Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Music and Songwriting
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 06:04 AM   #8801
StevenHarvey1990
practical experience, FTW

StevenHarvey1990 is on a distinguished road
Reacquainting myself with Lordi. Going to my first ever concert in May to see them.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:05 AM   #8802
amandakelley
figuring it all out

amandakelley is on a distinguished road
Lights - Ellie Goulding
amandakelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:11 AM   #8803
WillSauger
The Crazy Man in the Sun. Feel me.

WillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I Came To Believe by Johnny Cash.

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn" -- Alvin Toffler.

"The heights of great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night" -- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
WillSauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:51 AM   #8804
amandakelley
figuring it all out

Baby Don't Dance - Mother, Mother
Old 02-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #8805
DarkSongofErrin

DarkSongofErrin is on a distinguished road
Rebels of the Sacred Heart by Flogging Molly
Old 02-05-2013, 04:45 PM   #8806
amandakelley
figuring it all out

Wrapped In Your Arms - Fireflight
Old 02-06-2013, 03:03 AM   #8807
WillSauger

WillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
In Bloom by Nirvana.

I designed a character from this song. Surprise surprise, his name was Bloom.

It still amazes me that I can only listen to Nevermind, and can't stand the other albums except Unplugged live.

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn" -- Alvin Toffler.

"The heights of great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night" -- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:14 AM   #8808
amandakelley
figuring it all out

Currently have Lights by Ellie Goulding on repeat because I'm in a great mood.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:23 AM   #8809
Reziac
Resident Alien

Reziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Alex Ubago -- "Dame tu aire"

The saddest song I know of, in any language.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:45 AM   #8810
WillSauger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
The saddest song I know of, in any language.
Try some of mine:

Untitled 1 by Sigur Ros.

I Can't Make You Love Me/Nick of Time by Justin Vernon.

Prologue by The Receiving End of Sirens.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:53 AM   #8811
Reziac
Resident Alien

Reziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsReziac is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Alas, those don't catch me. But it's real common for me to like something but not its near relations. Which is why "you may also like..." rarely, if not never, works for me.

Back to the new Hocico album.
Well, to be specific, "Dead Trust".
Old 02-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #8812
Kittens Starburst

Kittens Starburst is on a distinguished road
Maria's Bed by Bruce Springsteen
Old 02-06-2013, 12:17 PM   #8813
DarkSongofErrin

Oliver boy (all of our boys) - Flogging molly.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #8814
amandakelley
figuring it all out

She Will Be Loved - Maroon 5
Old 02-07-2013, 12:38 AM   #8815
DarkSongofErrin

Sad Lisa - Cat Stevens
Old 02-07-2013, 05:02 AM   #8816
WillSauger

Ghosts Among Men by Blue Sky Black Death.

I love these guys, but only a couple albums of theirs.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:09 AM   #8817
amandakelley
figuring it all out

Spectrum (Say My Name) - Florence + The Machine
Old 02-07-2013, 07:29 PM   #8818
angeliz2k
never mind the shorty

angeliz2k has earned our admirationangeliz2k has earned our admirationangeliz2k has earned our admirationangeliz2k has earned our admiration
Fun. All the Pretty Girls.

Catchy tune, great video.

I'm really getting into Fun. I saw them in concert last week, and there were fantastic live.

WIP 1: Britannia c.AD 60. 120 k. Trunked.
WIP 2: Paris, 1780s. 88k. five fulls, one partial, six rejections
WIP 3: Antebellum South, 1854 100k; querying; two fulls, both rejected; R&R
WIP 4: Novella. Civil War w/a hint of supernatural. 43k
WIP 5: The Cotton Wars. 104k. Editing.

My Blog:
MARIE ANTOINETTE'S DIAMONDS:
angeliz2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:57 PM   #8819
amandakelley
figuring it all out

Alibi - The Strange Familiar (Beautiful song! And on my WIP playlist. <3 I'm obsessed with it.)
Old 02-07-2013, 10:34 PM   #8820
dolores haze
ageing savage

dolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The Day the World Turned Day Glo - X Ray Spex
dolores haze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:44 PM   #8821
amandakelley
figuring it all out

Little Talks - Of Monsters and Men
Old 02-09-2013, 10:28 AM   #8822
Capeless
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Capeless is on a distinguished road
The Racing Heart by Katatonia

My favorite song of 2012 from my favorite album of 2012
Capeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #8823
WillSauger

Well It's True That We Love One Another by The White Stripes.

I really love this song.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:39 AM   #8824
Almondjoy
Keep moving forward <3

Almondjoy is on a distinguished road
Currently obsessed with Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men.

Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri is also on my playlist today. =)
Almondjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:53 AM   #8825
WillSauger

St. Peter's Cathedral by Death Cab For Cutie.