Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Really, it's impressive they let him keep his head. Because in Smexy Marketing, it's all about the abs.

Oh hey, nobody told me heads were gonna roll! Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking? ...

Mesoamerican ballgame time! YEEAAHHH! Who wants to play? It's fun, you can even break a hip! And if you win you might get to be sacrificed! WOOOOOO!

No? Nobody? Huh. Okey...

*puts on Queen of Hearts costume* Off with their heads!! Off I say! Chopchop, hurry now!

... Still no? Man, tough crowd. Fine, here's what you really want:

:e2moon: :e2hammer: :box:

Barbarians...

:D

Little Anonymous Me

Registered
Reaction score
I would just like to say that I absolutely love the Cantina's new name, as my best friend just gave me back my HHGTTG that she'd had since late September/early October. Kismet? I think yes.

Also, I just managed to write on my manuscript for the first time in almost 3 months. I cared enough to write. It was only a little bit, but still.

OMG! :yessmiley

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
I think I've found a perfect new avatar.

...which I will put up in the morning, because I am sleepy and lazy.

Night to all, and to all a good night! filled with dreams of fictional characters doing odd things

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Help!!!! I'm trapped in TV Tropes and I can't find my way out!!!!!

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
Ugh, right now, I just can't really seem to lock onto a good idea. I'm not entirely sure why yet. I usually try to come up with a small summary or at least some kind of idea of what I'm writing but I just can't get that right now. I don't know why. Ugh. It's irritating. But I suppose a good thing maybe.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Happy release day, Tifferbugs! :)

*leaves trail of flaming smibbles to cantina*

Today:

I wrote

I wrote my daily poem

I wrote a blog post about my daily poem

but about the writing - it was so hard to sit there for two hours and write. I did come up for a nanosecond on Twitter. I need to do something about this internet and netflix addiction.

I also drank a whole (3 cup) pot of regular coffee. OOps. :(

Here's hoping I sleep.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Yay for the new covers.

Smexy men are also a good thing.

Saw les mis today. Was appropriately blown away. It was the first time I'd come into contact with the material, and I must say, Hathaway was aaaaaamazing. I would have paid price of admission just for her 'I dream a dream' scene. Wow.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Morning :Sun:

Today it snows. A lot. Oh well. I am staying inside.

Except I have to empty the rubbish bin, but after that I'm staying inside.

Is it ok if I read today?

:Coffee:

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Yay for the new covers.

Smexy men are also a good thing.

Saw les mis today. Was appropriately blown away. It was the first time I'd come into contact with the material, and I must say, Hathaway was aaaaaamazing. I would have paid price of admission just for her 'I dream a dream' scene. Wow.

I saw it on Sunday and was generally impressed. I haven't seen the stage musical or read the 1000+-page novel but I have seen other non-musical film versions of it. It certainly looks like it belongs on the big screen and it doesn't feel like two and a half hours.

The cinema I saw it in got the sound right - if normally-pitched dialogue (or in this case normally-pitched 95% sung dialogue) is easily audible then if any music or sound effects are particularly loud they're intended to be. (Something my parents never agreed with - they were always telling me to turn the sound down, especially if I was watching something after they'd gone to bed, 20+ years ago when I was still living at home.) Anyway, that did mean that when the orchestra started up at the beginning of Les Mis, I was sitting there thinking, Bloody hell that's loud. (Or words to that effect.)

I think Hathaway is surefire for a Best Supporting Actress Oscar -not just for this but also her being in The Dark Knight Rises last year and for her being much liked and someone who has paid her dues. As for how many others the film will win - not sure, as Lincoln seems to be one to beat and that isn't out in the UK until the 25th. Also Argo, which has just won the Golden Globe Best Film (Drama), and which I have seen and liked a lot. I doubt Jackman will win against Daniel Day-Lewis. Les Mis isn't up for Best Director and that's a bad sign for anything with hopes of a Best Picture Oscar.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning folks. There may be snow outside. Ice is more likely. I better leave myself time to scrape the windshield.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I better leave myself time to scrape the windshield.

[old crone mode]

When I was younger, people sometimes used to put cardboard or old blankets over their windscreens. Is this not worth doing in your case?

[/old crone mode]

*Serves warm beverages and iced cold drinks for Fen and Sian*

Don't mix them up now.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Over 1000 km of traffic jams in the Netherlands. Not bad for a country that's like 300 km top to bottom :D

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I hid the clock so I would stop looking at it. You cannot believe the numbers of times I have caught myself looking for it.

ETA: Oh, and I just did it again. Twice. Someone shoot me.

Last edited:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
[old crone mode]

When I was younger, people sometimes used to put cardboard or old blankets over their windscreens. Is this not worth doing in your case?

[/old crone mode]

*Serves warm beverages and iced cold drinks for Fen and Sian*

Don't mix them up now.

A sheet would be good, assuming it wasnt too windy. Securing it on the aerodynamic prius would be a challenge otherwise.

And no scrapage needed. It was 37. Weather forecast fail.

Cheers for the tea. :)

I hid the clock so I would stop looking at it. You cannot believe the numbers of times I have caught myself looking for it.

ETA: Oh, and I just did it again. Twice. Someone shoot me.

No shootage. *places a smibble where your clock was* Don't feed it after midnight or get it wet.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score

:roll:

So... How did you wind up there? :D

The native community I'm going to appears in no map...

Should I be worried?

That depends entirely - how many horror films have you seen? :D

I think Hathaway is surefire for a Best Supporting Actress Oscar -not just for this but also her being in The Dark Knight Rises last year and for her being much liked and someone who has paid her dues.

This. She's a very impressive actress, a funny individual, and not above taking jobs which are just for fun (I like Get Smart, which puts me in the minority) rather than award-bait.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score

There should be a little red X at the top right corner of your screen, click that. :)

But only in emergencies, mind you. One should not be disconnected from the internet too long. ;)

Over 1000 km of traffic jams in the Netherlands. Not bad for a country that's like 300 km top to bottom :D

:Jaw: Well that's an interesting feat.

And Good Morning Friends!

I'm up and kind of in shock. Normally, Little K gets up at least once in the night for one unexplained reason or another but I didn't hear a peep from him all night this time. And I was expecting too, what with potty training and all. I was ready to get up and deal with wet toddler and bed sheets and such. I'll have to seriously congratulate him for keeping dry all night.

Anyway, I wrote last night! And figured out where I'm going and what I'm doing with this Secret Story. The writing should go much faster now.

So how are y'all?

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
This. She's a very impressive actress, a funny individual, and not above taking jobs which are just for fun (I like Get Smart, which puts me in the minority) rather than award-bait.

I liked that movie too. And I've liked Hathaway since Princess Diaries. It's good to see her moving up in the movie world.

Status
Not open for further replies.