
Ahem.

*knuckle cracks*

You TOTALLY missed the point of that passage. My MOTHER read that passage and loved it. My sister's cousin's nephew's wife's cousin's foster-child's birthmother's GRANDFATHER is a REAL PROFESSIONAL WRITER who had TWO ARTICLES published by an AP affiliate on their BLOG, and I studied every single word of what they wrote about pig intestinal paracites AND SO I KNOW BETTER THAN YOU. Who are you people, anyway? All you do is publish vampire fiction and sparkly Harry Potter ripoffs. I have FOURTEEN GOOD REVIEWS ON FANFICTION.NET. I HAVE STREET CRED. I TALKED TO MY LONG DISTANCE INTERNET BOYFRIEND AND HE TOLD ME TO IGNORE YOU.

So I am. Totally. F*** you. F*** all of you. F*** you with a ******* sparkle vampire *****, you ***** **** and *******, eat my ******* jalapino ***** with a serving of glitter. I hope you all ***** ***** ****** and die.

****************8******88*****!!1!1!!!!one one one one ONE!!!1!

I AM PUBLISHING MY NEW THREE THOUSAND PAGE BOOK OF GOTHIC ANTEATER POETRY WITH A REAL LIFE PUBLISHER. THEY SAID THEY WOULD GIVE ME A ONE DOLLAR ADVANCE AND I WOULDN'T HAVE TO PAY FOR ANYTHING SO F*** YOU AND I HOPE YOU ALL DIE.

I AM LEAVING TEH INTERNETS FOREVAR!!!!111on1! GOODBYE!
*slow clap*

Bravo. It's never serious until it's allcaps serious...

Though personally I would have gone on more about the ignorance of every other poster on the board and berated them teenagers or frustrated housewives depending on the age of the flouncer .

http://twitter.com/wilde_at_heart

WIPs:
Destination Wedding, 84K - Querying
Untitled Urban Fantasy 96K + NA prequel, 119K
Daphne vs the Demoness 90K on 2nd draft
The Human Resources Experiment, 92K, re-thinking halfway through...
Wilde_at_heart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #352
Sophia
AW Moderator

Sophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Going all out on breaking RYFW is a key part of what earns you the Oscar of flouncing. Break it hard, break it LOUD.

References to the members: if female, they must be referred to as either frustrated housewives, brainless teenagers or "menopausing". Menopausing gets Big Points.

Male members (snerk) are referred to as frustrated, jerks, know-it-alls, know-nothings, arrogant, teenagers, or out-of-touch.

You can, of course, pick 'n' mix from the above to apply to any member.

For optional crossing-the-line points, imply sexual inadequacy, lack of sexual knowledge, and deviancy. Paint a mental image of your target member sniffing the glue in the binding of their hardcover while posting one-handed. State that that hardcover is Twilight, 50 Shades of Grey or any Dan Brown novel for an extra tiresomeness point.
Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:23 PM   #353
shakeysix
blue eyed floozy

shakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
and don't forget the stress errors on the keys--ss
shakeysix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:31 PM   #354
BigWords
Geekzilla

BigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Everyone knows flouncing is all about the exclamation marks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbielleRose View Post
Dude, I am not that flexible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
The SFF Review Educational Supplement is now open. I'll be listing books, podcasts, online courses and anything else that aims to help the SFF writer improve their skills, provided they're free. (the books, podcasts, online courses and anything else, not the writers)

The British Comics Database is growing. Or mutating. I'm not quite sure which, yet.
BigWords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:21 PM   #355
christwriter
Resistance is Everything

christwriter has a spectacular aurachristwriter has a spectacular aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockweaver View Post
bows to the greatness that is Christwriter... bravo.. bravo... you deserve an gold star for that fine bit of temper tantrim demonstration. damn you must spend time chatting with my daughters
I cut my e-teeth on Deviantart. The flouncing there defines epic.
christwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:44 PM   #356
ap123
Twitching

ap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by christwriter View Post

with a serving of glitter.
^^This made the whole rant for me. I would bow, but my bones are a bit creaky today.

Try it, you might like it. Blogging life in the big city with Mrs Fringe.
ap123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:29 AM   #357
MMcDonald64
permaflounced

MMcDonald64 is well-respected
I want to flounce. I am actually looking for a way to delete my account here. Can someone point me in the right direction?
MMcDonald64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:43 AM   #358
AW Admin
Whose amusement exceeds all known standards of propriety
AW Paladin

AW Admin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAW Admin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAW Admin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAW Admin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAW Admin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAW Admin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAW Admin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAW Admin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAW Admin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAW Admin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAW Admin is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMcDonald64 View Post
I want to flounce. I am actually looking for a way to delete my account here. Can someone point me in the right direction?
FAQ: How Do I Delete My Account

We don't delete accounts. But I can help you find the door.

Look! FAQs !!! OMG Eleventy

This is Medievalist in an Official Capacity. She is not Herself.
AW Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:00 AM   #359
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMcDonald64 View Post
That actually turned out to be quite an effective flounce. Kudos!

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

Haggis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:14 AM   #360
Elenielwen
An adorable kitten

Elenielwen is on a distinguished road
Talking Perfect! love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Harrison View Post
10. My Doctor Says AW is Bad For Me.

Due to the extremely high stress of reading the selfish and hurtful posts on this forum, I have developed NEPS (Nervous Ear Pulling Syndrome). Although rarely fatal (one guy lost his balance free-climbing), it can be painful and debilitating, and the healing process is always interrupted by more ear pulling. I really want to stay and defend those who are being picked on, but I just can't take it anymore.
Just wished to say after reading this I was smiling and laughing for minutes. It's perfect, simply perfect!
Elenielwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #361
Pj Little
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Pj Little is on a distinguished road
Hmmmm

Not something easily undone, but there is a sewing technique to make a flounce. It has nothing to do with getting in a snit and stomping out of a room. But... the process of creating a perfect flounce may cause one to seriously consider it.
Pj Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:21 PM   #362
shakeysix
blue eyed floozy

shakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I saw an interesting one the other day. --:"you people make Jesus cry!" the topic was politics! --s6

Last edited by shakeysix; 03-15-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #363
Chris P
Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred

Chris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Can someone please forward me the issue of the newsletter where this week was declared "Convince Chris P He's a Lousy Writer Week"? All the agents, editors, and customers seem to have gotten theirs. Thanks all.

Resingled Querying!
Nyasaland Undergoing major repairs.
WIP: Cloak of Iron. WWI Sci-fi. It's got tanks. And holograms. 43,000 words.
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:04 AM   #364
mirandashell
I was only joking! Honest!

mirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
My favourite is still 'This place is more hostile than Afghanistan!'
Old 07-08-2013, 12:43 AM   #365
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirandashell View Post
Obviously they must have spent too much time in the poetry forum.
Haggis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:54 AM   #366
ap123
Twitching

ap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsap123 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Wondering what it says about me that I always smile when I see this thread pop up.

I want to be a nice person.

Really.

I try.

Sometimes.

Try it, you might like it. Blogging life in the big city with Mrs Fringe.
ap123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:47 AM   #367
Billtrumpet25
Gaze upon my shih-tzu powers!

Billtrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
*quickly runs over to the poetry forum with a bag of popcorn and waits patiently*.

War of the Wizard (Book 1): undergoing editing

The Wizard's Curse (Book 2): 60% complete

"The Dark Ages: Life With a Bipolar (WIP-narrative nonfiction of my experiences with my bipolar dad, and how to deal with the bp dis.'s turbulence.

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view...45&trk=tab_pro

https://twitter.com/BillFitzgibbons
Billtrumpet25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:10 AM   #368
Liralen
Miss Conceived

Liralen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLiralen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLiralen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLiralen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLiralen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLiralen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLiralen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLiralen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLiralen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLiralen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLiralen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Obviously they've never been on a dog forum.

Can you find the Pitbull?

WIP ~ The Black Dog Dialogues: At the raw, dark fringes of exhaustion, there is The Black Dog
Liralen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #369
poetinahat
on holiday
SuperModerator

poetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
Who can take an emo-o-o-o
sprinkle it with angst
(and if you find a rhyme for this
you won't get any thangst)
Afghanistan man
Afghanistan man
Afghanistan man, 'cause he knows you'll love his po'm
and if you don't, you shoooould

poetinahat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:28 AM   #370
Mr Flibble
They've been very bad, Mr Flibble

Location: We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the mess?
Mr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinahat View Post
Who can take an emo-o-o-o
sprinkle it with angst
(and if you find a rhyme for this
you won't get any thangst)
Afghanistan man
Afghanistan man
Afghanistan man, 'cause he knows you'll love his po'm
and if you don't, you shoooould
I'm hearing this in a hippy/jazz sort of voice...

"Fade to Black is a dynamic and original introduction to a world and character that promise further exciting stories". British Fantasy Society

The series has grown in complexity since the beginning, reaches a profoundly moving conclusion that is both unexpected and entirely satisfying - Publisher's Weekly

Twitter
Mr Flibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:56 AM   #371
ElaineA
Back in the saddle

ElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You should be hearing Sammy Davis, Jr Jr, man. He's the coolest cat around, man. He can rhyme Afghanistan with man, man and angst with thankst. The COOLEST.

*waves cigarette around spewing ash all over the baby blue leisure suit before flouncing out of the thread*

OuttaMyLaine, m' blog

Old 07-30-2013, 06:54 AM   #372
mccardey
I'm writing. Undistractable.

mccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrosia View Post
That high? I was thinking 2/10.
I don't usually score flounces but I'm giving this a 9/10 and because it's an open-door flounce and we don't see enough of those. When I flounce it will be an open door flounce: that way I can come back in again later and everyone will just pretend they didn't notice.

I hate slammed door flounces. I always think the person is standing just outside the door, feeling sad.

mccardey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:18 PM   #373
J.S.F.
practical experience, FTW

J.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I have always thought of flouncing out as an art form. It takes talent, it takes caps, and it takes a lot of glitter to just let it all hang out before being shown the door.

On another training forum I frequent, being banned is a sign of honor for some. Usually it's by posting a number of inappropriate .gifs, or goat porn--don't ask--or pictures of Winnie the Pooh.

One moderator there banned a fairly well-respected poster for putting up a picture of Winnie with the caption "Have a blustery day" on it. I simply didn't get it, but the guy got banned for a month before being allowed back on the forum.

Be blustery. Bluster, fluster, and flounce your way to immortality. I'll have to keep that as my motto if the day ever comes.
J.S.F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:02 AM   #374
Torgo
Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
AW Moderator

Torgo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTorgo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTorgo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTorgo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTorgo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTorgo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTorgo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTorgo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTorgo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTorgo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTorgo is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I've been seeing some weak flounces recently. I am beginning to think the golden age of flouncing is over. I mean, 5/10 is the highest I've gone for years.
Torgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:08 AM   #375
shakeysix
blue eyed floozy

Yeah--I witnessed a disappointingly flat one just this week. I did enjoy the "Don't let the e-door slam you in the e-ass" speeches after the fact--s6