Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > International District
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2013, 01:08 PM   #26
French Maiden
practical experience, FTW

French Maiden has earned our admirationFrench Maiden has earned our admirationFrench Maiden has earned our admirationFrench Maiden has earned our admiration
Quote:
Originally Posted by James simpson View Post
One thing you have forgotten on your list is the ability to sprint while wearing thongs.
Absolutelly you can. And you know you can fix them with a bread bag clip when they break.

(For all those who think we're talking about underwear. Thongs are otherwise known as flip flops in America I believe.)
French Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #27
French Maiden

French Maiden has earned our admirationFrench Maiden has earned our admirationFrench Maiden has earned our admirationFrench Maiden has earned our admiration
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger J Carlson View Post
I had an Aussie Whopper at Hungry Jacks when I visited Syndey. It was great. I also had an Aussie burger at a little restaurant on Shelley Beach (north of Manly). It was better.

On thing I regret, though, was I never tried Vegemite, even though it was on the breakfast table every morning.
They really are better arent they. I mean a whopper will do if you cant be arsed making one yourself, but there really is nothing like the real thing.

I think the problem a lot of tourists make is thet they think you can spread vegemite thick like you can peanut butter. Well you can if you want (I personally do, coz I LOVE it) but if you're just getting started you just have a tiny bit for the whole of a piece of toast.
It's not something you can eat off a spoon. I'm sure there are people who do it, but I wouldnt recomend it. Not unless you want your taste buds to shrivvel and die.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #28
blacbird
That hairy-handed gent

blacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
. . . when you know what 'chunder' and 'drongo' mean.

caw
Old 01-20-2013, 10:13 AM   #29
Cliff Face
Meet Jill, the goth guitar!

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
When you've had a drongo chunder on you.

Ick!
The Anger That Drives Me To Heresy
Cliff Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #30
French Maiden

Seen my baby bro today. He's a bit of a drongo and alcho combined.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:02 PM   #31
niteshift

niteshift is on a distinguished road

cheers, ( double ) niteshift
niteshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:10 PM   #32
French Maiden

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY

Sorry it's late.
Hope everyone had a fantastic day and enjoyed the beautiful weather we've been having.

What did you all get up to?
Me, I read a book and had a barbie with the fam.

Enjoy the long weekend!

(And I hope all the QLDers are safe and sound after all those tornadoes went through.)

Last edited by French Maiden; 01-27-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:04 AM   #33
Cliff Face

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Had a BBQ with family then played cards while watching the cricket.

Speaking of Queensland, 5 members of my family are going up there on Tuesday. Hopefully they don't run into any horrendous weather.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:10 AM   #34
franky_s

franky_s is on a distinguished road
I've been very lucky. Even managed to keep the power on.

Cliff face, the weather should have died down by then but there will probably still be flooding around SEQ to watch out for.
franky_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:13 AM   #35
Cliff Face

Yeah, I think mum's on the phone to the rest of them now, making up their minds whether they still want to go or not. They'll be in SEQ, I think, so yeah...

And apart from mum, they're all senior citizens, one with a walker. So going to a wet and windy place probably isn't a smart decision.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #36
French Maiden

Hope the weather has cleared up by the time your fam go Cliff Face.

My big bro is in Townsville with the Army, but I believe the tornadoes were firther south.

I dont know exactly, I'm in the west so where I am we dont get disasters like that. - Thank goodness.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:57 AM   #37
Cliff Face

Well, it looks like they're still going on the trip. Mum rang the place they're staying, and the guy there said there was nothing to worry about.

They'll be there for 10 days, so a lot could change while they're up there... But it'll be nice to have the house to myself for a while, even if I have to take care of the animals.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:32 PM   #38
French Maiden

Animals are great company, sometimes I think better than people.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:15 AM   #39
cooeedownunder
Grateful for the day

cooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
French Maiden, I'll drink to that first post. It was bloody brilliant!

Help raise awareness for my missing sister, Tracey, by joining her facebook page - A Missing Person

FACEBOOK Blog Goodreads
------------------------------------

A Woman Transported Kindle

Unforgivable Kindle

Last edited by cooeedownunder; 02-09-2013 at 10:02 AM.
cooeedownunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:43 AM   #40
French Maiden

Thanks Cooee Of course I didnt write it, but thought it was bloody briliant.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:57 AM   #41
French Maiden

I was just going through an Aussie Slang dictionary http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html. I didnt realise just how much we have, and how much I use.
It's incredible, half of it I wouldnt consider slang, just every day talk for me.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:50 AM   #42
Rufus Coppertop
Kissy kissy! Numnumnum!

Rufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Is anyone in Melbourne fed up with summer yet? I know I am.

Last edited by Rufus Coppertop; 02-09-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Rufus Coppertop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #43
Cliff Face

I'm always fed up with Summer, even in Winter.

But I'm from Adelaide, so I don't count.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #44
Rufus Coppertop
Kissy kissy! Numnumnum!

Rufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
If you're in Adelaide, you don't even get a winter. Not even the sort of half-arsed mediocrities of winters we have to settle for in Melbourne.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #45
cooeedownunder
Grateful for the day

cooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I hate the cold. But lately feel as though I might as well have moved south as summer seems to have greatly passed us again, except for those few hot days.

Help raise awareness for my missing sister, Tracey, by joining her facebook page - A Missing Person

FACEBOOK Blog Goodreads
------------------------------------

A Woman Transported Kindle

Unforgivable Kindle
cooeedownunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #46
French Maiden

Tell me about it, I'm in WA and it's sooo stinkin' hot. I may become a semi nudist colony later today.

It's gonna be 38 today and 42 tomorrow - Argh! Kill me now!

Having said that, I dont like the rain wither though. Give me beautiful spring weather with temp of between 23-27 and I'm happy.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #47
Cliff Face

15-21C is much better if you ask me.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #48
French Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Face View Post
15-21C is much better if you ask me.
As long as there is no rain
Old 02-10-2013, 01:59 AM   #49
Cliff Face

I never used to be bothered by rain until I started drinking alcohol... Then one day, when I was 18, I went for a walk at night with some friends and it was raining. I had to borrow someone's jumper because I was shaking and my teeth were chattering!

Ever since then, cold weather + rain will make me cold, but cold weather on its own is wonderful.

Strangely, one of the people I was walking with loves rain, but hates the cold. So she was dancing in the rain while I was huddled up in someone's jumper.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:47 AM   #50
SkyeOhWhy
hopelessly devoted to crumpets

SkyeOhWhy is well-respected
I'm hopeless in the cold. My fingers swell up (think enormous red sausages) and it's painful to even hold a pen. Needless to say, I haven't enjoyed June exam periods over the last few years!

I'm happiest with temps in the high 20s/ low 30s.

(YA Fantasy Random House AU)

TwitterFacebookWebsite

SkyeOhWhy is offline   Reply With Quote