Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Discussion > Bewares, Recommendations & Background Check
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 11:02 PM   #26
triceretops
Super Browser

triceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumplet View Post
WHY DID I NOT SEE THIS BEFORE???? I'm going to submit my previously pubbed romance that doesn't have a current home. But first, I'll go over it because I wrote it a gazillion years ago. I'm sure it can use some grooming.
I'm right behind you, Chumpy. Just sent in my thriller on the form to the Alibi line.

Just about every major pub house are creating digital imprints.
triceretops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:34 AM   #27
Chumplet
This hat is getting too hot

Chumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Request for a partial/synopsis. POW!

Good luck on yours, Tri!

My Blog
My Website
I'm a Twit, too

Chumplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:09 AM   #28
seaaircarol
Whose Idea Was This?

seaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good luck, guys!

Storybook Love: A romance novella set at a storybook park.

Something Old, Something New: A short romance set at a storybook park.

www.carolayer.com
seaaircarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:05 AM   #29
WriterWho
Edit . . . Edit . . . Edit . . .

WriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good luck to both of you!
WriterWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:08 AM   #30
triceretops
Super Browser

triceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumplet View Post
Request for a partial/synopsis. POW!

Good luck on yours, Tri!
Oh, you lucky little devil you! Wonderful, Chumpy. Let us know how this turns out.

tri
Old 01-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #31
WriterWho
Edit . . . Edit . . . Edit . . .

WriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann_Mayburn View Post
MS was sent to Loveswept and the lady heading up that line, Sue Grimshaw, has a great reputation in the romance community.

I got my R from Flirt last night. *sigh* As a side note, I did think it was interesting the email came from Sue Grimshaw. Maybe, she's heading up both Loveswept and Flirt?
WriterWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:15 PM   #32
seaaircarol
Whose Idea Was This?

seaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by WriterWho View Post
I got my R from Flirt last night. *sigh* As a side note, I did think it was interesting the email came from Sue Grimshaw. Maybe, she's heading up both Loveswept and Flirt?
Sorry to hear that, WriterWho.

www.carolayer.com
Old 01-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #33
triceretops
Super Browser

Pulled a full request here for the thriller. That was nice!
Old 01-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #34
seaaircarol
Whose Idea Was This?

Way to go, Tri!

Good luck!

www.carolayer.com
Old 01-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #35
Toni1953
practical experience, FTW

Toni1953 is a glorious beacon of lightToni1953 is a glorious beacon of lightToni1953 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by triceretops View Post
Pulled a full request here for the thriller. That was nice!

Congrats!
Coming 2014 from Berkley Prime Crime: MEOW IF ITS MURDER
The First Nick & Nora Mystery!
Toni1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:53 AM   #36
Chumplet
This hat is getting too hot

Chumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
A kind rejection to my partial. Well, it WAS my first book. I have another I can try.

Tri, full request? Way to go!

My Blog
My Website
I'm a Twit, too

Chumplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:58 PM   #37
triceretops
Super Browser

Belated thanks, Chump. This book got me 4.5 agent offers but that was after four months of sending out 440 submissions. My agent and I still think it shines, but who knows.

tri
Old 03-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #38
James D. Macdonald
Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage

James D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I've broken Hydra/Flirt/Alibi into their own thread.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:57 PM   #39
triceretops
Super Browser

Thanks, Jim. Good idea.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #40
James D. Macdonald
Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage

James D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Suvudu Universe: Yet another bad/exploitative idea from Random House.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:33 PM   #41
gingerwoman
Wicked Safari release date March3rd

gingerwoman is a splendid one to beholdgingerwoman is a splendid one to beholdgingerwoman is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by James D. Macdonald View Post
Suvudu Universe: Yet another bad/exploitative idea from Random House.
Oh wow, that blog!

To find actively acquiring publishers and agents visit my blog
http://lisawhitefern.wordpress.com/
gingerwoman is offline   Reply With Quote