writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
*cracks door and tiptoes between the bodies on the floor*

*whispers*

Hope everyone got some sleep last night and feels a little (or a lot) better. :e2grouphu

*leaves french press of fresh coffee and assorted pastries for when they wake up*

Deizelcore

This is not a user title
Registered
Reaction score
Is it just me or - judging from what I've read in this and other threads of the horror section forum - are most horror writers on pain pills for some inexplicable reason?

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I love the thought of pain meds and sleeping pills. But *sigh* honestly, I'm afraid I'd start 'em and never stop.

After baby no. 2 I told my midwife to not even give me any to take home because I was worried about it. She made me take them home...in fact...I think they may be still in the cabinet. I should probably dispose of them. :tongue

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hate taking pills of any kind. Ten years ago when I had oral surgery and they took a chiseled away portions of my lower jaw on either side I only took the pain killers they gave me one day. Hated how they made me feel. I think I took advil or something so I could function.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Strongest stuff I ever took was Lortab.

Itched like I had cooties and poison ivy and chicken pox all rolled into one.

That was enough for me.

Benadryl knocks me right out if I don't keep moving after I've taken it - like mowing the lawn/yard work moving. When I do fall asleep after taking it, I sleep so hard, I don't feel rested, just drugged/foggy.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Spring will come. As surely as boy children will eat all the food in the house. *hungry*
I hope this holds up.

*clicks up the heat*

Morning irony:
I whacked myself in the kneecap just a bit ago with a dumbbell (okay...it was a can of soup, but still :rolleyes:) so hard that I almost threw up.

And now I wish I had some pain killers. :roll:

Nah, not really.

I'm making do with ice.

Last edited:

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
My brain is soup.

*sloshes head*

Okay, maybe more of a chowder...

Wrote until 1, cleaned up, got into bed at 1:45. Puppy/biggest dog in the house had an... episode... last night - leapt on my bed at 2 am, growling, snarling, thrashing about. Turning on the light revealed he was teaching his chewy bone some kind of lesson. Settled down with chewy bone. Then LEAPS back off the bed with the grace of Godzilla and proceeds to spend the next half hour on a "chew the off limits things" spree in the kitchen. I ended up shutting him in my room with me.

I be tired.

*slosh slosh*

Hmmm... Maybe soup for lunch...

CDaniel

Writing for the brand
Registered
Reaction score
May I recomend the New England Clam Chowder :)

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
I take naproxen sodium (Aleve) or ibuprofen for arthritis pain mostly, but it should be remembered that a lot of writers lead sedentary lifestyles. This can leave them with back and leg pain (which is why writers need to get up, stretch, walk, and generally get more exercise than we do).

Staring at a monitor all day while hunched over a keyboard doesn't help.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Is it just me or - judging from what I've read in this and other threads of the horror section forum - are most horror writers on pain pills for some inexplicable reason?

Not that I've noticed. I'm on them because I just had two surgeries and I can't even take them while I'm at work.

Are you new to the hounds thread? Just wondering, bc if you are we should really have a bbq to welcome you. :)

Hi, hounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.