Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Sports and Fitness
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #1
onesecondglance
pretending to be awake

onesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
F1 2013

Testing underway for the new season... anyone care to share predictions?

I write music. | I gave in and joined twitter. | And I have a blog too.
onesecondglance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #2
Perks
delicate #!&@*#! flower

Perks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm trying to get my head around the new drivers' lineup. I'm a little up to my eyeballs in life and stuff, so I haven't been following as closely as I would have liked. I need to get reading to see who these new guys are.

Very interested to see what Hamilton does in the Mercedes. If they haven't made some giant steps forward, we might see how his natural abilities stack up against less than top-of-the-line equipment.
Perks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:54 PM   #3
onesecondglance
pretending to be awake

onesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Part of me wants him to struggle - I think he could do with the experience!

Old 02-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #4
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

jvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I think Hamilton will be good this year, but not great. I think he may well win a race, but probably later in the year at one that includes a lot of rain. The real test will be against his team mate. If he beats him, then Hamilton is doing good. If he doesn't, then he isn't as good as he thinks he is. But, I think he is good, so I'll be surprised if he doesn't beat Rosberg, and make it into the top ten often, perhaps a podium by the forth race.

Although, saying all that, he crashed his car in the first test within twenty minutes.

There comes a time in your life when you just have to run outside and shout 'banana' as loud as you can. Are you there yet?

Come follow me on Twitter (@JedCullan) for random stuff, plus regular #OnThisDay with humour.

My Blog: A Few Random Thoughts
jvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #5
Perks
delicate #!&@*#! flower

Perks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesecondglance View Post
Part of me wants him to struggle - I think he could do with the experience!
I'm right there with you on that. I've been a big fan of Rosberg's since he came on the scene. Now that he's stopped crashing every five minutes, I've been rooting for him. He handled himself (and the car) admirably in Schumacher's company, so I'll be fascinated to see this little soap opera play out.

There's a lot of 'ifs'. If Schumi was just rusty and the cars had evolved too much in his absence for his successful return, then maybe Rosberg isn't as good as I hope he is. If the Merc has taken some massive leap forward, then we won't be able to judge. If Lewis' penchant for pouting keeps him from giving it his all, then it'll be difficult to compare the drivers.

It'll be good fun.
Perks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:28 AM   #6
TedTheewen
President of the Cray Fan Club

Location: In the Land of Make Believe, where unicorns play and women are attracted to me.
TedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm getting excited. I can't wait, really.

I'm finally pub'd in paper! July 2014 issue of Infernal Ink Magazine!
TedTheewen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:51 AM   #7
DreamWeaver
Shakespearean Fool

DreamWeaver is better than ice cream with hot fudgeDreamWeaver is better than ice cream with hot fudgeDreamWeaver is better than ice cream with hot fudgeDreamWeaver is better than ice cream with hot fudgeDreamWeaver is better than ice cream with hot fudgeDreamWeaver is better than ice cream with hot fudgeDreamWeaver is better than ice cream with hot fudge
So hard to wait! Bring it on...

Why doesn't George R. R. Martin use Twitter? He already killed off all 140 characters!
DreamWeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:53 AM   #8
TedTheewen

Location: In the Land of Make Believe, where unicorns play and women are attracted to me.
TedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm getting edgy with this whole waiting game.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:15 PM   #9
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

jvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm annoyed that I won't be able to watch the opener live because of the stupid BBC. I think I even heard they won't be showing the first three races live.

There comes a time in your life when you just have to run outside and shout 'banana' as loud as you can. Are you there yet?

Come follow me on Twitter (@JedCullan) for random stuff, plus regular #OnThisDay with humour.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:27 PM   #10
onesecondglance
pretending to be awake

The BBC were fools to let the live rights go. Their highest rated shows of 2011 were grands prix!

Luckily I already had Sky HD (not Sports) so I got it without extra cost. Someone I know resorted to pulling a satellite feed from Germany and syncing it with Radio 5's commentary...

Old 02-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #11
TedTheewen

I know there are live feeds available online, if you know where to look.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:01 AM   #12
TedTheewen

F1's Official website has started the countdown to the first practice in Australia. Woo-Hoo! 12 Days! 12 Long, dragging days.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:27 PM   #13
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

So, who do we think is going to win the first race, then? I'm gonna go with Webber. It's about time he had a decent home grand prix.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:37 PM   #14
onesecondglance
pretending to be awake

Not a bad shout - I reckon RB are formidably fast. Personally I still don't expect much from Mercedes despite the fast times in testing. And I would be lying if I didn't say I wanted Jenson to win

Old 03-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #15
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

Oh, I'd like Hamilton to win. I tend to support the underdog, and Hamilton is certainly that this season. Although I think he'll end up qualifying 8th and then crashing into the first corner.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #16
TedTheewen

I think a lot of teams that struggled last year have a lot to prove this year. And I'm very curious what some of the smaller teams will do, like Force India, who should be in the point this year.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:28 PM   #17
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

KellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
And Sauber, and Williams too! =)

*as for underdogs, I hope Felipe, Mark, Sergio and Pastor all do better than their team mates*
Originally Posted by CassandraW View Post
What. the F. am I now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver King View Post
For Kelly, and others seeking soft asylum.
"It is only the large subjects and the big, sweeping themes that make cheap sentences possible." -Cleo Birdwell

Tears are peanut & helplessness.
KellyAssauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:23 PM   #18
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

Well, only a couple of days to go. Who is excited? Come on, it's gonna be epic.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:33 PM   #19
onesecondglance
pretending to be awake

I find "stoked" too American-sounding and not part of my natural lexicon, so it will suffice to say I am totally fookin' revved for the start of the season.

I will be sat reading the as-it-happens practice commentary on the BBC sport site tomorrow. I'd watch it if I thought I could get away with bringing a TV into work...

Old 03-15-2013, 04:48 AM   #20
DreamWeaver
Shakespearean Fool

DreamWeaver is better than ice cream with hot fudgeDreamWeaver is better than ice cream with hot fudgeDreamWeaver is better than ice cream with hot fudgeDreamWeaver is better than ice cream with hot fudgeDreamWeaver is better than ice cream with hot fudgeDreamWeaver is better than ice cream with hot fudgeDreamWeaver is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Less that 4 hours till the new NBCSports F1 coverage starts.

Oh, did I forget to put the 18 exclamation points after that that would actually represent how I feel? Silly me .

Why doesn't George R. R. Martin use Twitter? He already killed off all 140 characters!
DreamWeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #21
onesecondglance
pretending to be awake

Not a great start for a McLaren fan, but how brilliantly did Sutil do? A second faster than di Resta in both sessions despite a year away. di Resta is no slouch, either!

Old 03-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #22
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

KellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
Less that 4 hours till the new NBCSports F1 coverage starts.
Thanks for the warning!

I had just enough time to realize that my dvd recorder was on the fritz (again) and had to resort to the vcr... remember those? But it worked! I'll get to watch both practices this morning!

=)
Originally Posted by CassandraW View Post
What. the F. am I now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver King View Post
For Kelly, and others seeking soft asylum.
"It is only the large subjects and the big, sweeping themes that make cheap sentences possible." -Cleo Birdwell

Tears are peanut & helplessness.
KellyAssauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:30 PM   #23
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

Well, the Red Bulls did well, as did Sutil. Hamilton crashed earlier than I predicted, but it seems it was the car and not him. It is looking like a run-away win for Vettel at the moment.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:08 PM   #24
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

What a dissapointing qualifying, it only lasted ten minutes. I usually like races when it rains, however, when they just cancel the frigging thing, it is annoying.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:27 PM   #25
onesecondglance
pretending to be awake

The little bit we did get was pretty good, but yeah, a disappointing end. Must have been really gutting for the crowd too.