The NFL 2012 Season

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Redskin fan since 1966. I've seen the good, bad, and ugly. My spirits have been up, down, and in between with this team. Win, lose, or draw, I have been a Redskin fan, but I am also a realist and know not to pin all my hopes on a single player or game.

Seattle scares me. I think for QB's and RB's we can stand with the Hawks, but their defense is something else. The Redskins defensive coordinator has shown some good game plans in the past seven weeks and I am sure he has a good plan for Seattle, but Seattle's defense has allowed the fewest points this season and that means the players are taking pride in stopping teams.

It will be an interesting game for sure...

Yes, I am looking forward to this one. So, how healthy is RGIII going into this game? 80%?

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Rooting for the Skins (of course), but...

...Russell Wilson is a hometown boy, so while we'll be disappointed if the Skins lose, we'll be happy for Wilson - We're already very proud of him. ;)

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Rooting for the Skins (of course), but...

...Russell Wilson is a hometown boy, so while we'll be disappointed if the Skins lose, we'll be happy for Wilson - We're already very proud of him. ;)

Yes, Russ Wilson, definitely. He was the very first football coach I ever had. He taught us a lot and led us into back to back winning seasons. He was a good football coach till he took a drunken spill down an icy set of stairs ... wait, I think you might be talking about a different Russell Wilson.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
I have another not-to-bright question...

Other than the match ups this weekend, are literally any other pairings possible in the NFC and AFC championship games?

benluby

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
That should give the Ravens an emotional edge.

Ben, you must be a Falcons fan? How are you feeling going into the post season? Almost the NFC team most likely to make a lot of noise, right?

I actually despise the Falcons. I'm a Pats fan. Falcons are like Tony Romo as a team. While they're great during the season, say playoffs and they all curl up in the fetal position in the corner crying.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
I actually despise the Falcons. I'm a Pats fan. Falcons are like Tony Romo as a team. While they're great during the season, say playoffs and they all curl up in the fetal position in the corner crying.

I'm thinkin Pats and Broncos in the AFC Champ game

benluby

Registered
Reaction score
I'm thinkin Pats and Broncos in the AFC Champ game

The only way I see that not happening is if the Texans beat the Bengals, and the Colts upset the Ravens. Colts are familiar enough defensively with Manning to actually do pretty well against him, but I doubt they'll make it past the Ravens.
I do believe the Pats are good enough to go to Mile High and take out the Broncos.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
The only way I see that not happening is if the Texans beat the Bengals, and the Colts upset the Ravens. Colts are familiar enough defensively with Manning to actually do pretty well against him, but I doubt they'll make it past the Ravens.
I do believe the Pats are good enough to go to Mile High and take out the Broncos.

Brady v. Peyton, the two old masters- hope to see that one.

A lot of great QB stories this year. Peyton's comeback of course, all the young guns- gonna be interesting to see how it plays out.

benluby

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, and that would be Native American blood.

My question is, who would the other NFC champ game team be?

I personally believe it will be either Seattle of Frisco. I'd love to see RGIII and the Skins represented, but that is going to be a brutal path to the SB.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
I personally believe it will be either Seattle of Frisco. I'd love to see RGIII and the Skins represented, but that is going to be a brutal path to the SB.

If the Niners win the Super Bowl they will tie the Steelers with six.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
I hate to say this, because I'd really like to see other teams make it to the Big Game, but I'm going to go out and predict:

Patriots v. Packers.

Neither of these prominent teams has had much press this year, because there have been so many other stories (the collapse of the Eagles, Cowboys, Bears, Giants, Steelers; the rise of the rookie quarterbacks, Griffin, Luck, Wilson; the melodrama of the Jets; the leukemia comeback of Colts coach Mike Pagano, two tragic player deaths on the Chiefs and Cowboys teams; the magnificent comebacks of future Hall-of-Famers Peyton Manning and Adrian Peterson. etc.)

But, dammit, the Pats and Packs have just cruised through their seasons with only minor bumps along the way, and look primed to be bastards in the playoffs. Brady and Rodgers get to light it up on the big stage, mefears.

caw

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Probably a dumb question, I've never let that stop me before, but is Ray Lewis gonna play in the post season?
Yeah, he is. He's going to be playing this sunday at what will probably be his final game ever in the Ravens' stadium. Well, barring an AFC championship match between the Ravens and Bengals anyways (which is certainly a possibility).

Though Ray probably won't come back as a coach. He's reportedly already created a deal with ESPN to do their Monday Night Countdown show. All that's left for him to do is sign on the dotted line after his last game.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, he is. He's going to be playing this sunday at what will probably be his final game ever in the Ravens' stadium. Well, barring an AFC championship match between the Ravens and Bengals anyways (which is certainly a possibility).

Though Ray probably won't come back as a coach. He's reportedly already created a deal with ESPN to do their Monday Night Countdown show. All that's left for him to do is sign on the dotted line after his last game.

He'd be good at that. I figured Hines Ward would be good at that kind of thing too, and when I heard he'd landed a spot on Sunday Night Football, I thought right, he'll be great. But they stuck him in with Bob Costas during half time, where he fields only one question and is sent on his way. I'd like to hear what Hines has to say. Just like I'll look forward to hearing what Ray has to say. Maybe they'll give Hines a little more time next year.

benluby

Registered
Reaction score
He'd be good at that. I figured Hines Ward would be good at that kind of thing too, and when I heard he'd landed a spot on Sunday Night Football, I thought right, he'll be great. But they stuck him in with Bob Costas during half time, where he fields only one question and is sent on his way. I'd like to hear what Hines has to say. Just like I'll look forward to hearing what Ray has to say. Maybe they'll give Hines a little more time next year.

If we're lucky they'll toss Costas out and put Hines and Ray together. That would be interesting.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
If we're lucky they'll toss Costas out and put Hines and Ray together. That would be interesting.

Hahaha! Yeah, retired or not retired, I think they'll still want a piece of each other! Funny!

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
The Bengals are lucky they only lost by six points. If the Texans had been any better at scoring in the redzone, that would have been a blowout.

As for the Vikings, they may have stood a chance if Ponder wasn't hurt.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Kubiak, the head coach of the Texan's, did not play to win. He played to keep it close and not lose. If he coaches like that against the Patriots, the Texan's are going to lose...

The Vikings / Packers game... What can I say, I was rooting for the Vikes even though I suspected their QB could not pull it off. He has not played a down all season and lets face it, he's no RGIII when it comes to scrambling. He does not have that learned sixth sense on when to scramble and when to throw it away...

Today's games hopefully are much more interesting, for all...

benluby

Registered
Reaction score
Kubiak, the head coach of the Texan's, did not play to win. He played to keep it close and not lose. If he coaches like that against the Patriots, the Texan's are going to lose...

The Vikings / Packers game... What can I say, I was rooting for the Vikes even though I suspected their QB could not pull it off. He has not played a down all season and lets face it, he's no RGIII when it comes to scrambling. He does not have that learned sixth sense on when to scramble and when to throw it away...

Today's games hopefully are much more interesting, for all...

Although the Bengals Offense was horrible, their Defense is actually pretty good.
But you are right. They play that way against NE they're toast. Being a Pats fan, I really hope they play that way.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
So, Colts' OC Bruce Arians is in the hospital with an undisclosed illness. He'll be fine, it's just that he'll miss this game, which could be quite costly to the Colts.

benluby

Registered
Reaction score
I personally didn't and still can't pick the Colts to win this, and I think missing Arians is going to be a lot more harmful to their case.
Of course, the Ravens have Flacco as QB, so that may make it a wash.

benluby

Registered
Reaction score
Flacco is making some really stupid decisions with the ball.