The Premiership

nkkingston

Bemused Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.solelyfictional.org
Do you think his parents named him for the pun? I'm sure the papers can't have been he first ones to latch on to "Harry Kane season" etc.

Little bit smug about QPR losing to Sheff U 3-0 today. Harry Redknapp is no friend of Saints, so it's always good to see him do badly. Hopefully QPR will kick him to the curb soon.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Man Utd 0 Southampton 1 at Old Trafford - Woo hoo! Amazing game to watch in the middle of a bunch of Utd supporters. Totally deserved victory.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Another huge win for Southampton away at Newcastle. Earned it too, these boys defend very well.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Oh my.
If this weekend wasn't interesting enough,
next weekend is the one I probably shouldn't talk about at all.
It's time for that derby.

Yikes.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
So anyways, this fantasy futball thing. It's driving me crazy. Just about the time I think I have some of it figured out one of my choices gets suspended or injured and I have to re-figure it all out. Today I had the most uncomfortable choice of whether or not to keep Kane as captain as the Spurs face against their biggest rival, or appoint Aguero as ManC faces Hull? How do I even guess? I should give it to a midfielder... You guys should have warned me that this thing was so crazy difficult!

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Okay, serious question: what the hell is wrong with Everton? There's waaaay too much talent there for the club to be as low in the table as it is right now. Six wins in twenty seven games? Six?!?! For those of you closer to all of this, is Martinez on his way out? Gah!

On the Fantasy front, what's up with this week? Some teams have multiple games, right? Seems to me that if one doesn't have Kane and/or Austin on their starting eleven (and as captain), one could get knocked into oblivion in just this week, as both play two games. If Kane is captain and scores a brace or better in both games (entirely possible), that's a truckload of points, right?

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Currently second bottom in the Championship, 9 points from safety

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Is Wigan set to drop again? Wow, that's pretty sad. I haven't seen any of their games. Have they lost all their good players or are they just playing like crap?

They're a tiny club who got promoted to the Premiership thanks to a rich owner - Bournemouth and Brentford are trying the same thing this year. They had a few good years but there are many clubs in Lancashire, so when relegation came - which it does to everyone except Arsenal eventually - their gates fell off. Their decent players (I think - I haven't paid much attention) are mainly gone and they're currently plummeting towards division three. Both their owner and manager have been at the centre of major racism scandals.

And their rich owner has stood down just today leaving his 23-year-old grandson in charge, which doesn't sound promising.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
In fact, it's turning into an even worse day for Wigan as Cardiff City, the former employers of their manager Malky Mackay, have presented further evidence of Mackay's dodgy text messages.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Would the last supporter to leave early,
please turn off the stadium of light...

:cry:

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Would the last supporter to leave early,
please turn off the stadium of light...

:cry:

I was at the Stadium of Light the day we won the Championship a few years ago. That was quite a party.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
I'd want to be there once. If I could see a match there and maybe one at White Hart Lane, I'd be happy.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
I'd want to be there once. If I could see a match there and maybe one at White Hart Lane, I'd be happy.

It was a great evening. We lost 1-0 so they didn't get grumpy, and West Brom lost somewhere grim so we were champions anyway. And they had an ex-Ipswich striker so we could do comedy booing for 90 minutes. Their stewards let one of supporters run up and down the touchline with a huge flag for that genuine Latin American vibe.

Sunderland in a weird way have been our Northern allies since our Milk Cup final in 1985. We even have our own Friendship Trophy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friendship_Trophy).

I've been to White Hart Lane once. Chris Waddle scored virtually from a corner flag. His mullet had the magical ability to negate the laws of physics.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
I'd say that, generally speaking, when West Brom goes up on Chelsea 3-nil... the whole world becomes a little funnier.

With only a few games left, any predictions on that final spot of relegation?

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
I'm far too busy thinking about Wembley to worry about who's coming the other way.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Hull - they've got to beat Man Utd and don't have the firepower, otherwise I'd say Newcastle. Newcastle have really fallen apart in their last matches, there is something seriously wrong at the heart of that club.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
I think a lot depends on what Sunderland does tomorrow. They've been looking good, but a poor performance against Arsenal could leave them in serious jeopardy, because of goal differential, given their last match is against Chelsea and I expect a big rebound performance from the Blues.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Norwich beat Man City 1-0 away on the last day of the season a couple of years ago, despite being, well, less than fantastic. Funny things happen when players are thinking about their holidays. Not saying Hull will win, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did. Which is more than I can say for Newcastle.