Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Humor
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 05:09 AM   #7526
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

KellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by parumpdragon View Post
I got a personalized reply from the lady at Random House. She wants to see some chapters.
Book chapters PD,
not Hell's Angels...

Originally Posted by CassandraW View Post
What. the F. am I now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver King View Post
For Kelly, and others seeking soft asylum.
"It is only the large subjects and the big, sweeping themes that make cheap sentences possible." -Cleo Birdwell

Tears are peanut & helplessness.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:18 AM   #7527
parumpdragon
photography aficionado

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ya never know - it might be both...

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
Old 02-05-2013, 07:23 AM   #7528
TedTheewen
President of the Cray Fan Club

Location: In the Land of Make Believe, where unicorns play and women are attracted to me.
TedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
We have some Red n' White out here, too. And you never know, it worked for Hunter S. Thompson.

I'm finally pub'd in paper! July 2014 issue of Infernal Ink Magazine!
Old 02-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #7529
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Silent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedTheewen View Post
We have some Red n' White out here, too.
Try to apply suncream next time, ted.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #7530
regdog
Kreon Prowl
AW Moderator

Location: Protecting, Serving and well he's a Kreon so who knows what he's up to
regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Sorry to interrupt the LOVE fest, but....

I got a personalized reply from the lady at Random House. She wants to see some chapters.

*does tentative happy dance*

I know, I know, it's premature - but still.
Good luck and congrats

My Blog-Updated on 7/18/14 Food Allergies

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
Old 02-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #7531
GailD
Plotting the breakthrough...

GailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Prowl looks happy.

*wonders where cray is*

The Branch of Thorns - my s/story in the African American Review (Vol 46.1) on sale now.

New blog - Write, Right and Research. Part 3 (Final) UPDATED DEC 1st. With pictures!!

Old 02-05-2013, 02:56 PM   #7532
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

KellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailD View Post
*wonders where cray is*
pid-o-feelya-delphia

Originally Posted by CassandraW View Post
What. the F. am I now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver King View Post
For Kelly, and others seeking soft asylum.
"It is only the large subjects and the big, sweeping themes that make cheap sentences possible." -Cleo Birdwell

Tears are peanut & helplessness.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #7533
Gilroy Cullen
But not Gilderoy Lockhart!

Gilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Sorry to interrupt the LOVE fest, but....

*does tentative happy dance*

I know, I know, it's premature - but still.
I wonder which of Mr Popper's Penguins is going to be your editor...

Braving SYW:
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...d.php?t=279131
A writer's journey is like life - no two are entirely alike.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #7534
NinaK
On the Beach

NinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailD View Post
Prowl looks happy.

*wonders where cray is*

Mod rehab,

but he doesn't like to talk about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cray View Post
don't make me mod you, nina.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #7535
parumpdragon
photography aficionado

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by regdog View Post
Good luck and congrats
Now, now -- they're just curious.

When they want a full or something then I'll do the snoopy-dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilroy Cullen View Post
I wonder which of Mr Popper's Penguins is going to be your editor...
Mr Popper's Penguins???

I never read the book...

Goodreads

Old 02-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #7536
parumpdragon
photography aficionado

What the heck happened -- it's tooo quiet in here

Goodreads

Old 02-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #7537
quickWit
Totally Ninja!

quickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*longboards in*

*farts*

*longboards out*
Old 02-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #7538
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
**waterboards QW**

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo
The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it - Porter Starr Byrd
Yield to temptation, it may never come again - unknown
Old 02-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #7539
swachski
shameless bench..

swachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Maybe if I tell a joke...

Cray was visiting Haggis the other night and asked if he could borrow a newspaper.

"Good sir, this is the 21st century," Haggis said. "I don't waste money on newspapers. But if you like, you can borrow my iPad."

I can tell you this: That spider never knew what hit him.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didnít do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. ó Mark Twain
Old 02-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #7540
kenthepen
practical experience, FTW

kenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sure, but nobody ever talks about the aftermath.

Miss Muffett finished her curds and whey, and a couple bowls of Cap'n Crunch and a pound of bacon, ended up getting hugely fat and was ridiculed by her little peers, got herself to a nunnery where they didn't have a habit large enough to fit her, so she threw herself in the river and drowned.

Severe allergic reaction to the slightest traces of reality

Kenneth Folta available on Smashwords
Old 02-05-2013, 05:29 PM   #7541
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Silent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by swachski View Post
Maybe if I tell a joke...

Cray was visiting Haggis the other night and asked if he could borrow a newspaper.

"Good sir, this is the 21st century," Haggis said. "I don't waste money on newspapers. But if you like, you can borrow my iPad."

I can tell you this: That spider never knew what hit him.

That would've been funnier if'n you'd used qw instead of a spider.

tee hee...

...used qw

Hey! That reminds me of band camp!
Old 02-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #7542
NinaK
On the Beach

NinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
What doesn't remind you of band camp?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cray View Post
don't make me mod you, nina.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #7543
swachski
shameless bench..

swachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Instruments, I'll bet..
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didnít do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. ó Mark Twain
Old 02-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #7544
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey Swat,

Go ahead with that joke you were going to tell us.

The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it - Porter Starr Byrd
Old 02-05-2013, 05:42 PM   #7545
kenthepen

kenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I think it was a pome.

It started:

There once was a moose so obtuse...

Old 02-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #7546
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

they thought he had a screw loose ...

Old 02-05-2013, 05:49 PM   #7547
kenthepen

...So they came with their guns,
Put in screws by the tons.....

Old 02-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #7548
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

And still the obtusity came ..

Old 02-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #7549
kenthepen

So instead they long pondered, then tried
Brain Salad Surgery, but his was fried...

Old 02-05-2013, 06:00 PM   #7550
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

So much like all the others is waus
Seems drugs may be the cause

Closed Thread