New Year; New Prompt!

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I bet I'm not the only one who has been a lousy & lazy writer lately. But it's a new year! So, let's get back on track, shall we?

Your challenge, should you accept: write a short story/poem/chapter/scene for kids that includes the following: 1) an ice-cream cone, 2) a pet, and 3) a pest.

Post your responses in the Children's Share Your Work section, titling them "January prompt: [title of your piece]". Be sure to drop a line here letting us know you've posted a response.

Have fun! :D

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
New members can participate, too!

By the way, we're happy to let newbies participate in the writing prompts and have their prompt responses critiqued in the Share Your Work section. The Starting new threads in SYW - fifty post count requirement thread provides instructions for you:

Added: on the subject of writing challenges that take place within SYW, and new members wanting to participate but being unable to post their challenge because they don't have 50 posts yet... there's a very easy way to get around this:

Reply in the challenge thread -- it would help if you include your story title and challenge details in the subject line -- and then use the report post button
report.gif
or PM a SYW moderator or supermod to request that your post be moved into a new thread in the same forum. (Any subsequent posts in the challenge thread in reply to your post, will also be moved into the new thread.)
Make sense? PM a mod if you have any questions.

:)Smish

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Absolutely, Tromboli. Rodent, younger brother, dragon... completely up to you. :D

jilly61

aye aye in search of an agent
Registered
Reaction score
I've put something up there. It's the first thing I've written this year so apologies in advance. At least it's a start. I needed the shove :)