Grandma Susie's House of FUNNERS 'N FLOOZIES Volume VII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alleycat

Waiting for Godot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning.

I demand coffee!

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
good am house of overstuffed granchittlens :D Hope you all had a great cheesecake choco. pie kinda day. We went the non-traditional route w. our t-day dinner, pizza 'n lasagna - boy, was that delish! :) :Cake:s for later gator. :) aww, I am such a cute lil 'gurl'. Thx much for the new avi. luv it! :Hug2:s Th Hugx much for the cute new avi. Luv it as usual. Many thx kee. :Hug2:s

Last edited:

alleycat

Waiting for Godot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mine was turkey-less. :-(

But it wasn't pie-less. :)

Now off to the grocery story and then lunch with a friend. It's cold here today. For the time since last winter I'm going to wear a jacket.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I still have some leftover turkey. But I am not sharing, NOT!

:e2teeth:

I also went online yesterday and did most of my Christmas shopping on Amazon. Heh.

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
Siri, I'm glad to hear all is going well. My MIL stayed in a convalescent facility for awhile after her hospital stay. It was for the best at that time.

To do list for the day:
Do laundry
Settle in with Kindle and read until eyes fall out. :D

alleycat

Waiting for Godot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Back from the grocery store. What fun.

I figured they would have turkey breasts on sale, but noooo, there was very little turkey in the cooler. It was Publix and they were closed yesterday so they may have stocked fewer turkeys.

alleycat

Waiting for Godot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just got some smoked turkey instead. I like the pre-cooked smoked turkey but it's a little pricey for turkey.

alleycat

Waiting for Godot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just assumed the meat case would be full of turkeys and turkey breasts. They mostly had turkey thighs and a few frozen turkeys.

Oh, well. I got a cherry pie. That will make up for the turkey.

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
I am Death, destroyer of words! *insert maniacal laugh here*

Seriously, H&G is down to 130,647 words. It's a good thing, because I've only got forty pages of manuscript left. But still, it looks as though it might come in at less than 130k, and that would be a very good thing.

Plus, it's tighter writing. It's the main thing that keeps me going during word slaughter (although the encouragement has really helped). There's nothing quite like looking at my manuscript, that I quite liked before, and feeling that happy glow of knowing that it's better now.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
You know what's sad? I'd noticed that this thread wasn't coming up in my feed, but until today, it didn't occur to me that it was because y'all had started a new volume.

Anyway. Happy belated Thanksgiving, House of Pie.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, house of the aftermath.

Let's go shopping!

Or not.

I did. I went shopping. It was a madhouse and I spent as much time driving around looking for parking as I did inside the mall.

But I got a nice new pair of sandals and a book. And groceries. :D

Oh, well. I got a cherry pie. That will make up for the turkey.

I think HJ is keeping some tofurkey for you. :)

alleycat

Waiting for Godot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just got home. I plan on staying home. Traffic isn't too bad but it can be an adventure.

Susie

Registered
Reaction score
well former nursey came over today for 2 mts. and brought what little was left of her turkey! Her husband and granddaughter found our food 'n devoured it. Moral of this story: Don't tell folks to wait an extra day to visit if they're bringing food with them. lol. Hope your day is goin' super uber duper. :Cake:s!

Quentin Nokov

King of the Kitties
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, no Siri. The oven caught fire?! That happened one time with our oven. Grease at the bottom of the oven caught fire and I was like, "Oh, no! Dad! There's a fire in the oven!"

Mom: "There's a fire in the oven?! Oh, no! Oh, no!"

His response. *Shrug* "Okay."

Me: o_O? "Should we--like--do anything?"

Him: "Nah, it'll burn out. Just keep the door closed."

He was right; it burned out. He's pretty relaxed.

Be gone evil extra words. Come again in another story. And bring the sub-plot that went the way of delete!!

Lol! Truly. Congratulation on cutting out some more words, Cathleen! You're turning into a serial word killer. Perhaps it's a good thing you gave sets of steak-knives away to critters, I'd be afraid what you might do to your story if you had more of them at your side ^.^

well former nursey came over today for 2 mts. and brought what little was left of her turkey! Her husband and granddaughter found our food 'n devoured it. Moral of this story: Don't tell folks to wait an extra day to visit if they're bringing food with them. lol. Hope your day is goin' super uber duper. :Cake:s!

They devoured your food?! That's so rude to me! I was raised that you never go into someone else's refrigerator. I know some people don't care either way, but I feel too awkward helping myself. As a kid, I hated going into my aunt's fridge even if she gave my permission and when I did, I only went for water. I feel like fridges are kind of like a family's personal space. To me, looking into someone's refrigerator is like looking into their checkbook, because I really believe refrigerators reflect a person's financial status--or at least their ability to cook ^.^

Last edited:

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it was a case of the food being in the nurse's fridge, waiting to be delivered to Susie, when the nurse's family ate it. Not Susie's fridge.

Or at least, that was my understanding of it?

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

My scientist brother put the fire out by topping it with aluminum foil. Just shutting the door and waiting it out wasn't the best idea given the amount of food in there.

Congrats to Cathleen on the word loss! I'm just the opposite and always need to add 5K words or so. But yeah, it's a great feeling to see the work get better, no matter what the editing process is.

We did some grocery shopping today. (Mostly for me, since Mr. Siri begins his trek home tomorrow.) Was pretty easy, but one of the stores was in walking distance. Condolences to those of you that had a hard time.

Prayers for those that need them. Gratitude for all the kind comments by rep and post. But don't expect me to bring any turkey. Here's some pie and :Cake: and cookies instead.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Susie

Registered
Reaction score
'ey, all. You guys sound like your gobble day was good. Ours was quiet, but okay. Our bellies were full 'n the tv was on. What could be better 'n o' course, :Cake:s :D and you guyz. :Hug2:s Glad the fire was put out Siri 'n super on the words, Cathleen. Anyone else celebratin' something good other than post t-day? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.