• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Liquid Silver Publishing (formerly Liquid Silver Books)

MsLaylaCakes

Playing the waiting game
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.taraquan.com
People have made use of the print rights. I vaguely remember a thread in the author's Google Groups loop with a how-to of sorts... (once Terri adds you, you should be able to search through it and find out what to do. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful--I haven't looked into doing this myself so I have no idea exactly what the steps are. Definitely has been done though, and people have even coordinated with the cover artist so the print and ebook covers match.)

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
I've always been a little curious and interested in submitting to LSB. How well does M/M romance do?

What about a story with a heat rating of 2?

SueBee

Addicted To Romance & Reese's Cups
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susanbehon.com
I love Liquid Silver Books! Everyone there is friendly and their response time to e-mails is amazing.

Last edited:

SueBee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susanbehon.com
Good luck!;) I love working with them.

This year started with some very bad news, and I withdrew several submissions I had out there in order to concentrate on family matters, but I have wanted to work with LS for a while, and when they extended me an offer I dithered, but then I had to accept! I am very happy to be joining the house and am wading through the myriad of paperwork! By golly their turnaround from acceptance to publication is wicked fast, but I'm telling myself I can do it! Wish me luck!

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for good wishes and answers Tara and Suebee! I am VERY interested in selling print versions alongside my digitals at LSB, if I can do them at a competitive price, but not for this first book. It's a novella and I'm not sure what the uptake would be or if 40K is worth it, cost-wise for readers. However, I have a full-length novel to be polished somewhere in my convoluted pipeline and if I offer it to LS (and if they want it, of course!) I would like to pursue this option. I have a rather large readership in one of the genres I write in, and I think I could sell a good amount of books. Frustrating, that my main publisher does not do print or POD. So...yeah, LS might be a very good fit for me on many fronts. Fingers crossed.

Terri Schaefer

Ed Director, Liquid Silver Books
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.liquidsilverbooks.com
Pisco -- I saw that Tara answered you on print. I highly recommend Draft 2 Digital if you wanna go the print route. I used them on my last indie project and it was super easy :)

Terri Schaefer

Ed Director, Liquid Silver Books
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.liquidsilverbooks.com
c.m.n. -- I'll let any of our M/M writers chime in on #s, but if you want, shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] and I might be able to answer any questions you might have and put you in touch with folks not on AW. It honestly depends on genre.

Cheers!

Terri

SueBee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susanbehon.com
You are very welcome, Pico. :)

Thanks for good wishes and answers Tara and Suebee! I am VERY interested in selling print versions alongside my digitals at LSB, if I can do them at a competitive price, but not for this first book. It's a novella and I'm not sure what the uptake would be or if 40K is worth it, cost-wise for readers. However, I have a full-length novel to be polished somewhere in my convoluted pipeline and if I offer it to LS (and if they want it, of course!) I would like to pursue this option. I have a rather large readership in one of the genres I write in, and I think I could sell a good amount of books. Frustrating, that my main publisher does not do print or POD. So...yeah, LS might be a very good fit for me on many fronts. Fingers crossed.

haunted

Now is the winter of my discontent.
Registered
Reaction score
print

Also loving the print option open to authors at Liquid Silver, really fabulous. I subbed as well!

kelliewallace

Registered
Reaction score
I submitted to them last week and I received a form and nice rejection today. They said even though they enjoyed parts of my ms, they rejected it because I had written it in a passive voice and pacing was off. It was nice to get a personalised letter.

haunted

Registered
Reaction score
print

Sorry to hear it Kellie. I really need the print to sell at my events, so it's nice they allow us to use the rights.

Last edited:

Maddie

Roe Draje
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saraville.com
Based on all I've read here, I'd love Liquid Silver to contract my next book. I subbed on January 27th, and since then, have been on pins and needles. I do appreciate that Terie is extremely communicative.

Sibyl696

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Pico on landing them and Good Luck with those quick edits - I am going to be going through the same thing with them :)

So I subbed to them on 1/7 - I had other subs out as well dating back to early December. Terri reached out to me last week and extended an offer. After much consideration and some questions back and forth with Terri via email, I decided (today) to accept it. The big selling point with LSB's contract was that I retained the print rights (and all the other rights too, minus digital). The other publishers I was subbing too only stated a book may go into print under certain circumstances (determined by the publisher). I really want my book in print even if it means POD through someplace like CreateSpace.

Terri mentioned they were hoping for a Mid-May release - which they may extend depending on how the edits go. It could release in June or July. Talk about a fast turnaround! Either way I'm thrilled to be with Liquid Silver. :D

Anywho, best of luck haunted and maddie - I'm rooting for you both! :)

Last edited:

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Pico on landing them and Good Luck with those quick edits - I am going to be going through the same thing with them :)

So I subbed to them on 1/7 - I had other subs out as well dating back to early December. Terri reached out to me last week and extended an offer. After much consideration and some questions back and forth with Terri via email, I decided (today) to accept it. The big selling point with LSB's contract was that I retained the print rights (and all the other rights too, minus digital). The other publishers I was subbing too only stated a book may go into print under certain circumstances (determined by the publisher). I really want my book in print even if it means POD through someplace like CreateSpace.

Terri mentioned they were hoping for a Mid-May release - which they may extend depending on how the edits go. It could release in June or July. Talk about a fast turnaround! Either way I'm thrilled to be with Liquid Silver. :D

Anywho, best of luck haunted and maddie - I'm rooting for you both! :)

Congrats! I hope the experience is fab for you and and that you have many sales! I'm still getting used to everything, asking lots of questions, but I have a great feeling about LS and am really happy I left my submission with them and didn't pull it when life went wonky in Jan! I'm going in with realistic expectations, i.e., I don't think my bookiewookie will sell masses and masses of copies or hit bestsellerdom. LOL. It's not a very high heat level, and I think their levels 3 and 4 sell better. But I'm thinking long term and backlist, and the print option is veeery attractive. See you on the boards! :partyguy:

Last edited:

Sibyl696

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Maddie and Pisco :)

Contract is officially signed, we're looking at a June release. Pisco, when is yours being released?

I sent off a short email to Terri about the 2 sequels in the works (one I'm in the process of editing, the second I'm in the process of writing) and she is interested in them as well, but wants to read them first.

Maddie and haunted, any news yet?

haunted

Registered
Reaction score
No news, and congrats to you! Mine is pretty dark suspense, so I don't know....however there is a sequel mapped out too...I should be hearing back soon.

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Maddie and Pisco :)

Contract is officially signed, we're looking at a June release. Pisco, when is yours being released?

I sent off a short email to Terri about the 2 sequels in the works (one I'm in the process of editing, the second I'm in the process of writing) and she is interested in them as well, but wants to read them first.

Maddie and haunted, any news yet?

Congratulations! My release is scheduled for April and I am currently in edits. Very happy so far, and looking forward to seeing my cover.Hope you have a good experience with LS.

haunted

Registered
Reaction score
Got my R today-just not quite enough Romance unfortunately. It definitely leans Paranormal Suspense, but I was hoping! LOL Nice personal note, and offer to look at anything else with a bit more Romance. Love the company and will sub again for sure.

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
Got my R today-just not quite enough Romance unfortunately. It definitely leans Paranormal Suspense, but I was hoping! LOL Nice personal note, and offer to look at anything else with a bit more Romance. Love the company and will sub again for sure.

Aw, sorry to hear that! If it's any consolation the same thing happened to me with my first submission to Liquid Silver, but I tried again and here we are. So I'd definitely submit again. Hope you find a good house for your book!

haunted

Registered
Reaction score
I did send another book over, still paranormal suspense, but with a stronger romance. Hoping it is strong enough. Glad to hear your second sub went well!

Sibyl696

Registered
Reaction score
haunted, Sorry to hear the first one was an R :( but fingers crossed for you for the second submission!

Updrifting

Writer without permission.
Registered
Reaction score
Where it's really, really cold out half the year.
Website
errinstevens.com
Been following this thread for the past month or so while I subbed my first ms out hither and yon, but am posting in person here because I just signed with LS! I am very much looking forward to my experience with them. Their response time was amazing, their acquisitions editor aggressive (flattering? I'm such a sucker...) enough for me to unconsider a two other pubs who offered, and their initial editorial advice was spot-on, IMO. As in, "I'm such an idiot. I really should have thought of that years ago."

So. Will continue checking/weighing in, but at the moment, I'm psyched!