Dzien dobry!

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
all LIES! :)
It's a yearly meeting and I'm the third Guyanese guest speaker... they seem to have a special place in their hearts for Guyana and its authors.

Creative Cowboy

A Reader Is A Writer's Best Friend.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I am working on a story and I need a name for colour, a passing character but a notable one, same as if you were writing about America in 1860 and your protagonist mentioned the American President. You would need to know the name is Lincoln. I need to know who the head, or who the most likely candidate to head, the Pruszkow mafia would be in 2003?

I know there was a power vacuum with the assassination of "Pershing." And I know many rats fled only to be later brought back to justice in Poland. But the Pruszkow mafia continued during this time. Someone or a coalition of persons must have kept the heart beating. I need to know, with documented source in Polish is fine, whom would be the likely candidate for that? I need a name, like Lincoln, as I am writing a crime story involving this group.

I hope someone in this topic can help me out. This is a minor detail but it is an important one.

Is there anyone still here? Would anyone please kindly help? I am on deadline for this story - spring 2016. I would appreciate your help, please?

Tocotin

deceives
Registered
Reaction score
Hello there.

I did some web browsing, and apparently after the assassination of Pershing, the Pruszków mafia was ruled by a coalition of six:

Janusz Parasol "Parasol" ("Parasol" or "Umbrella")
Zygmunt Rażniak "Bolo"
Andrzej Banasiak "Słowik" ("Nightingale")
Ryszard Szwarc "Kajtek"
Mirosław Danielak "Malizna" ("Tiny")
Leszek Danielak "Wańka" ("Ivan")

I'm not an expert or anything, but I guess you can easily use one of the above names, they would be familiar for the criminal world.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Creative Cowboy

A Reader Is A Writer's Best Friend.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Thank you very much for this! I have one of these names I am sure of, Miroslaw Danielak but some of them were on the run outside of Poland.

Can you tell me, please, which ones were still in Poland, able to be "hands on." Do you have any web pages you can share, giving this information? I would appreciate the source.