Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2012, 07:10 AM   #226
CQuinlan
practical experience, FTW

CQuinlan has a spectacular aura
I don't understand why I ask someone 'what?' only to realize a second later I heard them perfectly.

My Blog
CQuinlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:48 PM   #227
bluntforcetrauma
Esquire

bluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
It's the things I do understand that trouble me the most, ie, Ted, Bos, Haggis, Night, Soapy....just about everyone in the Horror Hounds forum.

(Ecclesiastes 9:16)
bluntforcetrauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:21 PM   #228
me-a-monsteR
Bites upon request

me-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsme-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsme-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsme-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsme-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsme-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsme-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsme-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsme-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterStarrByrd View Post
1 How I woke up in Maine this morning
2 Why I woke up in Maine this morning
3 What Maniacs do with all of their 'r's'
4.What the red marks on my wrists are
5.When did I start wearing dresses
*puts on sensible glasses*
*nods intelligently*

Yes, yes... I think what we have here, Mister Porter, is a case of taking directions from a monsteR who unwittingly granted a whimsical wish. Er, that's how you ended up in Maine. As for the latter three... not all green things are good for you, especially if you inhale them
Old 07-24-2012, 05:07 PM   #229
Rise2theTop
To Live the Dream, Ya Gotta Feel It

Rise2theTop is well-respected
Not necessarily in this order--it's a mood thang!

1. People who ride my ass on the highway even though I'm going 10mph OVER the speed limit as it is.
2. Organized Religion
3. Gossip whores
4. When my partner empties the last of the coffee pot--at 7am, doesn't make another, then grumbles when there isn't any to take with him to work. Sorry, slavery was abolished ages ago, Mister.
5. People who resist change to the point of idiocy.

My muse at the moment:
http://youtu.be/uXc6tkiMY5c
Rise2theTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:56 PM   #230
WriteMinded
Derailed

WriteMinded has a double-platinum reputationWriteMinded has a double-platinum reputationWriteMinded has a double-platinum reputationWriteMinded has a double-platinum reputationWriteMinded has a double-platinum reputationWriteMinded has a double-platinum reputationWriteMinded has a double-platinum reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterStarrByrd View Post
1 How I woke up in Maine this morning
2 Why I woke up in Maine this morning
3 What Maniacs do with all of their 'r's'
4.What the red marks on my wrists are
5.When did I start wearing dresses
I know why you woke up in Maine this morning. Want a hint?
Can't help you with the dress though.
WriteMinded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:58 PM   #231
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
How rain gets in through that little tiny crack I have my car window at 75 mph

How water finds the only piece of paper in the car

Why indelible ink smudges in water

why smudges aren't considered 'arty'

just what exactly was meant by 'sloppy as hell'

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo
The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it - Porter Starr Byrd
Yield to temptation, it may never come again - unknown
PorterStarrByrd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:24 PM   #232
DeleyanLee
Writing Anarchist

DeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
How anybody knows that Hell is sloppy in the first place.

Why office politics always turn nasty and stupid at the same time.

Why my water bottle tastes funny after only one refill.

Why Bedazzled is such an addictive time-sink.

Why I dream solving Bedazzled puzzles.

Flamechild, the first anthology in the Children of the Vortex series, is now available here.
Stonechild is a free intro story to the Children of the Vortex series, now available here
DeleyanLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:48 PM   #233
Iggy58
Newly addicted to AW

Iggy58 is on a distinguished road
1. Violence/abuse, especially toward children and animal. I just don't get how anyone could do that.
2. The Religious Right. An oxymoron.
3. Male genitalia, and how you can be so attracted to something so damned ugly.
4. Reality TV.
5. Why dogs eat poop, especially their own.

Iggy
Iggy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #234
Maryn
You, too?
AW Moderator

Maryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
1. Why I dread certain tasks so much, even though I know once I get started it's not all that bad.
2. Why the @#$%^& guy working next door thinks it's okay to park his dump truck blocking my driveway when there's plenty of free curb.
3. How the cashier at the grocery store knew I'd listen (with fake sympathy) to her sob stories even though it very much slowed my transaction.
4. Why laundry piles up faster than the rate at which we wear clothing.
5. Why so many damned birthdays have to be in July.

Maryn, who needs to clean and bake for the last birthday and the houseguests it entails
Old 07-27-2012, 09:44 PM   #235
Gilroy Cullen
Gilroy's Unlicensed Therapy Center

Gilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryn View Post
5. Why so many damned birthdays have to be in July.
Cause people were trying to get that last bit of passion in before the holidays destroyed it?

Braving SYW:
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...d.php?t=279131
A writer's journey is like life - no two are entirely alike.
Gilroy Cullen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:33 PM   #236
Lavern08
When All Else Fails, Lavern It©

Lavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Honey Boo-Boo

Kylabelle:
Laverning is how I get through the long days... (Don't ask about the long nights, just don't)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailD View Post
You haven't lived 'til you've been Laverned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.S. Wiggins View Post
<Wiggins loves Lavern.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.S.F. View Post
---
WRONG! I don't Lavern everything...just most things.
Lavern08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:26 PM   #237
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

KellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
1. Why is January so dark?
2. Why doesn't all snow sparkle like glitter, just as it did last night?
3. If your tires lose air because of aluminum wheels, why make them?
4. Clean coal...
5. Where my inspiration goes...

Literary & Misfit Writers Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
I'd say I got off lightly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver King View Post
For Kelly, and others seeking soft asylum.
"It is only the large subjects and the big, sweeping themes that make cheap sentences possible." -Cleo Birdwell

Tears are peanut & helplessness.
KellyAssauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:13 PM   #238
Bebop
Self-Banned

Bebop has earned our admirationBebop has earned our admirationBebop has earned our admirationBebop has earned our admiration
1. People who sing at the top of their lungs at concerts.
2. Camping out overnight to get the newest soon to be outdated gadget.
3. Why the richer we are usually the cheaper we are.
4. Why Los Angeles gets such a bad rap. What could be wrong with a 4,000 sq mi sprawl with more people than 42 of the 50 states?
5. How someone can be so important to us one minute and so unnecessary the next.

Last edited by Bebop; 01-27-2013 at 05:39 PM. Reason: good question- more time, more thought
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:32 PM   #239
Robbert
Practical experience FTW

Robbert has a golden reputationRobbert has a golden reputationRobbert has a golden reputationRobbert has a golden reputationRobbert has a golden reputationRobbert has a golden reputation
1. Electronics
2. Heavy Metal
3. The Catcher in the Rye
4. Religions, and why people are drawn to them? To me, it's the easy way out.
5. The art of understatement. If you've got something to say, say it. Don't make me guess.

6. I understand this is a thread, and a fine one into the bargain!
Robbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:08 AM   #240
Chase
Fall guy

Chase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
1. Writers who don’t capitalize or use punctuation. I sometimes literally don't understand.

2. Writers (except auf Deutsche) who capitalize common nouns in hopes to "enhance the stature of the words."

3. Drivers who phone and text behind the wheel (trim their mustaches, do their nails).

4. Unsecured guns.

5. Women. I love ’em; I just don’t understand ’em.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:33 AM   #241
Lavern08
When All Else Fails, Lavern It©

Lavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The Millionaire Matchmaker

Kylabelle:
Laverning is how I get through the long days... (Don't ask about the long nights, just don't)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailD View Post
You haven't lived 'til you've been Laverned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.S. Wiggins View Post
<Wiggins loves Lavern.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.S.F. View Post
---
WRONG! I don't Lavern everything...just most things.
Lavern08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:39 PM   #242
Robbert
Practical experience FTW

Robbert has a golden reputationRobbert has a golden reputationRobbert has a golden reputationRobbert has a golden reputationRobbert has a golden reputationRobbert has a golden reputation
1. Ulysses

2. Frontiers

3. How is it possible to own a plot of land?

4. How is it possible to believe in democracy?

5. Why do I need to pay for my identity card?
Old 01-27-2013, 10:01 PM   #243
DizScare
You make my heart skip a beet.

DizScare is on a distinguished road
Let me think...
  1. This week's episode of 30 Rock.
  2. Why people like cats.
  3. How peple can misspell even easy words.
  4. What do hipsters think "Ironic" even means?
  5. Why does my mom like Gordon Ramsey?

witchParidise! hour of hearts
Genre:Fantasy/Adventure
Age Group:Middle School
MCs:Luso Faithblade (MMC) & Jasper Drew(FMC)
DizScare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #244
druid12000
You're out of your tree...

Location: The dark side of the moon, making sinister plans...
druid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
1. How the company I work for can get a large government contract for product they haven't been able to figure out how to produce.
2. 'The Wave' at sporting events.
3. Sporting events.
4. How anyone could be mean to an animal.
5. Cauliflour...ick (if you have to pour a vat of cheese on something to make it palatable, then, it's not palatable!)
" My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know. Everybody you see. Everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake and they live in a state of constant total amazement." ~ from 'Joe vs the Volcano'
druid12000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:08 PM   #245
ElaineA
Back in the saddle

ElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
1. People who take pictures of their dinner and post it on FB, Twitter, etc.
2. The Kardashians
3. Why someone would prefer a giant hole where their earlobe is supposed to be.
4. Michael Buble
5. My neighbors who REFUSE to pick up their dog's poo or leave it in little baggies on my grass, as if they're doing me a favor.

Last edited by ElaineA; 01-28-2013 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Sorry...I shouldn't have swore...sworn...#%@&%^#^$, whatever!
ElaineA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:19 PM   #246
amy--amy
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

amy--amy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
5. Women. I love ’em; I just don’t understand ’em.
1. Men. For the above reasons. (:
2. My linguistics teacher.
3. And the rest of the linguistics department; why is she still in her job?!
4. Why it's always warmer or colder than I thought it'd be.
5. Why my hands always get cold when I'm at the computer.
amy--amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:54 AM   #247
Robbert
Practical experience FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy--amy View Post
5. Why my hands always get cold when I'm at the computer.
...maybe because of incorrect sitting positions, leaning on sharp edges, too many rings / tight bracelets, a metal keyboard, sitting outdoors

I don't understand why words like "Angst" and "Zeitgeist" have been incorporated into English.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:47 AM   #248
WriterWho
Edit . . . Edit . . . Edit . . .

WriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
1. Marriage
(Why do we feel we must?)
2. Only 2 weeks vacation
(really? only two?)
3. Horses
(s-c-a-r-y)
4. A best friend flittering about the nation for years/talk even less
(I still love her)
5. People who talk LOUD on purpose
(FYI - strangers don't care!)
WriterWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:04 AM   #249
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
1. Why people live in places where the snow gets to be five feet deep
2. Why people live where the temperature gets over 120 (F)
3. Why people take walks in 60 dergree below zero temperatures
4. Why people live where the cockroaches are bigger than praying maintisisisis
5. Why I've done all of the above

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo
The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it - Porter Starr Byrd
Yield to temptation, it may never come again - unknown
PorterStarrByrd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:31 AM   #250
Jehhillenberg
More like the queen of typos. Oops!

Jehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
1. How to manage time properly
2. How to prioritize effectively
3. How grades connect with real life experience
4. What hiring managers really look for
5. curriculum

"What's the most resilient parasite? An idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities...transform the world and rewrite all the rules." - Inception

"I don't have delusions of grandeur, I have an actual recipe for grandeur." - Limitless
Jehhillenberg is offline   Reply With Quote