Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Poetry
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 02:25 AM   #8726
Putputt
boop boop

Putputt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPutputt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPutputt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPutputt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPutputt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPutputt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPutputt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPutputt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPutputt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPutputt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPutputt is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
beneath Earth's red rust
single thought uncurls, stretching--
only to be squashed
me: what weird sexytimes stuff have i asked for!!!!!

corny
: you know...

when you wanted me to....
use my edges to...
"scratch your itch"

Twitter

Repped by SLA
Putputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:36 AM   #8727
dfwtinman
Benefactor Member

dfwtinman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdfwtinman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdfwtinman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdfwtinman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdfwtinman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdfwtinman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdfwtinman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdfwtinman is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
only to be squashed
by the Hulk or his buddy
hero, Iron Man

Marcel Proust
dfwtinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #8728
kkbe
Huh.

kkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hero, Iron man,
frightened little boy rewrites
his own short story

Last edited by kkbe; 01-24-2013 at 01:36 PM.
kkbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:42 PM   #8729
Putputt
boop boop

Putputt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPutputt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPutputt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPutputt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPutputt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPutputt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPutputt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPutputt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPutputt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPutputt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPutputt is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
his own short story
is garbled junk, total mess
will nothing save it?

corny

use my edges to...
"scratch your itch"

Twitter

Repped by SLA
Old 01-24-2013, 09:32 PM   #8730
onestepp
practical experience, FTW

onestepp is a glorious beacon of lightonestepp is a glorious beacon of lightonestepp is a glorious beacon of light
will nothing save it
curled wilted cracked wee petals
ideas plant within
onestepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:16 PM   #8731
zanzjan
Hark the hotdog soda olive grape!
AW Moderator

zanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
ideas plant within
strife, grow in conflict, harvest
as bittersweet fruit.
zanzjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:56 AM   #8732
Paddlefish
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Paddlefish is on a distinguished road
As bittersweet fruit
These winter sighs swell, ripen
In gardens of ice
Paddlefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:02 AM   #8733
theDolphin
Aquarius

theDolphin is on a distinguished road
In gardens of ice
the fortress of solitude
prisms multiply

hehe

sparrow in the treetop - tweet, tweet!

Jennifer Rockwell on Goodreads

A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song.
Maya Angelou
theDolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:00 AM   #8734
Paul
Banned for Trolling

Paul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
prisms multiply,
reflecting each dull corner
of my prison state
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #8735
Paddlefish

Paddlefish is on a distinguished road
Of my prison state
Habit is the capital
Hung with dusty crepe
Paddlefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:19 PM   #8736
theDolphin
Aquarius

theDolphin is on a distinguished road
Hung with dusty crepe
and upholstered in velvet
parlor memories

sparrow in the treetop - tweet, tweet!

Jennifer Rockwell on Goodreads

A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song.
Maya Angelou
theDolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:33 PM   #8737
zanzjan
AW Moderator

zanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Parlor memories:
worn sofa, crocheted blanket,
your arms warm around me.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:50 PM   #8738
kkbe
Huh.

kkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskkbe is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Your arms warm around me.
I almost believe you care
for me, Christian Grey.

hehe
Old 01-25-2013, 07:34 PM   #8739
Putputt
boop boop

for me, Christian Grey
is best played by Matt Bomer
o chiselled man-god

corny

use my edges to...
"scratch your itch"

Twitter

Repped by SLA
Old 01-26-2013, 12:22 AM   #8740
Paul
Banned for Trolling

Paul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
o chiselled man-god
how come you are on your Sloan
Tod? Ye god. Ye clod.

Last edited by Paul; 01-26-2013 at 02:58 AM. Reason: coz I'm a writer, innit? (bowing to the metre)
Old 01-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #8741
kkbe
Huh.

"Tod." Ye God. Ye clod.
Definition? Foliage.
It's ivy, mostly.
“Dave,” the priest said.
I looked at him.
“Are you all right?”
“Not even.”
/my little blog/

Avie attrib.:
Louise Docker
Old 01-27-2013, 08:33 PM   #8742
zanzjan
AW Moderator

It's ivy, mostly,
that clings to your bricks, hiding
your secrets in shade.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:13 PM   #8743
kkbe
Huh.

Your secrets in shade?
Uh uh. She wrote everything.
It's a best-seller.

hehe

Last edited by kkbe; 01-28-2013 at 03:32 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:02 AM   #8744
Paul
Banned for Trolling

It's a best seller
though I'm the worst for it.
A solemn cellar
Old 01-28-2013, 05:19 AM   #8745
onestepp

onestepp is a glorious beacon of lightonestepp is a glorious beacon of lightonestepp is a glorious beacon of light
A solemn celler
chisled limestone staircases
underground highway
Old 01-28-2013, 08:21 AM   #8746
Teena
Majesty...outside my window

Teena is a splendid one to beholdTeena is a splendid one to beholdTeena is a splendid one to behold
underground highway
excavating the past to
foretell the future
Teena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #8747
BlueCricket

BlueCricket is on a distinguished road
Foretell the future
A speck of dust glistens still
Like a crystal ball.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:38 PM   #8748
kkbe
Huh.

like a crystal ball,
the child's pale blue eyes reflect
some forgotten place.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:19 PM   #8749
Paul
Banned for Trolling

some forgotten place
haunts the corner of my mind,
probing. I keep still.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:02 AM   #8750
onestepp

probing. I keep still
unknown calm heightens senses
majestic skies stare