• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Spencer Hill Press

AngelicaRJackson

Angelic Muse
Registered
Reaction score
Website
AngelicaRJackson.blogspot.com
I submitted my YA thriller during the open period and made it to round two. Got the response saying a couple of weeks on Dec 11.... but I'm still waiting to hear anything.

Nudge or leave it alone? Anyone have any experience with their open period submissions?

I would say if you're going to nudge, give it another week or two. They're still sorting out a few things for the new owners, and I think you'd have a better chance of a response in a few weeks. All the best!

grumbles13

Registered
Reaction score
I would say if you're going to nudge, give it another week or two. They're still sorting out a few things for the new owners, and I think you'd have a better chance of a response in a few weeks. All the best!

Thanks! I figure I'll send a nudge this weekend and we'll see what happens. :)

grumbles13

Registered
Reaction score
Heard back from my nudge (whew! I was panicking that I shouldn't have sent it at all!) and they're in final rounds. Fingers crossed!

A.P.M.

Registered
Reaction score
Got my rejection today.:/ It was fun while it lasted. I asked if they were interested in a revision, and they mentioned the next open period would be in the fall.

MartinaMay

Registered
Reaction score
And three is a charm! I guess we're all out, right?

It was a good try. Remember, someone read it and liked it, which means someone else will as well.

A.P.M.

Registered
Reaction score
Did anyone else get feedback? I got one line that directed my attention to my story pacing.

MartinaMay

Registered
Reaction score
Nope. Just that none of the editors felt strongly enough to take it on. I didn't ask for feedback because I just got an agent based on a different MS and she plans to read my sci-fi thriller and make her own assessment.

MiraKat

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone else not heard anything yet? I haven't heard anything since getting confirmation that they had my ms on 12/11... I'm still deciding whether or not to nudge.

Anna L.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annafrost.ca
Has anyone else not heard anything yet? I haven't heard anything since getting confirmation that they had my ms on 12/11... I'm still deciding whether or not to nudge.

It looks like it took until around mid-March before they were done going over the subs last year. My answer even took a bit longer to come in, and it was an offer. :) So I'd say don't worry about it yet.

MiraKat

Registered
Reaction score
Just got my rejection :/ Oh well, It was fun while it lasted.

amandalance22

Registered
Reaction score
Tulip Romance

Hey guys,
Tulip Romance (an imprint of spencer hill) asked for the full of my manuscript almost 6 weeks ago. Does anyone know what their response time is like?
Thanks