Happy Thanksgiving JPG

Happy Thanksgiving!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Horror
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 02:16 AM   #17401
TedTheewen
President of the Cray Fan Club

Location: In the Land of Make Believe, where unicorns play and women are attracted to me.
TedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yeah, those special sets are a collectors item for sure.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:13 AM   #17402
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

LaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
My 10 yro likes to arrange the figures on a chess board - pirates vs Star Wars.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:20 AM   #17403
night-flyer
Roasting cows

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oooh, now that sounds like an interesting game of chess. The weapons seem a bit unfair, though- swords vs lasers.

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:01 AM   #17404
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

LaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
There are a lot of sound effects involved and usually no one is left "alive" at the end.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:20 AM   #17405
night-flyer
Roasting cows

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sound effects are the best!

Quote:
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:31 AM   #17406
TedTheewen

Location: In the Land of Make Believe, where unicorns play and women are attracted to me.
TedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
sounds like a fun time to me.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #17407
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
hey hounds, how are you all?
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
Old 01-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #17408
BigWords
Geekzilla

BigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
How appropriate you guys should still be talking about Lego.

Happy Birthday Lego - fifty-five years of entertaining children and making walking barefoot a precarious idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbielleRose View Post
Dude, I am not that flexible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
The SFF Review Educational Supplement is now open. I'll be listing books, podcasts, online courses and anything else that aims to help the SFF writer improve their skills, provided they're free. (the books, podcasts, online courses and anything else, not the writers)

The British Comics Database is growing. Or mutating. I'm not quite sure which, yet.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #17409
soapdish
writing

soapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWords View Post
How appropriate you guys should still be talking about Lego.

Happy Birthday Lego - fifty-five years of entertaining children and making walking barefoot a precarious idea...
YES!
Old 01-28-2013, 08:09 PM   #17410
TedTheewen

Freezing rain last night melted and now it's supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow. This is good news because it has to be warm to rain and we need the moisture.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:39 PM   #17411
soapdish
writing

soapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
We've had a lot of freezing fog here. Which, I didn't really understand until I saw it. The ground wasn't especially frozen, but the trees, the TALL evergreens, looked like they had a light dusting of snow. And their branches were pinned, frozen. It was really weird. I don't think I've ever seen it or paid attention to it before.

But the cooler thing was when, a few days later, the trees defrosted. It was kind of warm(ish) outside and not raining. Yet, if you looked at the trees, they were showering. A hard shower. Like a storm could was poised over their tops. Only, it wasn't a rain cloud, they were just defrosting the frozen fog. It was soooo weird. You could hear the rain coming down hard, and if you stood under one of them, it was like standing under your shower head.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:34 PM   #17412
TedTheewen

I have a head ache and the damned circus freaks upstairs are making so much noise I can't get a nap in before work. Between their dogs and the pounding of feet it is simply impossible. I can't wait until I find an apartment to move to.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #17413
soapdish
writing

Sorry, Ted. Earplugs? Headphones?
Old 01-28-2013, 10:44 PM   #17414
TedTheewen

I noticed you didn't add drugs to that list of suggestions. Perhaps I'm simply under-medicated. I'm out of character these days. A prime example are bananas. I hate bananas. It used to be even the smell made me nauseous. I don't know why.

This weekend, I bought a bunch of bananas for the first time in my life. And due to the cravings for them, I ate one a few minutes ago, and it went down quite nicely.

I might be possessed. I haven't ruled that out yet.

And now I'm off to get a third story subbed so I'll have three in circulation at once--a record for me.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:53 PM   #17415
BigWords
Geekzilla

BigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedTheewen View Post
I might be possessed. I haven't ruled that out yet.

And now I'm off to get a third story subbed so I'll have three in circulation at once--a record for me.
Y'know, if you are possessed, then it is obviously helping your writing if you have three stories out at the moment. Don't knock the assistance if it is working.

Quote:
Quote:
The SFF Review Educational Supplement is now open. I'll be listing books, podcasts, online courses and anything else that aims to help the SFF writer improve their skills, provided they're free. (the books, podcasts, online courses and anything else, not the writers)

The British Comics Database is growing. Or mutating. I'm not quite sure which, yet.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:03 PM   #17416
soapdish
writing

Sounds like your body may be low on potassium, Ted.

Good luck on your subs!
Old 01-29-2013, 01:45 AM   #17417
BriMaresh
New kid, be gentle!

BriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthood
Ted! Are you feeling any better? Also, legos - why are there no horror movies based around them? They're terrifying!

I saw Mama and I wish I'd brought some Hounds with me. It is ever so slightly flawed, and I want to fix it.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:08 AM   #17418
BigWords
Geekzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriMaresh View Post
I saw Mama and I wish I'd brought some Hounds with me. It is ever so slightly flawed, and I want to fix it.
So... it reminded you of the Hounds?

Quote:
Quote:

Old 01-29-2013, 02:20 AM   #17419
BriMaresh
New kid, be gentle!

BriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthood
Ted's the only one I could probably actually drag to a movie, but you guys would have had opinions! And it would have been entertaining.

Seriously, I see a good horror movie, I think "I must go recommend it!" I see a bad one, I think "we must go tear it to pieces and rebuild it better!" It's a thing, I think.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:40 AM   #17420
BigWords
Geekzilla

Heh. I try to subdue the "I could improve on that" thoughts. It makes watching the nearly great films impossible if you do that - constantly questioning the plotting and dialogue. And yes, I am guilty of that from time to time...

Quote:
Quote:

Old 01-29-2013, 02:46 AM   #17421
BriMaresh
New kid, be gentle!

Bad dialogue is nothing. Broken world mechanics, though...

Old 01-29-2013, 05:14 AM   #17422
night-flyer
Roasting cows

Hi, bri! *tacklehugs*

Soapy, that sounded like a weird, but what must have been a pretty cool experience. It sounded awesome.

Good luck with your subs, Ted! Sounds like you're on a roll.

Just got news from my cousin that my dad got pneumonia and they're moving him to hospice. I was really praying that he'd live through the year, and he might have if it weren't for the pneumonia. They say he has maybe three weeks left. Give or take a week. I hope he managed to get some good days in there before he got to ill to enjoy them. His wife probably won't call when he passes away, but my cousin or aunt will.

Quote:

Old 01-29-2013, 05:43 AM   #17423
TedTheewen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriMaresh View Post
Ted's the only one I could probably actually drag to a movie, but you guys would have had opinions! And it would have been entertaining.
You don't need to drag me anywhere, hon...I'd be delighted to go someplace with you.

But I have this song stuck in my head. Please help....

Old 01-29-2013, 07:07 AM   #17424
BriMaresh
New kid, be gentle!

I recommend one heavy dose of Megamind. It's an animated movie that will wash all Despicable Me out of your brain for at least three minutes, guaranteed!

Old 01-29-2013, 08:36 AM   #17425
soapdish
writing

Quote:
Originally Posted by night-flyer View Post

Just got news from my cousin that my dad got pneumonia and they're moving him to hospice.
I know your relationship is complicated with your dad, Night. I'm so sorry to see you go through this.
Closed Thread