Happy Thanksgiving JPG

Happy Thanksgiving!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > New Members
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 09:38 AM   #6676
night-flyer
Roasting cows

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #6677
L. Y.
\m/

L. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Want a round of Baileys with that popcorn?

Edit with your head, write with your heart.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #6678
night-flyer
Roasting cows

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sure! You know I never say no to Baileys. Thanks L.Y.

Quote:
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:58 AM   #6679
L. Y.
\m/

L. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*glances around*

By the way, what's the popcorn for? Did Jed built a theater in the basement?

*glances upthread*

Oh. Okay....

Old 01-28-2013, 10:16 AM   #6680
night-flyer
Roasting cows

I was waiting for something hilarious...I thought the waiting would go by quicker if I had some popcorn, but obviously I didn't bring enough bc it seems as if it might be a long wait.

Hate to drink and run, but I have to get up at six and I'm trying to get some painting time in. But it's always nice to sit and have a Baileys with you, L.Y.

Quote:

Old 01-28-2013, 10:22 AM   #6681
L. Y.
\m/

Thanks NF, and same here. Take care and see you later.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:37 AM   #6682
ecwma
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Location: United States, North America, Earth, Sol 1, Milky Way, Universe #1577981
ecwma is on a distinguished road
*Sits in the back, busies self with drinking, and attempts to avoid all unnecessary social interaction or physical contact.*

*glances around uneasily at unnecessary social interactions*

*remembers very important question*

AH! Stop what you're doing, I've just remembered! ...Does anyone have any Egg Nog?!

I'll trade you, um... Um... Useless knowledge of particle physics, and... Medical knowledge! That's useful, I think, yes, because people always need medicine, it's a very useful field, but I'm digressing: EGG NOG!
Old 01-28-2013, 10:51 AM   #6683
L. Y.
\m/

to the Pub, ecwma. One eggnog coming right up. Enjoy!

Old 01-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #6684
ecwma

Location: United States, North America, Earth, Sol 1, Milky Way, Universe #1577981
Thank you for the welcome! So hard to find Egg Nog past New Year's. No idea why; it's such a fabulous drink!

Really, if they want the spirit of Christmas to live in our hearts all the year round, why they do not drop a pint of Egg Nog by everyone's door in the morning is completely beyond me...
Old 01-28-2013, 11:04 AM   #6685
TreeJet
lost in wild thought

TreeJet is on a distinguished road
This is the fastest way i know how to get a pub full of dragons to scatter *Treejet slams his cupped hand on to the bar and grins widely* I hope you like magic. *He lifts his cupped hand and reveals a hole in the bar. Out of the hole crawls a large tarantula *
Old 01-28-2013, 11:18 AM   #6686
ecwma

What, dragons? Afraid of a little tarantula! But they're so cute. I used to call mine Fluffy. *lets tarantula walk into her hand*

Fluffy hated people. She always got angry and sat up on her back legs and tried to bite them. Never tried to bite me, mind you, only other people.

I empathized heavily with Fluffy...
Old 01-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #6687
TreeJet
lost in wild thought

TreeJet is on a distinguished road
Mittens! you told me you would only crawl on me!!
Old 01-28-2013, 12:37 PM   #6688
L. Y.
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecwma View Post
So hard to find Egg Nog past New Year's. No idea why; it's such a fabulous drink!
I'm on my way out, but feel free to help yourself to more eggnog. Enjoy your stay!

Old 01-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #6689
ecwma

Don't tell me that I can help myself to more Egg Nog; that's like feeding the strays! You'll never get rid of me!

And give poor little Mittens a break! She has 8 eyes, so I'm 4 times as adorable to her. You really can't hold her responsible for her actions...
Old 01-28-2013, 06:24 PM   #6690
Rockweaver
practical experience, FTW

Rockweaver has a double-platinum reputationRockweaver has a double-platinum reputationRockweaver has a double-platinum reputationRockweaver has a double-platinum reputationRockweaver has a double-platinum reputationRockweaver has a double-platinum reputationRockweaver has a double-platinum reputation
Quote:
*Sits in the back, busies self with drinking, and attempts to avoid all unnecessary social interaction or physical contact.
A wise man who enjoys watching and avoiding problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L. Y. View Post
to the Pub, ecwma. One eggnog coming right up. Enjoy!
Seriously.. what do you not have in stock in this bar........ if i ask for Ambrosia do you have it? "Battlestar reference". If i ask for Pirate Grog do you have it.... "then we can all talk like a pirate for the evening"

hmm thinks about taking a trip to the basement and seeing for self what i can find .....

no one ever pays attention to the guy in the corner. at least until after the gun shot. but what if he just vanished. who would see them leave.

Happiness is like a bird. The damn thing keeps flying away. Next time I find it I will shoot it and have it stuffed.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #6691
Samantha Lane
practical experience, FTW

Samantha Lane is a shiny, shiny jewelSamantha Lane is a shiny, shiny jewel
*Runs out the door weeping*

Call me when the ugly spiders are gone!
Old 01-28-2013, 10:18 PM   #6692
Neporsche
Tribal Scribe

Neporsche is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeporsche is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeporsche is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeporsche is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeporsche is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeporsche is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeporsche is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeporsche is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeporsche is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeporsche is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*Drops into a stool at the bar wondering what possessed him to play "who can lift more boxes?" last night*

Life is not always a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.- Jack London
Old 01-28-2013, 11:13 PM   #6693
pkbax
Is it nap time yet?

pkbax is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspkbax is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspkbax is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspkbax is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspkbax is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspkbax is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspkbax is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspkbax is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspkbax is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspkbax is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspkbax is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockweaver View Post

Seriously.. what do you not have in stock in this bar........ if i ask for Ambrosia do you have it? "Battlestar reference". If i ask for Pirate Grog do you have it.... "then we can all talk like a pirate for the evening"

hmm thinks about taking a trip to the basement and seeing for self what i can find .....

no one ever pays attention to the guy in the corner. at least until after the gun shot. but what if he just vanished. who would see them leave.
Rockweaver, I do believe the only thing not stocked in this pub is orange juice. Rockweaver?

*looks around and can't find him*

Humm. Wonder if he already took that trek downstairs. Should have given him an inventory sheet so I know if I need to add anything to this order.

*warily eyes the tarantula walking on ecwma's hand*

Uh. . . considering the owner of this fine establishment is a dragon, you might want to put Mittens away before Jed comes back. I've never done CPR on a dragon before, and I'm pretty sure he'd need it after seeing your friend there.

*looks around for an AED machine, just in case; wonders what setting to use for a dragon if finds an AED *
Old 01-29-2013, 12:09 AM   #6694
ecwma

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbzrod View Post
*looks around for an AED machine, just in case; wonders what setting to use for a dragon if finds an AED *
I think the equation is 2 J / kg ; or .907 J / lb in old money.

Quote:
More like a wise woman, but I'll take the compliment anyway.

Quote:
If i ask for Pirate Grog do you have it....
I have Pirate Grog, if anyone's interested. Don't ask me where I got it, though really from the name one would imagine that I took it off of a Pirate... Anyway. It's quite good. Tastes like rum and cherries. Don't know why. Maybe to chase away the scurvy?

Last edited by ecwma; 01-29-2013 at 12:39 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:49 AM   #6695
pkbax
Is it nap time yet?

pkbax is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspkbax is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspkbax is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspkbax is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspkbax is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspkbax is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspkbax is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspkbax is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspkbax is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspkbax is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspkbax is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I think the equation is 2 J / kg ; or .907 J / lb in old money.
Yeah, but is the formula the same for a dragon as for a human? Does the thicker skin conduct electricty the same way? So many questions.

Besides, I'm lousy at guessing weight and don't think Jed is gonna be able to tell me how much he weighs when he's unconcious on the floor after a heart attack from seeing Mittens.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:41 AM   #6696
ecwma

Quote:
Yeah, but is the formula the same for a dragon as for a human? Does the thicker skin conduct electricty the same way? So many questions.
When in doubt, shock it till you recognize it!

Quote:
Besides, I'm lousy at guessing weight and don't think Jed is gonna be able to tell me how much he weighs when he's unconcious on the floor after a heart attack from seeing Mittens.
Wait, your unconscious patients don't talk to you? OH GOD I'VE BEEN DOING IT WRONG FOR SO MANY YEARS!

***DISCLAIMER: nothing I ever say online qualifies as medical advice. Nothing I say online is intended to be mistaken as medical advice. Do not use lamps or car batteries as defibrillators. Don't try any of this at home. This has been a disclaimer.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:14 AM   #6697
night-flyer
Roasting cows

Good thing you added the disclaimer, ecwma, since medical advice is sternly frowned upon here at AW. Though, now I'm sure there are at least ten people trying to test out whether lamps and car batteries will work as defibrillators. Welcome to the pub and to AW! Happy to have you aboard. I'll pm you with all of my medical questions... like how a thousand Baileys affect the body. jk. I'd like to go on believing that they are very healthy for me, well they have to be since they're virtual and all.

hmm...not sure if Jed would faint or fry Mittens...

And yes, Rockweaver, we do have Ambrosia. But she mainly stays in the Poetry sections or in the Royal thread. Great person, btw.

And I don't believe it's talk like a pirate day, yet, but it may be soon. Me and Jed will make Mittens walk the plank! If you really like spiders, we have an AW member you should meet, her name is Wicked. She loves the critters and knows just about everything there is to know about them. As she has more than a few of them. You'll like Wicked if you come across her here at AW, she's cool people.

Now, I think I'll down a Baileys, or ten.

Quote:

Old 01-29-2013, 06:18 AM   #6698
night-flyer
Roasting cows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neporsche View Post
*Drops into a stool at the bar wondering what possessed him to play "who can lift more boxes?" last night*
to AW and to the pub, Neporshe! I hope you're enjoying it here and finding your way around ok.

Quote:

Old 01-29-2013, 07:19 AM   #6699
Duchessmary
Where I want to be

Duchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Dragon wench!!!

Have any good cows lately?

Old 01-29-2013, 07:50 AM   #6700
L. Y.
\m/

Hello Pubbers.

Duchessmary, nice to see you at the Pub. Care for a drink?

Quote:
Don't tell me that I can help myself to more Egg Nog; that's like feeding the strays! You'll never get rid of me!
Who drank all the eggnog?

*shuffles off to restock the eggnog*

Quote:
Seriously.. what do you not have in stock in this bar....
That's why Jed named it "Jed's Super-Dooper Baileys Pub..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLSabovitch View Post
*Runs out the door...*
What happened? Did someone mention spiders?

And I just brought up a selection of white wine from the cellar....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neporsche View Post
to the Pub, Neporsche. Here, have a temporary cure-all:

*slides a round of Baileys Neporshes's way*

Quote:
Originally Posted by night-flyer View Post
Now, I think I'll down a Baileys, or ten.
*sends another round NF's way*

Closed Thread