Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, we like you this way, Ted. I understand about chars having the writer's personality. Mine tend to start out prickly and deceptive. Like me. I'm the kind that babbles and rambles on about dumb stuff to hide what's really going on inside. You're the wall of silence, I'm the wall of sound. LOL

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
We'd be a pair. I say little, see everything. You sound off to feel out what I'm like as if you're using sonar to locate something. By the end of the night, we're both tired and confused.

I'm good at talking at length about nothing. But I prefer to observe. I'm a careful study of people and not many can get something past me.

This is another problem, characters that know too much about others. How to explain something like that?

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
I wonder what the Hounds would do if I let me demon villain control my brain for a while. He's pretty perverted and depraved. Nah, better not. I'd get banned for sure.

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
Like me? I'm not well at all. I mean c'mon. I write a pseudo-medieval world with a dark underbelly of slave trade and blood fueled demon worship. I'll never get this thing published with issues like that.

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
John Everson is a good writer. A couple folks here have gotten into him recently. NightWhere is delightfully dark and erotic.

I should be working on my WIP, but I'm not. Instead I re-read an old short story I wrote a couple of years ago about a clown. And I have to say, there are some damn good images in it. A little cleaning up and it should be ready to send off.

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
Urf. Sorry. I hate when other people want you to solve their problems. I avoid it if I can. Good luck. Or just pull out that short about the peanut butter and broken glass and see if your lady and gent think you're still a good mediator. :evil

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
By good listener he means he secretly plots to destroy everyone. It just makes him look attentive.

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
I'd have blown my stack by now. Total meltdown. Do it all the time. I take pills for it, but sometimes . . . they don't help.

Uh, whiney B**ch lady I mean.

Last edited:

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
White-out. Wait, other people get those? I wake up from my meltdown and I don't remember much of what happened while I was out. That's what the pills contain. The black out phase.

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Yeah, I've had white-outs. I get angry, the world fades to white, I begin laying down mushroom clouds and when I come to, all I see is carnage and people are hurt and offended by what I just did.

You can always tell it's coming because my face turns white as a sheet.

I don't do that anymore. I have control.

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not alone in that. I thought I was a freak. Unfortunately, I don't always know it's going to happen. I did it to a ex once. He'd always told me he wanted to see one. Then he got to and he didn't understand when I tried to explain that I have no idea how to turn it off. We broke up over it.

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I've learned that breathing helps. But the best way to avoid them in perspective and attitude. It wasn't easy for me, but I learned.

When I was in Korea, I learned very quickly that tempers are a sign of immaturity and nobody will take you serious once you lose it. So, I fought hard to maintain control and work on my attitude. They kept trying to push my buttons, too, so they could say, "look at this stupid American child." But I never let them win. As a result, I gained a lot of respect.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Also you're sort of a mountain. I don't think taunting mountains is smart.

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
Urf. I'd never survive. Persistent attempts to make me black out will indeed make it happen. My Ex found that out the hard way. He was into role playing games and he triggered a black out over wanting to control me and my character during game play. Not like I actually cared about the RP but it bugged me that he couldn't trust me enough to let me take the reins.

Status
Not open for further replies.