Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Freelance & Work for Hire > Nonpaying Markets
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 03:30 AM   #1
Let's Make Comics!
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Let's Make Comics! is on a distinguished road
Smile I want to make comics with you.

I have a passion for storytelling, and I have a lot of fun drawing, so Id like to make a webcomic. Unfortunately Im not much of a writer - especially when it comes to snappy dialogue - which is why Id like to collaborate with someone. Two (or more) heads are better than one!

Ive collaborated on serial projects in the past, so I have a realistic grasp of what it takes to get from Id like to make a webcomic to I have a webcomic. It can be a long ride, especially since I want to produce a full years worth of content before publishing anything. (This is so the comic can update regularly, even if something takes me away from it for a while.)

The extent of your contribution is entirely up to you; Im grateful for any amount of participation. In my last big project, one person helped with character development, another contributed to one chapter, and another wrote multiple chapters.

I started with an idea, developed characters, outlined some events Id like to see, and Ive even completed one chapter as a proof of concept. We can build upon what Ive already done or we can break it down and rebuild everything.

Dark, serious stuff doesnt interest me. My ideal webcomic would include light humor, pirates, ninjas, cute talking animals, a damsel in distress, and a portal to a steampunk universe where everything is illustrated in sepia tones. If these things also appeal to you, please send me a private message so we may have further discussion.

Thank you for considering my project.

***************** EDIT *****************

I'd like to update this post with some new details. While this is an ongoing story with full pages, I wouldn't call this a "graphic novel." It's more like...well...actually a user named Emerald describes it better than I can. This project is a...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald
character-driven sci-fi sitcom with zany humour similar to Adventure Time.
Nailed it! So that's what this is.

I have some Google Docs to share with interested parties.

Last edited by Let's Make Comics!; 02-21-2013 at 07:47 PM.
Let's Make Comics! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:54 AM   #2
bladestalker
practical experience, FTW

bladestalker is on a distinguished road
oooo I've been trying to find an artist for my comic scripst for a while now.

I'm very interested in collaborating with you. I have scripts I could send as samples and I have worked to order with other publishers in the past. Drop me an email @ charonprods @ shaw.ca and we'll talk.
bladestalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #3
Let's Make Comics!

I added some genre/style info to the first post, because I was getting contacted by different people interpreting the project in different ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladestalker View Post
oooo I've been trying to find an artist for my comic scripst for a while now.

I'm very interested in collaborating with you. I have scripts I could send as samples and I have worked to order with other publishers in the past. Drop me an email @ charonprods @ shaw.ca and we'll talk.
It's a small internet! We talked a couple years ago about collab for a live action short film. My email is on its way.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:08 AM   #4
MockingBird
Just a fool with a Dream

MockingBird is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Let's Make Comics! View Post
I have a passion for storytelling, and I have a lot of fun drawing, so Id like to make a webcomic. Unfortunately Im not much of a writer - especially when it comes to snappy dialogue - which is why Id like to collaborate with someone. Two (or more) heads are better than one!

Ive collaborated on serial projects in the past, so I have a realistic grasp of what it takes to get from Id like to make a webcomic to I have a webcomic. It can be a long ride, especially since I want to produce a full years worth of content before publishing anything. (This is so the comic can update regularly, even if something takes me away from it for a while.)

The extent of your contribution is entirely up to you; Im grateful for any amount of participation. In my last big project, one person helped with character development, another contributed to one chapter, and another wrote multiple chapters.

I started with an idea, developed characters, outlined some events Id like to see, and Ive even completed one chapter as a proof of concept. We can build upon what Ive already done or we can break it down and rebuild everything.

Dark, serious stuff doesnt interest me. My ideal webcomic would include light humor, pirates, ninjas, cute talking animals, a damsel in distress, and a portal to a steampunk universe where everything is illustrated in sepia tones. If these things also appeal to you, please send me a private message so we may have further discussion.

Thank you for considering my project.

***************** EDIT *****************

I'd like to update this post with some new details. While this is an ongoing story with full pages, I wouldn't call this a "graphic novel." It's more like...well...actually a user named Emerald describes it better than I can. This project is a...

Nailed it! So that's what this is.

I have some Google Docs to share with interested parties.
Active in the forums, I cannot make any promises right now but I would like to make a couple of animes in the future, but can't draw. That is if you're in to that
MockingBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:00 PM   #5
Let's Make Comics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MockingBird View Post
Active in the forums, I cannot make any promises right now but I would like to make a couple of animes in the future, but can't draw. That is if you're in to that
I can't take on any additional animation projects right now. They require much more time for me to complete. Comics are much faster to produce once all the development and writing is done.