• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Liquid Silver Publishing (formerly Liquid Silver Books)

Ms. Jem

Love, Lust and Ghosts
Registered
Reaction score
Website
danitaminnis.com

Ah. Not bad - in the middle of the pack. They look like they support their writers, too. Thanks!

Thanks, that is good to know!

Congrats Ms. Jem and many sales to you!

I don't write smutty enough to submit to them....yet ;)

Thanks akaria - I've been working on it. :D

They have a 'Sterling Silver' line that doesn't require as much sexual content as their other lines.

That's what I like about them - something for everyone. They are very easy to work with.

michael_b

So many ideas, never enough time.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelbarnette.com
How are their sales? They're one publisher I'm looking at for a second round of querying.

For me they've been really good. They've stopped issuing anthologies because--as just about every publisher will tell you--those don't sell as well as single author, single story ebooks.

JanDarby

Registered
Reaction score
They've always acted very professionally, throughout the time I've had books with them. Responses within the promised timeframe; same for edits, release dates, sales info and payments.

Also, the people I've dealt with have been nice. Which isn't, standing alone, a reason to sign with a publisher, but it's a bonus factor, once the basics of sales and professionalism have been confirmed.

Ms. Jem

Love, Lust and Ghosts
Registered
Reaction score
Website
danitaminnis.com
They've always acted very professionally, throughout the time I've had books with them. Responses within the promised timeframe; same for edits, release dates, sales info and payments.

Also, the people I've dealt with have been nice. Which isn't, standing alone, a reason to sign with a publisher, but it's a bonus factor, once the basics of sales and professionalism have been confirmed.

I can second that professionalism. It certainly gives you a comfort level. I feel lucky dealing with professionals on my first publishing!

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
They have a solid reputation. They are not one of the very top epubs for sales but they are better than the vast majority. Werewolf books tend to sell the best for them I believe. When they do reject they tend to take the trouble to give good feedback rejections.

michael_b

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelbarnette.com
Well... I'm excited to say I just signed a contract with Liquid Silver Books for my novella "Two in Winter" (I subbed it yesterday, so I was very surprised to hear back so quickly!)

That's a remarkably fast turn around.

Congratulations. LSB is a good company. I have a few books with them already.

Eva Lefoy

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
writery.wordpress.com
*waves at Danita and Michael and Vanessa!*

I spent the last year working for Liquid Silver Books as an acquisitions reader, a proofer/editor, and just recently a social media promoter. I can say that Georgia Woods is an editor that knows what she's doing. In addition, Roscoe and Mike are lovely to work with.

If you have any hesitation about subbing to them, contact Georgia. She can fill you in on what you need to know.

:)

Yvette

Cheryl Mackie

Striving for greatness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cherriemack.com
Jumping up and down...

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to stop by and say hello. I just recently published my debut novel Ache of Desire with Siren publishing. Based on the above posts I submitted my novella, Follow That Dress, to LSB one week ago. I got an offer today from Georgia Woods. :hooray:
I cannot wait to get started.

michael_b

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelbarnette.com
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to stop by and say hello. I just recently published my debut novel Ache of Desire with Siren publishing. Based on the above posts I submitted my novella, Follow That Dress, to LSB one week ago. I got an offer today from Georgia Woods. :hooray:
I cannot wait to get started.

Congratulations. I've been with LSB since 2009 and they've been great to work with.

Cheryl Mackie

Striving for greatness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cherriemack.com
Hi. Thanks for the well wishes. I am excited to get started. I have a paranormal erotic romance series in the works as well. First one is almost complete. I will be submitting to LSB. My other two in the circle of six trilogy belong with Siren. Ache of Desire was released with them on Thursday. It's slow but steady... phew....I'm sweating over here....:) Any advice on reviews? I submitted Ache of Desire to more than a few sites but it hasn't been picked up yet. Twiddling my thumbs.

michael_b

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelbarnette.com
Hi. Thanks for the well wishes. I am excited to get started. I have a paranormal erotic romance series in the works as well. First one is almost complete. I will be submitting to LSB. My other two in the circle of six trilogy belong with Siren. Ache of Desire was released with them on Thursday. It's slow but steady... phew....I'm sweating over here....:) Any advice on reviews? I submitted Ache of Desire to more than a few sites but it hasn't been picked up yet. Twiddling my thumbs.

Cherrie,

I know a lot of great places, but don't worry too much right now. LSB sends out to a lot of places. If you don't see any reviews pop up on an 'I love me' Googlfu search after a couple of months, PM me and I'll send you a list of good review sites. (Places where I'm sure the books are not posted to pirate sites by their reviewers.)

Last edited:

Cheryl Mackie

Striving for greatness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cherriemack.com
Cherrie, try the Book Promotion Ideas and Advice forum for some help with reviews! It looks like there's an index to reviewers there and probably some people who could give you some good tips. :)

Thank you Layla. I will check it out. My book with Siren came out Thursday. The sales are slow but steady. I am a new author with zero readership so I imagine with all the books coming out it can be challenging to get a review. I submitted through manic readers book depot and I only submitted to the sites Siren recommended. Oh well, (shrug) I guess the review sites are like a submission. It's a waiting game.

Cherrie

Cheryl Mackie

Striving for greatness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cherriemack.com
Cherrie,

I know a lot of great places, but don't worry too much right now. LSB sends out to a lot of places. If you don't see any reviews pop up on an 'I love me' Googlfu search after a couple of months, PM me and I'll send you a list of good review sites. (Places where I'm sure the books are not posted to pirate sites by their reviewers.)

Thanks Michael. I will definetly keep that in mind. I just received my contract today from LSB for Follow That Dress. It's good to know they send out to review sites on the author's behalf.

Cherrie