Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 09:17 PM   #19726
ladybritches
late to the party

ladybritches is a shiny, shiny jewelladybritches is a shiny, shiny jewel
You have no reason to hide, Parumpdragon. The blurbs, trailers, and covers were well done, and hopefully getting featured like this will get you some new readers.

I'd never seen your youtube author introduction before. I liked it. The thought of doing that kind of stuff scares the bejeebers out of me, but you made it look easy.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:49 PM   #19727
Dorothy
practical experience, FTW

Dorothy is a glorious beacon of lightDorothy is a glorious beacon of lightDorothy is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by parumpdragon View Post
The links are : http://melindadozier.blogspot.com/ and http://stbende.blogspot.com/

There's a longer blurb for Magic&Meru included on both blogs - giving a bit more of the plot away than I have before. lol

[and thanks, still wanna hide though]
Awesome! I commented on both blogs. Yay for you!

MY SISTER'S REAPER (YA Urban Fantasy) out now from Month9Books
MY TETHERED SOUL releasing June 10, 2014.

Follow me on Twitter
Come like my fanpage

Check out my blog: We Do Write
Old 01-15-2013, 10:27 PM   #19728
parumpdragon
Just chick n it

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
Awesome! I commented on both blogs. Yay for you!
Thanks!

Yeah, the ladies surprised me yesterday with 2 emails saying they wanted to put it up.

Very cool, but still a little flabbergasted.

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:36 PM   #19729
JKRowley

JKRowley is on a distinguished road
Yay, parump. Your books are getting some attention (as they should. Those are some great covers, premises, blurbs, etc...)

Publishing is scary. I never realized how exposed I would feel after years of writing in obscurity, and I am still in relative obscurity. Imagine how the breakout authors feel.

I may fantasize about how they feel a little too often. LOL.

Twitter - @MoonOverMadison
Blog - http://jillysbookblog.blogspot.com
Old 01-15-2013, 11:20 PM   #19730
wampuscat
Recovering adjective addict

wampuscat should run for Presidentwampuscat should run for Presidentwampuscat should run for Presidentwampuscat should run for Presidentwampuscat should run for Presidentwampuscat should run for President
Quote:
Yay!
Old 01-15-2013, 11:45 PM   #19731
parumpdragon
Just chick n it

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKRowley View Post
Yay, parump. Your books are getting some attention (as they should. Those are some great covers, premises, blurbs, etc...)

Publishing is scary. I never realized how exposed I would feel after years of writing in obscurity, and I am still in relative obscurity. Imagine how the breakout authors feel.

I may fantasize about how they feel a little too often. LOL.
Aw thanks

yeah, I don't think I'd want all that break-out publicity. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by wampuscat View Post
Yay!
thanks

Goodreads

Old 01-16-2013, 01:34 AM   #19732
nightowling
Maybe it was Utah.

nightowling is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewii View Post
I watch Nashville as well I'm a big fan of Connie Britton, loved her since Friday Night Lights.

So get this. The place I live has now declared that any mixed marriages that have taken place after January 2010 have to be approved.

From the article:

“The number of such marriages has reached high figures in recent years and there is a need to address the increasingly worrying issue of Kuwaiti women not getting married. The decision is also driven by security concerns amid worries that some of the marriages were based on common interests and not on forming families,” the sources said.

Not sure what this will mean for me and hubby, but he's trying to look into it.
I hope everything will be ok for you and your husband, Kewii.

Congrats on the blog features, parumpdragon!
Old 01-16-2013, 02:16 AM   #19733
JKRowley

JKRowley is on a distinguished road
Kewii, who has to approve the marriages? That sounds so strange, particularly the worry that marriages could be based on common interests rather than forming families. Having common interests seems a natural part of the attraction.

Are you a native to Kuwait? Is your hubby?

Twitter - @MoonOverMadison
Blog - http://jillysbookblog.blogspot.com
Old 01-16-2013, 03:05 AM   #19734
mellymel
I find ur lack of faith disturbing

Location: I'm not sure, but if you find me, for the love of God, please let me know!
mellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
The links are : http://melindadozier.blogspot.com/ and http://stbende.blogspot.com/

There's a longer blurb for Magic&Meru included on both blogs - giving a bit more of the plot away than I have before. lol

[and thanks, still wanna hide though]
So exciting! I commented on both. Congrats on all the great things happening for you this year!!!

WIP: YA Psychological Thriller--Forever--Ready to query!

Old 01-16-2013, 03:06 AM   #19735
mellymel
I find ur lack of faith disturbing

Location: I'm not sure, but if you find me, for the love of God, please let me know!
mellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewii View Post
So get this. The place I live has now declared that any mixed marriages that have taken place after January 2010 have to be approved.

From the article:

“The number of such marriages has reached high figures in recent years and there is a need to address the increasingly worrying issue of Kuwaiti women not getting married. The decision is also driven by security concerns amid worries that some of the marriages were based on common interests and not on forming families,” the sources said.

Not sure what this will mean for me and hubby, but he's trying to look into it.
Why does this make me so very sad?

WIP: YA Psychological Thriller--Forever--Ready to query!

Old 01-16-2013, 04:44 AM   #19736
parumpdragon
Just chick n it

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowling View Post
I hope everything will be ok for you and your husband, Kewii.

Congrats on the blog features, parumpdragon!
Thanks!

Yeah, hope things work out okay Kewii

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellymel View Post
So exciting! I commented on both. Congrats on all the great things happening for you this year!!!

Aw, thanks

Goodreads

Old 01-16-2013, 12:49 PM   #19737
Kewii

Kewii is a shiny, shiny jewelKewii is a shiny, shiny jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKRowley View Post
Kewii, who has to approve the marriages? That sounds so strange, particularly the worry that marriages could be based on common interests rather than forming families. Having common interests seems a natural part of the attraction.

Are you a native to Kuwait? Is your hubby?

The government has formed a committee and all mixed marriages will have to be approved by them. I'm not quite sure who is on the committee, but we're trying to find out now.

My husband is Kuwaiti, which is why we're worried. We need our marriage to be recognized here and are going through that process right now. He's waiting to hear back from his company about what we need to do. But it sounds like we'll have to hire a lawyer.

I completely agree with how ridiculous this is. I can't imagine this happening anywhere else in the world without huge backlash. Even here there's some backlash, but they're keeping the new law kind of hush hush.

"You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve."
-J.K Rowling

My New Blog

I'm (Gonna) NaNo

Old 01-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #19738
parumpdragon
Just chick n it

Hope everything goes well Kewii.

Goodreads

Old 01-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #19739
Stuck In Kansas

Stuck In Kansas has a spectacular aura
Kewii! I can't believe crap like that's still going on these days! Good luck to you and your husband. Fight the ignorance!

Parump! Magic and Menu's cover is a beaut. Good luck and congrats.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:55 PM   #19740
parumpdragon
Just chick n it

Thanks!

Goodreads

Old 01-16-2013, 07:03 PM   #19741
Kitty27
So Goth That I Was Born Black
AW Moderator

Kitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Kewii,I am sending positive vibes to you and hubby. That is absolutely insane.

Parump,those covers are PURTY!

NIGHT CALLS(Finally have a title! )YA Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy Novel,Coming 2014.
Vampire Writer 4 life and don't GAF.

"You've got to stop with this rap crap,Kitty. Put on some blues,gal! Feel that pain,soul and a good old time. Get with some Howling Wolf,Denise LaSalle and Johnny Taylor. Not that Snoopy boy or whatever his name is."
RC Wilcox,RIP

Old 01-16-2013, 07:10 PM   #19742
parumpdragon
Just chick n it

Thanks, my cover artist did a great job interpreting/portraying the stories. She is a master

Goodreads

Old 01-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #19743
Smiley0501
Lurker, now activated. :-)

Smiley0501 leaves trails of profuse coolnessSmiley0501 leaves trails of profuse coolnessSmiley0501 leaves trails of profuse coolnessSmiley0501 leaves trails of profuse coolnessSmiley0501 leaves trails of profuse coolness
((Kewii))

Hey guys - sorry I haven't been around. Been seeing a lot of friends, baking cookies with them, and revising. LOL revising.... It never ends! I'm suspecting though that this is my last pass, so *cross fingers*

Places you can find me other than AW:
Blog!
Twitter (tweet tweet)

YA Contemporary: (52,000) Querying. *bites nails*
V!0L3NT D3L!GHTS: (70,800) Trunked.
TH3 R0S3 K!NGD0M: (74,000) Trunked forever.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #19744
Dorothy

Dorothy is a glorious beacon of lightDorothy is a glorious beacon of lightDorothy is a glorious beacon of light
Hugs, Kewii!

MY SISTER'S REAPER (YA Urban Fantasy) out now from Month9Books
MY TETHERED SOUL releasing June 10, 2014.

Follow me on Twitter
Come like my fanpage

Check out my blog: We Do Write
Old 01-17-2013, 03:11 AM   #19745
JSSchley
Have Harp Will Travel

JSSchley is a glorious beacon of lightJSSchley is a glorious beacon of light
Hugs, Kewii! That sounds like a nightmare. Keep us posted, and I hope it all turns out well.

And parump, yay for the reveals! It took me a day to get around to comments. Sowwy.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:12 AM   #19746
Sage
Hero, villain, angel, demon
AW Moderator

Sage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Okay, today I am definitely working on TM. My goal is to finish these revisions tomorrow.

I am not allowed to do the voice-game-fanfic-reading thing I've been doing. But I am also distracted by Amazon today, thanks to money I got for things I had to return for Christmas (duplicates).

Read the crits! The Beta Project (password: beta)

Love Sucks - now available at Musa Publishing, B&N, and Amazon

"Fireflies" -Absolute Visions

Taylor-Made: Overhaul in progress!

Hero/Villain Series:
Hero/Villain - minor tweaking needed
Master/Puppet - 5566 words
Super/Human - Plotting (832 words)

A Paranormal Bromance - waiting for 2nd revision
Old 01-17-2013, 03:51 AM   #19747
wampuscat
Recovering adjective addict

wampuscat should run for Presidentwampuscat should run for Presidentwampuscat should run for Presidentwampuscat should run for Presidentwampuscat should run for Presidentwampuscat should run for President
I hope it all turns out ok, Kewii!
Old 01-17-2013, 04:08 AM   #19748
parumpdragon
Just chick n it

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSSchley View Post
And parump, yay for the reveals! It took me a day to get around to comments. Sowwy.
Thanks, you're good. I was just thrilled they wanted to put the covers up

Goodreads

Old 01-17-2013, 04:39 AM   #19749
Sage
AW Moderator

Sage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ugh, Kewii, I hope everything works out

Hero/Villain Series:

Old 01-17-2013, 05:25 AM   #19750
Sage
AW Moderator

Totally undecided on a stupid edit, sigh

Hero/Villain Series:

Closed Thread