Titanium Spork Jousting Arena and Waffle Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimyth

Registered
Reaction score
See, I've always wanted to get a snootful of wine, or smoke a doob, and then try to write. My biggest problem in writing is not skill, it's confidence and my own brain inhibiting me. Maybe a snootful of booze might knock that down and let me just write.

Unfortunately it would never work. My first reaction to being high, regardless of source, is to fall asleep.

Have you considered meditation? It might prove to be a useful tool to 'quiet' that internal critique ;)

milkweed

Abuses commas at will.
Registered
Reaction score
Tea and hugs for those in dire need of them. :Hug2: :Coffee: I can write you a borg-rejection slip if you need one, Milkweed. Best of thoughts for your dad.

It worked. Plottage has been achieved! :hooray: In the dead of night, just as the wind was picking up outside, I wrote four words on a scrap of paper that even now, in the harsh light of day, may actually work. Furthermore I might just still include the grumpy cookie jar.

Let me return the favour: :whip::whip: and hope it'll help for you.

Borg rejection slip, love that! Now what would a borg rejection slip look like? :evil

Thank you everyone for the hugs, dad has fluid around his lungs that they are trying to reduce. Should know more this evening.

K-

asnys

Do Not Fear the Future
Registered
Reaction score
Website
atomic-skies.blogspot.com
Borg rejection slip, love that! Now what would a borg rejection slip look like? :evil

WE ARE THE BORG. YOU MAY RAISE YOUR SHIELDS AND DEPART. YOUR BIOLOGICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DISTINCTIVENESS IS SUPERFLUOUS TO OUR REQUIREMENTS. YOUR CULTURE'S SERVICE IS UNNECESSARY. PLEADING IS FUTILE. YOU WILL NOT BE ASSIMILATED.

Thank you everyone for the hugs, dad has fluid around his lungs that they are trying to reduce. Should know more this evening.

K-

Good luck!

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
WE ARE THE BORG. YOU MAY RAISE YOUR SHIELDS AND DEPART. YOUR BIOLOGICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DISTINCTIVENESS IS SUPERFLUOUS TO OUR REQUIREMENTS. YOUR CULTURE'S SERVICE IS UNNECESSARY. PLEADING IS FUTILE. YOU WILL NOT BE ASSIMILATED.

:roll:

And all is well and good until the Daleks show up. :D

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon Cantina!

I'm keeping this relatively short, as I'm super tired. We had our final double truck of the season today. It went surprisingly smooth for us, but getting up two hours earlier has left me feeling like a zombie. And despite being over week since getting my stomach bug, I'm still not feeling 100%. The nausea is all but gone, but I'm still getting pains in my back and lower GI. I just wish this things would go the hell away.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Yay Sian!

And :hi: all. Spent the day shopping with mom, and was able to get my very favoritest ice cream flavor in the whole world on the way home.

(It's peanut butter cup from Tanner's Dairy in Richboro, PA)

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
*be-bops into the cantina*
*happy dances around the smibble fort*

I feel good this evening! I got word count, I got books to read on my Kindle, I don't have to cook supper (pizza night). What's not to be happy about?

*dances around the room*

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
I have had a very weird day, and could kinda use some hugs, if folks have any to spare.
I gots the hugs! :Hug2::Hug2::Hug2:

I need an infusion of some calming tea because my sister in law is dancing on my last nerve right now! My dad is in the hospital seems since last week he's had a series of mild heart attacks, and strokes. I live 7 or so hours away. And she's being hateful. She thinks otherwise but she's condenscending and hateful.

Anywho... I reallllllllllllllly need to vent! :e2fight:
I have hugs and good thoughts going your way.

*BLECK* for nasty in laws.

Thank you! I'm very worried about my dad right now, last time I went through this everyone told me it'll be ok don't worry and poof my mother dropped dead, same damned thing!

Is it wrong of me to want my SIL to be rejected by the Borg??? I mean wouldn't THAT be the ultimate insult???:evil

We need a Borg rejection letter that we can send to people who annoy us badly enough.

You're not human... are you? :eek:
That is a question you should not ask in the Cantina unless you are prepared to accept the answer. :evil

Halp please.

Is there an opposite to the word 'yet'?

Thank you.

Still?
Already?

What sense of opposite are you looking for?

Yay Sian!

And :hi: all. Spent the day shopping with mom, and was able to get my very favoritest ice cream flavor in the whole world on the way home.

(It's peanut butter cup from Tanner's Dairy in Richboro, PA)
Favoritest icecream flavor in the world is full of win!

Today we have snow. Not so much yet, only 10 or 15cm, but they are saying that folks near the mountains can expect 70cm today. Unfortunately, that's pretty close to where I'm living and I have to drive to Kanazawa everyday for the next three days. That's about 75km or 45 miles one way. This is not going to be fun. :gaah

And today, I have to do it in less than 2 hours or be late. Good thing they know to expect me to be late if it snows, huh? :evil

milkweed

Abuses commas at will.
Registered
Reaction score

Good luck!

:e2point:

Thank you, I'm putting this one in my sig line!

milkweed

Abuses commas at will.
Registered
Reaction score
I gots the hugs! :Hug2::Hug2::Hug2:

I have hugs and good thoughts going your way.

*BLECK* for nasty in laws.

We need a Borg rejection letter that we can send to people who annoy us badly enough.

:evil

Thank you everyone for the hugs, should be getting an update sometime this evening on my dad.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Extra :Hug2:s, Milkweed.

I also had Chinese food and too much cheeseball.

... Do I even wanna know what "cheeseball" is?

The internet is unavoidable.

Truer words never spoken. :D

*sets up punching bag in the corner*

*waits for need-to-vent-ers to finish, then starts using the punching bag for cardio*

Have you considered meditation? It might prove to be a useful tool to 'quiet' that internal critique

Seconded- this is precisely the kind of thing meditation was invented for.

ION, weird brain is weird. Mum was watching a murder show, and one of the people was in the act of being strangled. Now, I saw a dead body in this past week, and that didn't bother me. But for some reason, watching the act take place, even when I knew it was fiction, did.

My brain is relatedly weird. Violence and guts and grossness and whatnot don't bother me at all, real or fictional. But show me a human being or animal in pain, and whether it's reality or acting, I'm going to be bothered for a long time.

I just weirded the hell out of my parents. :D

I normally don't wake up until like half 10 on days when I don't have to do anything. So it's currently going on 20 past 9 and I woke up about 10 minutes ago. So as I was going downstairs I heard my mum ask "bloody hell, who's awake?" and my dad said "well it can't be Steven, can it?" at which point I slid into the kitchen (we have laminated flooring) with a cheerful greeting.

Heh, I did the opposite to my parents once.

See, all my life, I've been a very early riser, and as a kid I needed very little sleep for some reason. So it was unusual for me not to be up by 6 and unheard of for me not to be up by just after 7.

One day, when I was about 13, I stayed in bed past 11am. Both parents thought about coming in to check on me... And couldn't get up the courage to do it because they were seriously afraid they'd find me dead.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have a tooth ache :eek:

And we all remember my Tooth Thing, don't we? :gone:

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
So, since New Year's is coming up, but on the actual eve I expect many of us (self included) to be too busy partying for introspection- I think it would be interesting to hear about any cool lessons you fine folks have learned in 2013. It can be something mundane, like "I learned to distinguish between 'then' and 'than'" if you like.

I learned a lot about being kind to oneself this year, but one lesson in particular stands out. At the end of 2012, if someone criticized me without knowing what they were talking about, I inevitably responded with logic or some form of argument based in facts. Nowadays I have gained enough self-respect to understand that I don't have to defend myself as if I were on trial- it is perfectly acceptable to simply tell them, "You have no right to say that until you've walked a mile in my shoes" (or, more succinctly, "Go fuck yourself"), or to not dignify it with an answer at all. I get to choose whether and when to stand trial now.

ION, I am making an omelette with two onions, an entire green pepper, and six eggs. I haven't eaten all day. Guess which bad habit I'm breaking in January? Skipping meals, that's the one.

I tried to break that last year, but didn't quite do it. I broke "going days without eating", though, which I guess was a step up.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
... Do I even wanna know what "cheeseball" is?

Ball of cheese. Usually cream cheese or other soft cheese with mix-ins like spices, nuts, veggies, or what have you. Usually delicious and addictive.

Sian, holy crap, way to go! I...really need to get started. I'm home now, so no excuse.

Can I show off a little bit? I need to show off a little bit.

My in-laws gave me this for Christmas.

ur2s.jpg

Isn't it beautiful? :heart::heart: It was Mr. Maxwell's grandpa and grandma's. Grandpa's still kicking at age 96, but he passed this on to the brother-and-sister-in-law. They decided that it should "go to the writer in the family." :heart::heart::heart: So they gave it to me for Christmas. It's still got the paper in there from the last time it was used.

bwz9.jpg

I probably won't ever use it due to age and memory, but it will have a place of honor right next to where I do my writing, to remind me what I'm working towards. They gave it to the writer. Now I need to earn it.

asnys

Do Not Fear the Future
Registered
Reaction score
Website
atomic-skies.blogspot.com
Well, I finished the first draft of my first short story in three-ish years. It's pretty terrible, but you got to start somewhere.

Isn't it beautiful? :heart::heart: It was Mr. Maxwell's grandpa and grandma's. Grandpa's still kicking at age 96, but he passed this on to the brother-and-sister-in-law. They decided that it should "go to the writer in the family." :heart::heart::heart: So they gave it to me for Christmas. It's still got the paper in there from the last time it was used.

Oh, cool!

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, nice one. I feel already properly shunned after reading it. Better than what I would be able to come with.

And all is well and good until the Daleks show up. :D
That would be an epic showdown, though. Borg versus Dalek. I would totally watch that.

Status
Not open for further replies.