Happy Thanksgiving JPG

Happy Thanksgiving!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Writing For Kids
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #776
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

jvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good luck on your interview, David. I'll have my fingers and toes crossed for you.

There comes a time in your life when you just have to run outside and shout 'banana' as loud as you can. Are you there yet?

Come follow me on Twitter (@JedCullan) for random stuff, plus regular #OnThisDay with humour.

My Blog: A Few Random Thoughts
jvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #777
timp67
Guinea pig in the laboratory of God

timp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hot cocoa? Check. Warm blankets? Check. Good books? Check.

Full steam ahead!

Sit back and enjoy the ride as we sail into the new year.

THE BOY WHO HOWLED
from Bloomsbury USA Children's Books

timp67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:53 PM   #778
sissybaby
practical experience, FTW

sissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthood
How beautiful, Tim! Thanks so much. It is so dry here, and I've been longing for a bit of snow. You couldn't have timed it better.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:23 AM   #779
MsJudy

MsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
lovely. and peaceful. just what we need right now.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:27 AM   #780
RuthD
careful...you'll end up in my novel

RuthD leaves trails of profuse coolnessRuthD leaves trails of profuse coolnessRuthD leaves trails of profuse coolnessRuthD leaves trails of profuse coolnessRuthD leaves trails of profuse coolness
Heavenly!

*snuggles into the blankets and opens a book*
Old 12-18-2012, 05:38 AM   #781
Kitty Pryde
i luv you giant bear statue
AW Moderator

Kitty Pryde is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty Pryde is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty Pryde is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty Pryde is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty Pryde is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty Pryde is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty Pryde is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty Pryde is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty Pryde is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty Pryde is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty Pryde is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*Snowball fight!!!*
Kitty Pryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:28 AM   #782
Smish
Reads more than she writes.
AW Moderator

Smish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
HEY! I'M READING HERE, KITTY! Grrrrr.

Old 12-25-2012, 10:37 PM   #783
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

jvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Is it safe to have a snowball fight on a dirigible? Should we do an elf and safety evaluation first?

Merry Christmas dirigi-ballers.

There comes a time in your life when you just have to run outside and shout 'banana' as loud as you can. Are you there yet?

Come follow me on Twitter (@JedCullan) for random stuff, plus regular #OnThisDay with humour.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:08 AM   #784
Smish
Reads more than she writes.
AW Moderator

Smish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Judy has an agent! Milkshakes and brownies for everyone.

Somebody grab the wheel and fly us somewhere beautiful to celebrate.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:06 AM   #785
DavidBrett
Alas, poor Yorick, he fed me 'nanas

DavidBrett has earned our admirationDavidBrett has earned our admirationDavidBrett has earned our admirationDavidBrett has earned our admiration
Congrats again to Judy!

In England we have chocolate brownie flavoured milkshakes (my faves) - so i'm doubling-up XDD

Authors warn me writing children's books is a lot of work - signings, school events, literary festivals, a blog, etc. I always reply "I WANT THAT!"

I don't claim to be a professional (yet). I just try and help others when and where I can.

Follow me @symplesymon
DavidBrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:05 PM   #786
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

Yay, go Judy.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:05 AM   #787
timp67

timp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Heading to a patch of sweet, fresh air for Judy, who can finally breathe again! Congrats, Judy!

THE BOY WHO HOWLED

Old 01-28-2013, 10:15 PM   #788
DavidBrett

DavidBrett has earned our admirationDavidBrett has earned our admirationDavidBrett has earned our admirationDavidBrett has earned our admiration
If that's photoshopped, I'll cry - because I really, really wanna go there. Like, NOW.

Authors warn me writing children's books is a lot of work - signings, school events, literary festivals, a blog, etc. I always reply "I WANT THAT!"

I don't claim to be a professional (yet). I just try and help others when and where I can.

Follow me @symplesymon
Old 01-28-2013, 10:36 PM   #789
JoyMC

JoyMC has earned our admirationJoyMC has earned our admirationJoyMC has earned our admirationJoyMC has earned our admiration
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBrett View Post
If that's photoshopped, I'll cry - because I really, really wanna go there. Like, NOW.
It looks like Alaska or the Pacific Northwest. If it's the latter, swing the dirigible by my place for refueling and I'll hop on!
Old 01-29-2013, 11:36 PM   #790
SheilaJG

SheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthood
What a gorgeous picture. Let's all tumble down that green slope!

Represented by Molly Ker Hawn of The Bent Agency
Twitter
SheilaJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:37 AM   #791
MJWare
Kidlit gang, Junior member.

MJWare is a glorious beacon of lightMJWare is a glorious beacon of lightMJWare is a glorious beacon of light
Yippie!!!! Three cheers for Judy!!!

Good things come to those who persevere!

I've seriously been telling just about everyone I know the good news--they're like, who's Judy? =-)
MJWare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:09 PM   #792
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBrett View Post
I was staring at the photo and was thinking exactly the same thing. Spooky.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:27 PM   #793
DavidBrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJWare View Post
Yippie!!!! Three cheers for Judy!!!

Good things come to those who persevere!

I've seriously been telling just about everyone I know the good news--they're like, who's Judy? =-)
I'm sure they'll know soon enough! XDD

D

Follow me @symplesymon
Old 01-31-2013, 12:15 AM   #794
sissybaby

sissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthood
MsJudy - I'm so very happy for you. Congratulations and I can't wait to hear the news that there was a bidding war! Just sayin.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:52 PM   #795
MsJudy

MsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ooh, that place looks absolutely perfect. Reminds me very much of scenes from Howl's Moving Castle... Sophie and TurnipHead hanging out the laundry...

I shall sneak away there every afternoon to work on my revisions.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:56 PM   #796
MJWare
Kidlit gang, Junior member.

MJWare is a glorious beacon of lightMJWare is a glorious beacon of lightMJWare is a glorious beacon of light
For all you blimp crazy folks out there (sorry Judy, the headline calls them blimps), here's a story about how the DOD is going to use blimps to protect Washington DC:
http://news.yahoo.com/blimps-bolster...--finance.html

MJWare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #797
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

I wonder how much it will cost to advertise on them?

Old 02-07-2013, 11:26 PM   #798
Britwriter

Britwriter is well-respected
Edited because I'm soo tired I was responding to an old post. Way out of date. duh.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:14 PM   #799
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britwriter View Post
Edited because I'm soo tired I was responding to an old post. Way out of date. duh.
I can't be the only one curious to know what old post you were responding to, and what it said.

Old 12-13-2013, 09:48 AM   #800
timp67

It has been a while since the Captain posted an itinerary update! But we are headed here for the duration of the holidays. Hot cocoa, warm blankets, etc. available upon request.

THE BOY WHO HOWLED