Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Goals and Accomplishments
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 08:15 PM   #1
Undercover
I got it covered

Undercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Book Deal for my YA Novel

Finally, after a year and a half submission and during that time having a failed agent, I got a contract offer. And I did it with the help of me, myself and I.

I'll announce the publisher soon. All I can say right now is this place is top notch and I couldn't be happier!

Tenacity is the key my friends!

Disconnected
Undercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:18 PM   #2
Snowstorm
Baby plot bunneh finds a plot hole

Location: Lost in the Wyoming mountains. Don't try to rescue me.
Snowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Woo hoo! Congratulations, Undercover! Enjoy the weekend with plenty of refreshments of your choice!

Blood Atonement, a historical mystery, and Clear and Convincing Evidence, a contemporary mystery

WIP: Blood Atonement, the screenplay!

Blog Twitter Facebook

Snowstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:22 PM   #3
WriterWho
Edit . . . Edit . . . Edit . . .

WriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
That's wonderful! Congrats!
Old 02-23-2013, 08:46 PM   #4
beezle
Cheers

beezle has a golden reputationbeezle has a golden reputationbeezle has a golden reputationbeezle has a golden reputationbeezle has a golden reputationbeezle has a golden reputation
Big congrats, that's great news.
The Rainbow Serpent, Shock Totem #2, July 2010. Pseudopod, July 2012.

A Time Before, Kaleidotrope, October 2012.
beezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:40 PM   #5
Mr. Anonymous
Just a guy with a pen & a delusion

Mr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
That's awesome undercover. Congrats!

The Paradox of Vertical Flight- Greenwillow
TBA Novel - to be published by Greenwillow
BOOK LAUNCH!! & some thoughts
Mr. Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:55 PM   #6
Bloo
Roofied by Rylan

Bloo is well-respected
way to go!

Webpage
Facebook
Twitter
Tumblr
Author Profile
Amazon Page
Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:05 PM   #7
Ashwood
supercalifragilisticexpia lidocious

Ashwood is well-respected
Awesome! You're my hero!
Old 02-24-2013, 12:58 AM   #8
Rowan
Wielder of the Witchblade

Rowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congrats!

"There is something Pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything." - Lord Byron
Old 02-24-2013, 01:40 AM   #9
Unimportant
but appreciated anyway...

Unimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undercover View Post
And I did it with the help of me, myself and I.
Congratulations! Though I think it's likely you got a wee bit of help from Absolute Write and the Bewares/Recommendations list of publishers....
Unimportant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:20 AM   #10
D.Owczarek
practical experience, FTW

D.Owczarek has a spectacular auraD.Owczarek has a spectacular aura
That's just awesome! Congratulations!

D.Owczarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:29 AM   #11
Cyia
Rewriting My Destiny

Cyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congrats!

*paging Snoopies*

:s noopy:

Cyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:52 AM   #12
Siri Kirpal
Swan in Process

Siri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Hurray!

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal
Old 02-24-2013, 04:07 AM   #13
SheilaJG

SheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthood
Yay Undercover! That's great news. Congratulations!!!!!!

Represented by Molly Ker Hawn of The Bent Agency
Twitter
SheilaJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:59 AM   #14
Undercover
I got it covered

Undercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thanks Everyone!

Haha...yeah, Unimportant, you're absolutely right AW helped. I meant I did it without the help of any agent. Maybe I worded it wrong. Sorry bout that.

Disconnected
Old 02-24-2013, 05:07 AM   #15
taylormillgirl
Hopeless Romantic

taylormillgirl has a spectacular aurataylormillgirl has a spectacular aura
Quote:
Finally, after a year and a half submission and during that time having a failed agent, I got a contract offer. And I did it with the help of me, myself and I.

I'll announce the publisher soon. All I can say right now is this place is top notch and I couldn't be happier!

Tenacity is the key my friends!
That's awesome! Congrats!

SULTRY W1TH A TW1ST, now available from Sourcebooks!
Buy Me! Goodreads Facebook Twitter

AL1ENATED, YA sci-fi, coming in 2014 from Disney Hyperion.
Goodreads Facebook Twitter
taylormillgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:15 AM   #16
gingerwoman
Wicked Safari release date March3rd

gingerwoman is a splendid one to beholdgingerwoman is a splendid one to beholdgingerwoman is a splendid one to behold
Oh very exciting! Looking forward to hearing who the publisher is!

To find actively acquiring publishers and agents visit my blog
http://lisawhitefern.wordpress.com/
gingerwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:58 AM   #17
Unimportant

Unimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
T I meant I did it without the help of any agent.
Ah, got it. I'd thought you were talking about the book you'd received some helpful feedback on from a couple of agents. Which book did you sell?
Old 02-24-2013, 07:04 AM   #18
Jehhillenberg
More like the queen of typos. Oops!

Jehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congrats!!

"What's the most resilient parasite? An idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities...transform the world and rewrite all the rules." - Inception

"I don't have delusions of grandeur, I have an actual recipe for grandeur." - Limitless
Jehhillenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:51 AM   #19
wampuscat
Recovering adjective addict

wampuscat should run for Presidentwampuscat should run for Presidentwampuscat should run for Presidentwampuscat should run for Presidentwampuscat should run for Presidentwampuscat should run for President
Congrats!!!
wampuscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:54 AM   #20
Purple Rose

Purple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Wow, Lisa, this is FABULOUS news!!! After all you went through in previous years, I am thrilled for you. Well done!!
Old 02-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #21
Kayley
Bad Wolf

Kayley has earned our admirationKayley has earned our admirationKayley has earned our admirationKayley has earned our admiration
Congratulations, Undercover!

Tumblr
Kayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:10 AM   #22
Unimportant

And we are all waiting to hear the name of the publisher....hint hint!
Old 02-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #23
Undercover
I got it covered

Thanks again peoplez.

To answer your question from before Unimportant, I did have one I got a lot of agent help from, actually 5 R&Rs, it was nuts. That one is also a YA, but it's not the one that got the offer.

This publisher only deals with one genre, but they wanted to look at that one too. Though I'm not sure it will fit. It's nice they're at least looking at it.

Just waiting to get the contract back and get the okay to publicly announce it. Should be sometime next week I'm hoping. Thanks again everyone for your great support!

Disconnected
Old 02-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #24
trocadero

trocadero is a shiny, shiny jeweltrocadero is a shiny, shiny jewel
I'm really looking forward to hearing the story. Congratulations!
Old 02-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #25
Unimportant

I hope this publisher likes the Fix one, too!