Nyx's self publishing adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

NyxAustin

Registered
Reaction score
So, I published my first short story back in May. I wasn't sure whether to start one of these threads because I don't have anything longer than 4k up yet, but I'm finally diving in.

A thread to keep me accountable might be a good thing.

'What You Wish For' was published late May. That month it sold three copies.

In June it sold another two copies, and I added 'Monster' to my collection right at the end of that month which sold one copy. So three copies again in June.

Nothing yet for July, but I'll update at the end of the month with the numbers, if there are any.

My plan is to publish a total of ten short stories this year while editing my novel, and starting to write the next novel. I have one short story that I'm editing for the July release, and one that I'm writing for an August release. I'm also hoping to write the September, October and November releases this month, but we'll see how that goes.

I'm hoping by having stories already published, my novel will have a bit of a boost when it comes out. Plus, I enjoy writing them. Completing short stories is a great ego boost when slogging through the editing of a novel.

Ann Joyce

It's all about grace
Registered
Reaction score
I wish you well in your new endeaver, Nyx. Cheers!

Norman D Gutter

Engineer Sonneteer
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
davidatodd.com
In with a toe in the shallow end, with plans to immerse in steps. I like that approach.

Good luck, Nyx. May you have many publications and sales.

NDG

NyxAustin

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the well wishes. Same back at you.

Numbers for July:

Two copies of short story 'Monster' sold
And one copy of my 'Monsters and Wishes: An omnibus' sold.

So three sales again this month. That seems to be my number.

I'm not worried. Not expecting to sell much until I have more of a collection up, including longer things.

Currently I have three items up for sale: Two short stories, and an omnibus collection that includes those short stories and a flash.

Today I'm uploading another story. I'm going to double it up with 'What You Wish For', as it's linked to that one, and I'm trying to follow Dean Wesley Smith's model at least for the first couple years of this, depending how it works.

Not sure what I'm doing for next month's short. I've got one all written and pretty much polished, but I sent it around some magazines on a whim and so far it's gotten a lot of interest, but no bites yet. May keep that out a little longer.

Andrhia, that would be interesting. I'll be sure to have a look at your thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.