Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Sports and Fitness
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 12:24 AM   #676
mirandashell
I was only joking! Honest!

mirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The fightback starts here?

My Etsy shop!
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/UmptyOriginals
Goths available now, Geeks and Princesses very soon!
mirandashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:33 AM   #677
thothguard51
A Gentleman of a refined age...

thothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Seattles defense just does not look as sharp as they have been. Maybe two road playoff games is taking its toll...

On the offensive side, Wilson is starting to make plays with his legs...

20-7 Atlanta still, but Atlanta is moving the ball...

Currently working on...

From, The Tales of Netherron,
Book 1, A Game of Pawns
Book 2, Pawn takes Queen,
Book 3, Pawn's Gambit,

In the pipeline,
Children of Netherron, follow up trilogy
Guardians of Netherron, prequel trilogy

http://nickanthony51.wordpress.com (on hiatus)

Nick Anthony
thothguard51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:46 AM   #678
mirandashell

mirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I should just stay quiet, shouldn't I?

My Etsy shop!
Old 01-14-2013, 01:00 AM   #679
mirandashell

Then again...... maybe not!

My Etsy shop!
Old 01-14-2013, 01:41 AM   #680
mirandashell

Well! Who'd a thunk it?

How much pressure on that kick?

My Etsy shop!
Old 01-14-2013, 02:21 AM   #681
benluby
practical experience, FTW

benluby has a spectacular aurabenluby has a spectacular aura
So Atlanta finally wins a playoff game. Next week should be interesting. And now I get to watch the Texans and Pats. Come on Pats.
benluby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:23 AM   #682
mirandashell

You should have stuck around for the second half. Hell of a game!

My Etsy shop!
Old 01-14-2013, 02:29 AM   #683
Shadow Dragon
the philosophical pegasus

Shadow Dragon should run for PresidentShadow Dragon should run for PresidentShadow Dragon should run for PresidentShadow Dragon should run for PresidentShadow Dragon should run for PresidentShadow Dragon should run for President
Got to give the Seahawks credit for making a comeback and taking the lead for a short bit of time. They're going to be a tough team to stop next year now that Russel has a bit more experience.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:33 AM   #684
mirandashell

This Pats game is dull.

My Etsy shop!
Old 01-14-2013, 03:16 AM   #685
benluby

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirandashell View Post
You should have stuck around for the second half. Hell of a game!
Damn wife and kids like to eat once in a while, and the electric company actually makes me pay for it!!! Gestapo mother....I'll stop here.
Part of the joys of being self employed in a market that is just horrible right now.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:26 AM   #686
Ed Panther
Banned

Ed Panther is on a distinguished road
Tom Brady typically has 4-8 seconds to throw, and always has a wide open receiver about 8 yards down field on either a slant or crossing pattern.
Ed Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:41 AM   #687
benluby

Texans are in for a long, sad flight home.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:48 AM   #688
Ed Panther
Banned

It's so obvious during Patriots games that the commentators want the Patriots to win. Earlier in the game the Patriots had a 20 yard run and the commentator freaked out more during the play than the commentators did last night on the Ravens 70 yard touchdown to Jacoby Jones.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:53 AM   #689
Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon should run for PresidentShadow Dragon should run for PresidentShadow Dragon should run for PresidentShadow Dragon should run for PresidentShadow Dragon should run for PresidentShadow Dragon should run for President
Barring a miracle, it's going to be the Patriots hosting the Ravens in the AFC championship for the second year in a row. Wonder if that's ever happened before.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:13 AM   #690
Ed Panther
Banned

What do you know? Brady bailed out by a bogus defensive holding penalty. How typical. He continues his legacy.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:32 AM   #691
benluby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Panther View Post
What do you know? Brady bailed out by a bogus defensive holding penalty. How typical. He continues his legacy.
Bogus? Welker was nearly giving the guy a piggy back ride.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:30 AM   #692
Ed Panther
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by benluby View Post
Bogus? Welker was nearly giving the guy a piggy back ride.
But the ball was deflected, touched by a defender first so contact is allowed.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:38 AM   #693
benluby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Panther View Post
But the ball was deflected, touched by a defender first so contact is allowed.
Which is why the call was holding instead of pass interference. It was actually a sound call.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:04 PM   #694
mirandashell

Have to admit, I didn't stick around to hear the second half. I always find Pats games a bit dull, tbh. Although that may have been because of the radio commentators.

My Etsy shop!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:53 PM   #695
Lavern08
When All Else Fails, Lavern ItŠ

Lavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Dragon View Post

Got to give the Seahawks credit for making a comeback and taking the lead for a short bit of time.
I agree - It made for a very interesting game.

Kylabelle:
Laverning is how I get through the long days... (Don't ask about the long nights, just don't)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiddlywinks View Post

Whoo-hoo! I got Laverned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailD View Post
You haven't lived 'til you've been Laverned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
We've all been Laverned and we love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Rob View Post
Okay! I confess! I was Laverned in the library with the lead pipe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostposts View Post
I was Laverned in the office with a monogrammed bed pan.
Lavern08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:56 PM   #696
kenthepen

kenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I was relieved... thought the Falcons had blown it out their collective... defense. Good save.

Unlike Bronco's jaw-droppingly bad secondary play.

ETA: I agree with the holding call; overall there was a definite lack of such penalties called in ALL the games this weekend. Sure, there's "letting them play," but when it has such a huge effect on the game? CALL 'EM.

Severe allergic reaction to the slightest traces of reality

Kenneth Folta available on Smashwords
kenthepen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:12 PM   #697
Ed Panther
Banned

I wonder how many times against the Ravens Hernandez will be allowed to run 12 yards down field, pancake a defender, and then catch the ball wife open and not get called for offensive PI? That's exactly what happened on the 43 yard play that led to the Patriots touchdown after halftime. I wonder how differently the game would've been if the Texans got the ball back down 17-13 (what should've happened) instead of 24-13.

The texans sure did collapse though. They lost to the Colts by double digits in the last game of the season, when a win would've given them a first week bye. They were probably the 2nd worst of the 12 playoff teams, and third worst if RG3 wasn't injured.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:52 PM   #698
Gilroy Cullen
Gilroy's Unlicensed Therapy Center

Gilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Okay, my predictions:

49ers 35 Falcons 17

Ravens 20 Patriots 12

Superbowl:

Ravens 24 49ers 21

Braving SYW:
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...d.php?t=279131
A writer's journey is like life - no two are entirely alike.
Gilroy Cullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:52 AM   #699
Shadow Dragon

If the Ravens to beat the Patriots, it'll definitely be an interesting match up no matter which NFC team they face. On the one hand, you have the Harbaugh-bowl. On the other hand, with the Ravens vs Falcons, you get two quarterbacks that were drafting the same year in the first round going against each other.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #700
mirandashell

I'm going for the Niners to win the Bowl.

My Etsy shop!