• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Janklow & Nesbit Associates

rnpudel

Registered
Reaction score
Alexandria emailed me on Nov. 20th that she'd received my partial and would read it asap. It's been four months, so I think it's time to nudge.

rnpudel

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, update.

Alexandra requested my partial in Oct. at a conference. I sent it mid-Nov. when she tweeted that she had power again, due to the storm. Then there were crickets. Then yesterday I sent her my updated partial, letting her know I'd made some changes.

Today she responded, asking for the full. :)

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
From The Lunch:

Julie Just, who became an agent at Janklow & Nesbit in late 2010 after working at the NYT Book Review as children's book editor, is moving to Pippin Properties on May 1. Pippin founder Holly McGhee says: "We were looking to expand our agency and had just signed a new office lease when we began talking to Julie. Since we are interested in representing our authors’ and artists’ work across all genres, including more YA and adult trade books as well, Julie Just is exactly the right fit."

Amanuensis

Registered
Reaction score
Lynn Nesbit

Does anyone have any thoughts on querying Ms. Nesbit? AQ says she is not open to queries, but their site does not. If I used their regular submission email and addressed her specifically, would they send ninjas to my home to berate me for my impudence?

merlot143

Registered
Reaction score
Got an R on my ms from Alexandra Machinist. Polite rejection, no feedback. "Didn't have fall in love with the material as much as I had hoped..."

artemis

Registered
Reaction score
Queried Alexandra Machinist this morning, got a request for the full this afternoon. Will keep you posted.

Madeleines

Je ne regrette rein
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone know if J & N is a "no response means no" agency? Their website doesn't have a policy posted either way. I queried Paul Lucas back in June and QueryTracker shows that he seems to respond pretty quickly with the rejections. Not sure if I should nudge (I feel weird about nudging a query, but most other writers seem to be getting responses) or if (and when?) it's safe to try querying another agent at the agency.

Maxwell Perkins III

Registered
Reaction score
Madeleines -- after 4 months with no response to a query, you're safe to either nudge, re-query, or query another agent. Your choice.

Wizera

MG/YA Author and Playwright
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Kirby Kim on 7/8, got a partial request this morning. Fifty pages. Yay!

Wizera

MG/YA Author and Playwright
Registered
Reaction score
...and a rejection on the partial. Not entirely sure what it meant.

Sadness.

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
From Publisher's Lunch:

Melissa Flashman has joined Janklow & Nesbit as an agent. She was at Trident Media Group for the past 10 years.

Dmbeucler

Registered
Reaction score
Website
dmbeucler.blogspot.com
Per Publisher's Lunch:
Wendi Gu has joined Janklow & Nesbit as an associate agent, working with Brooks Sherman in the children’s books division. She was most recently an agent at Greenburger Associates and will continue to represent fiction for young adult and middle-grade readers, picture books, and select adult fiction and nonfiction.

Laurasaurus

Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, congrats on the like. He's Adam Silvera's and Angie Thomas's agent (which you probably already know). He seems kind of epic.

Last edited:

gbhike

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone know if you can submit to more than one person at this company?

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
According to their website, they don't say anything about a no from one being a no from all. So, as soon as you receive a rejection from one agent, you should be able to try another.