Things I Hate About April...

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, except THIS April is horrible at work...way too busy and too much going on.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Not a whole lot, honestly. It's mah birthday month! And the weather finally gets warm and fun April Fools website pranks and-

Oh, well, I suppose having a yellow car for a month is a bit of a bother.

Last edited:

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
The fact that my name is April...no end to the comments, year after year after year...

To help you out a bit:

No, I was not born in April. My parents just liked the name.
My last name is not Showers or Fool or Fool's Day.
It is not my month.
I've never been to Paris (although, it was really sweet when this old man I used to work with would sing, "April in Paris...")

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Oh Alpha. :Hug2: Isn't it wonderful how so many people think they're just the cleverest and the first person to make that joke at you? (I suffered from a bad case of a super-famous, yet unique last name. I know your pain. Every single person you meet...)

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Laverne . . . snicker, snicker, snicker . . . there's a huge spider crawling up . . . snicker, snicker, snicker . . . your neck . . . snicker, snicker, snicker . . .

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Oh Alpha. :Hug2: Isn't it wonderful how so many people think they're just the cleverest and the first person to make that joke at you? (I suffered from a bad case of a super-famous, yet unique last name. I know your pain. Every single person you meet...)

Thanks. LOL It never ceases to amaze me how everyone thinks they are the first to ask me *that* or make *that* joke.

A friend of mine said I should keep a water bottle at my desk, and whenever anyone makes a comment about showers, give them a little squirt.

My co-workers told me to pick a name, any name, and they would call me that this month instead. They ended up choosing my given middle name (which is now not part of my name as my maiden name took its place), but then they realized how hilarious it would be to call me May.

But actually, it was pretty hilarious, and I was cracking up. :)

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
LOL! Also, it took me a second to parse that before I realized that your full name was NOT April May.

I was probably a leeetle overeager to get rid of my last name after I got married. Some women debate with themselves about it for ages. I effectively crumpled mine and tossed it in the garbage as soon as I could. :tongue Not our of eagerness to share my husband's, but out of the desire to NOT get "Oh, are you related to [dude I shared a name with]?" "Was [he] your grandfather/uncle/other older male relative?" or "[His catchphrase]" when I met new people anymore.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
April Fools Day. Loathe it. Might as well name it what it really is Bullying Day. We battle bullying all year round then they go and give them a day where they can torment and terrorize everyone to their heart's content and they feel all they need to say is "April Fools!" to dismiss our pain.

Fingers

My cat Toby
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in the woods around Portland Oregon
Fortunately I love april. I keep such a low profile that I havent been messed with in 8 years here. Course, when you look like me, there really is no good reason to mess with me.

ps My real name is the same as one of the beach boys. 59 years of beach boy jokes and counting. And you think you got problems...

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh Yeah????

Well, my maiden name kinda sort of sounded like the word "crap."

So we can lock the thread this train of thought now. :D

:roll:

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
Alpha: My niece is named April. It's a beautiful name. (Sorry about the jokes though. That gets old real quick, doesn't it?)

Things I hate about April. Taxes. That's about it.

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
April is only a little bit less evil than March so far for me.

April Fool's things that aren't funny enough for me to be able to tell they're April Fool's things (and then apparently I'm the stupid one for not getting it).

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:( I can't ever think of things to hate.

vagough

Traveling down the Query Road...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
goughpubs.wordpress.com
As others have already mentioned, taxes and pollen. And the fact that it is starting to get warm but then will get rainy and chilly, so I never know when to replace the flannel bedsheets with regular plain ones, meaning we're either too toasty warm or too chilly at night. (But all in all that isn't much to complain about!)

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Alpha: My niece is named April. It's a beautiful name. (Sorry about the jokes though. That gets old real quick, doesn't it?)

Thank you. :) In truth, I no longer hate my name. I did as a kid, but now I like it. It's fairly unique, and I like that. (Although there were about 4 of us in my grade in middle school...now I only know one other, and we never see each other)

And the fact that it is starting to get warm but then will get rainy and chilly, so I never know when to replace the flannel bedsheets with regular plain ones, meaning we're either too toasty warm or too chilly at night. (But all in all that isn't much to complain about!)

I also kind of like it. We left the windows open last night, and it felt so good to wake up all snuggled underneath our blankets while it was cold in the room.

Of course, getting out of that cozy bed was another story. :)

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Things I hate about the fourth month of the year.

It's the fourth month. Four is an unlucky number in Japan. Deal.

Pollen. I sneeze all the time. It sucks.

It's the month I begin dieting for the summer. I hate dieting. It makes me crabbier than usual, which means I'll be Laverning all of you sooner or later.:D

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Did I mention the fact that I have to work around-the-clock AND on weekends to get these *blankety-blank* tax returns outta the door? :rant: