• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Liquid Silver Publishing (formerly Liquid Silver Books)

ncq13

Hi ALL! I am preparing a second novel which I am considering releasing as an ebook, and I was wondering if any authors here have any stories about Liquid Silver Publishing. I have googled my little heart out and can't seem to find anything negative or positive, but I'm VERY interested in pitching to them.
I have recently learned to check here in addition to other sources when considering a publisher!!
Thanks!
Kate
www.katestamour.com

AnneMarble

Re: Liquid Silver Publishing

I can't speak for the way they treat writers. However, I do know they've been around for quite a while -- not as long as Ellora's Cave, for example, but longer than some. For what it's worth, I've actually browsed their site, although I'm not sure if I've bough any of their books yet. I buy so many e-books that I forget sometimes. :shrug

Their books are sold via Fictionwise, as well as on their own website, which is generally a good sign for an indie e-publisher. Their books also get reviewed by places like JustEroticRomanceReviews. (I'm not sure if Romantic Times reviews them.)

Also, like a lot of other romantica publishers, they seem to actively promote their books. :heart They have a discussion forum and a newsletter (available from their home page), and they have a reader discussion group on YahooGroups:
groups.yahoo.com/group/li...erreaders/

They are an imprint of Atlantic Bridge Publishing, and that publisher rings a bell, although I can't remember why. Anyone else remember what's up (or down) with Atlantic Bridge Publishing?

ncq13

Thank you! This is great information!

~ Kate

thorgunna

Hi. I'm an Atlantic Bridge author---the non-erotica side of Liquid Silver Books.

The same woman owns both AB and LSB. She is above-board all the way. I receive my royalty checks on time. She answers my questions honestly and quickly. I understand from her (and some LSB authors) that some LS books are selling a thousand or more copies in e-book format. Holy smut!

Ellora's Cave is still the Queen of Romantica publishing, but LSB is going to give them a run for their money. I have downloaded books from both house now...and found them well-done. The EC ebook had a 5 typos. The LSB had one.

Peg

ncq13

Hmm. My only remaining questions are, "Are the 'in print' books POD?"
And if they are POD, "What is their distibution?"

Thanks!
~Kate
katestamour.com

nolabohemian

I was just hired on as a editor for LSB; haven't got a book yet, though. As far as I know, the paperbacks they put out aren't POD in most cases. You can check out the board at Liquid Silver Books; everyone is very available and will answer questions quickly and in depth

BonnieD

Registered
Reaction score
Liquid Silver Books

Requesting any information on Liquid Silver Books, either positive or negative. I'm interested in submitting there and found nothing at P&E, so I'm checking here. Thanks.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bonnie, you might also ask at this forum's Erotica board, where you may find other people with direct experience with LSB.

Maryn

Hailey-Edwards

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.haileyedwards.net
I signed a contract with LSB on the first of Sept and am expecting my second one to arrive any day. I love this press. The publisher and acquisitions director are amazing.

I had only been writing for about 6 months when I submitted to them. They took the time to tell me what to do to improve the story and make it marketable.

Three revisions later, I had a contract and two very supportive people excited about my work. The other authors are supportive and kind.

Last edited:

Fallon Blake

Registered
Reaction score
Website
fallonblake.blogspot.com
Any new news about this press? I just received a request for my full MS from Tracey West. The response time was unbelievably quick. I've read a few of their books and love some of the authors they publish, but haven't heard much more about the publishing end.

YAwriter72

someone let me off this crazy ride
Registered
Reaction score
We all live under the same sky, but we don't all h
Website
www.leebross.com
I love working with LS and my sales are still decent. I still get royalty checks and I have been out a year. And with only one novella too. (I changed what I wrote, so never got around to doing anymore) I would highly recommend them and they are consistantly in the top 3-5 E-Pubs. :)

rejectME

Registered
Reaction score
The "About Us" page says they are an imprint of Atlantic Bridge, which doesn't seem to advertise the print aspect of their books much at all until you click on the book. Any other thoughts?

JanDarby

Registered
Reaction score
If you're looking for print books, LSB is probably not the right publisher for you.

If you want to epublish, though, they're professional and dedicated to making the business work over the long term, and have great cover artists. Their business practices are solid, and I've heard good things about their customer service. Sales numbers, as anywhere, depend largely on the specific subgenre.

JD

Marisa Chenery

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.marisachenery.com
I love LSB. I have 8 books out with them now, with another out either next month or in Nov. I also was offered another contract from them this morning, I'm happy about that. I find them extremely easy to work with, and they are happy to answer any of your questions. I highly recommend them. I've had some really great sales numbers on my werewolf series.

Last edited:

michael_b

So many ideas, never enough time.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelbarnette.com
Sales of my m/m co-authored cyberpunk book have far exceeded listed sales data expectations for titles at Liquid Silver Books based on the EREC information.

Overall I'm fairly pleased with Liquid Silver and have a story in a two author anthology with them as well as a novel waiting a decision and one that they requested some revisions on.

Brindle Chase

Dancing on the edge
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.forlorn-hope.net
Sales of my m/m co-authored cyberpunk book have far exceeded listed sales data expectations for titles at Liquid Silver Books based on the EREC information.

Overall I'm fairly pleased with Liquid Silver and have a story in a two author anthology with them as well as a novel waiting a decision and one that they requested some revisions on.

How far? I know its personal, but I'd really love to know. trying to get a feel for the range, rather than the average. EREC gives the average, but if an epub were to sell 50k copies, I'd love to know.. etc.. etc.. you can email or PM me if thats more comfortable... and if not at all, I also respect that. I'm just very curious about epub sales ranges!

Brindle Chase

Dancing on the edge
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.forlorn-hope.net
The data I have only goes to July of this year which only gives me sales data for 8 months total--it came out in mid-December 2008--but it has sold well over three times the number of books as reported for the EREC's 'one year sales total.'

Thank you!! that is awesome and congrats!!!

Lainey Bancroft

Cover Me!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elaineforlife.com
How far? I know its personal, but I'd really love to know. trying to get a feel for the range, rather than the average. EREC gives the average, but if an epub were to sell 50k copies, I'd love to know.. etc.. etc.. you can email or PM me if thats more comfortable... and if not at all, I also respect that. I'm just very curious about epub sales ranges!

The range is huge! I agree with Veinglory that the right publisher makes the difference, but as JanDarby pointed out, genre plays a MAJOR role.

LSB is great to work with and I'd query them again with the right project, but just to play devils advocate and give you an idea of range, my story (released March 09) has not sold half the reported copies on the EREC site. My story is in a Sterling Silver Anthology (more mainstream heat level) Hotter definitely sells better.

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com

So has that title outsold the one(s) you mentioned in the other thread, from the other publisher?

LSB is a great house, with a great reputation. I'd been loosely planning to submit something to them myself, but I basically stopped writing in the genre, so it just never happened.